Dear TJ...

General TJ stuff
hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Dear TJ...

Post by hanneDK »

A couple a days ago I sent TJ a thank you note/thank you letter just letting him know what an impact he has made on me.. who he is as a person and an actor.. that I admire him..

It took a lot of courage but I did it and I am glad that I did it.. Don't have anything to hide eventhough it is really personal thing I share with him and now with you.. maybe some of you can maybe relate to it..

Read it.. share you feelings.. Here is the letter:

Dear TJ,

This is the first time that I have written a fan letter; well it’s mostly a ”Thank you note”.
It has taken me a while to find the courage to do it..
So here goes…

After noticing you and your gift/talent and having tried to make sense of who you are as a person, with your outlook on life – the way you treat the people around you with respect, love and admiration – your work, on how much you give of yourself through acting. It’s so amazing, it takes a lot of courage to do that, letting your guard down and just let go.
Just that gave me the courage (I know I have used that word a lot now) to take a look at my own life and make a change for the better.

All through my childhood I have struggled with a weight problem – kg’s have been lost and gained.
Because it’s just not the weight but it’s also ones mind that is being affected, which has resulted in low self-esteem – some time is spent thinking “what are people saying/thinking of me” and sometimes I still do.
Because of that I’ve always been shy towards new people and even with members of my own family. But now I have come to the decision that this is the end of that..

On this life changing journey, my parents, brother, and my sister-in-law encourage me to keep on fighting when times get bad.
To also assist/help me with this is my doctor whom I see on a regularly basis, where we discuss the progress or setbacks since my last visit and on how it can get better – becoming more focused on my diet.
At the same time I’m on a pill prescribed by my doctor that helps me with my metabolism and lowering my appetite but I know this is a short term solution but it has helped me keep on track and until I feel secure enough to trust myself 100% - I’m now at 60%.
My focus has never been like this before, so focused on the diet and exercise. It’s been a shock for me but in a good way.

By letting my heart and soul out to you has been very hard but I am glad that I did it. It has in some way given me extra strength in trusting myself and let people know who I am and what I can offer.

So what I am trying to say is: Thank you for the impact you have made on me.

A thankful fan,

Hanne Larsen
Denmark
(HanneDK on tjthyne.com)

P.S. Just want to add that I really love the homepage – tjthyne.com and that I am a frequently member/user of the message boards.
I think it’s a great/cool way to interact with other members/fans around the world and to discuss Bones and you of cause ;-)
It’s also a great way for you to get to know your fans when you pop in.
One thing is for sure, Sharon, Steph and Rebecca does such a good job with the site – actually chat with them regularly. Love the Q&A (TJ’s Skeletons). Keep up the good work, look forward to read them in the future. :-)
word count: 658

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Dear TJ...

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hanne, what a lovely and brave letter to write. It sounds like you are taking care of yourself in positive ways and that is wonderful. As someone who has struggled with self-esteem issues (and weight issues) over the years, I think I can understand -- in my own way -- some of what you discuss, and can definitely relate to it. I know how difficult it can be.

And I just want to say that you are marvelous and I hope you continue to see that and trust that about yourself, as you continue on this (oh so complicated!) journey. Thank you for sharing it with us. :D
word count: 106
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Wlado
Fan

Post by Wlado »

Awww, that's such a nice letter. :) Really touching. I really know how it is, I have/had problems with weight and self-esteem too...
Just don't let anything discourage you, be yourself and keep it up! :D :clap: :happy-wavemulticolor:
word count: 38

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. :-)

I can with great exitement report that during the last 2½-3 months I have now lost 9 kg.. only 1 kg from having lost the weight I've gained during the last year before I started my regular visit at the doctor in July.. I still hate that I gained weight.. but now it's almost of.. well just this part..
Couldn't be more happier.. this just want me to fight even more to reach my goal.. Will keep you updated with my progress!

When I reach my goal hopefully during the next two years I have deceided to take a trip to celebrate it.. the trip will go to the USA.. I have always wanted to see the country.. see NY, LA maybe to visit some of you guys.. :-)

Your feedback is something that I really cherrish and let me know that I am not the only one with this fight.
So thank you all...
word count: 166

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

Well that was A LETTER, I truly admire you too Hanne! it takes a lot of courage to say/write real stuff and feelings in a letter, I have a weight problem too and I wish to reach your level, because for now I ended up having depression (because my weight's problem- you probably understand me-) well I'm not fat fat, but I have a lot of kg's and especially around my belly, although for me is difficult to lose them because of cortizone (I had asthma and I took a lot of that hellish medicine) so for now I will let my confession for later, but I really liked your letter on TJ. I know its personal but I would like to hear what he replied, only if you want of course.
word count: 136

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I also have to say that's exceptionally, well, courageous of you.
And I'll also admit that I've had some weight problems over the past few years, and am less than pleased with how I look.
It's not something I readily admit, but this board just seems so open and inviting. :)
I agree with your letter strongly, TJ is, from what I know, an amazing person, and the fact that he shares himself with the world so readily is just amazing to me.

And the admins, sharon, steph and rebecca do a wonderful job :clap:
word count: 97
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.