Site Development and Issues

General TJ stuff
jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: Help. :(

Post by jade.stormcloud »

If your photo is bigger than 80x80, I don't think you have to actually change the size. When you upload, just make sure you type in 80x80 as the measurements & it should shrink it for you.
word count: 37
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Ellen
Super Fan

Re: Help. :(

Post by Ellen »

Woohoo! It worked! Thanks guys. :) X
word count: 6
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Site Development and Issues

Post by ThyneAlone »

Quickie for Swedey who is having trouble finding her way round the boards (and anyone else with similar probs) - are you aware that to some extent you can choose how you see the board display? If you're not comfortable with the default, mosey on up to your User Control Panel (see link above next to the pm inbox link) and go to Board Preferences. Among other options there is a section which asks you how you want the forums displayed. You can choose what you want to see and how you'd like to see it, so if, for instance, you want the most recent post at the top of the thread page instead of the bottom, you can arrange and save it. Please feel free to organise things the best way for you and then get in and post! <<hug>> hope this helps.
Steph x
word count: 147
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: Site Question

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I know that for some reason we seem to need the smilies all out in the open now, but with the new setup, they kinda overwhelm the page, shoving the post box up under the cbox a bit.

Perhaps, we could sacrifice some of the less-used smilies for the sake of slimming it down? Even just getting rid of "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" might let the smiley portion be skinnier.
word count: 73
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Actually we don't need them all out in the open now. We are trying to get this fixed, but there is only one person that can fix it and it isn't me or Steph. :( I think there are quite a few that could be taken away besides the one you mentioned (and yes, you are correct it definitely can go!). I will keep on this as will Steph, we are really sorry for the problems it causes when trying to post. :( It is really unprofessional looking and this page isn't as bad as the page looks when you use the PM option. sigh.

Sharon
word count: 107
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Until we can figure out how to get the smilies back into the "view more smilies" option, I have cut the number of smilies available to what you see here. This at least corrects the problems with posting and pm features being completely skewed and hard to use. :)
word count: 48
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro