The 2009 BIRTHDAY PARTY thread!

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
Lonia
Super Fan

Re: The 2009 BIRTHDAY PARTY thread!

Post by Lonia »

skftex wrote:I don't drink though so maybe I just haven't had enough coke for today. :idea: Hey, Steph is back! :banana-blonde:
Or too much... :wink: At least when you would react like my sister when she has too much coke (but only from 1 or 2 brands), it's just like she drank alcohol :D

Country is good also. I don't think the music from the 40's and 50's is something I would listen to - but then, I think I really don't know much music from that time. Can you tell me one or two singers or songs from that time?

But all from the 60's up to now definately is good, there's some great music for a party from the 60's. (well not really all, I don't like every song that exist, hope you know what I mean)
word count: 146

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Still thinking about music..well, I know I said 70s glam/disco, but perhaps that is not a fair indication of somewhat catholic tastes. I like: music hall, musical, most jazz and soul, and, more recently, French and German chanson/cabaret and some indie pop. As a choir member and keen amateur singer, I could also go on to list opera and choral, but that's not appropriate for a good dance. Anything with harmony of any kind and a good tune is a fair summary. I think I'll have a bit of Beach Boys.
word count: 96
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Lonia, I'm so pleased you've stayed. We are all a bit crazy here and I'm glad we haven't put you off!
word count: 25

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

You're crazy? :o Haven't realized that :D So, what does this say about me? I don't know - but I know that I really like it here.

I am dancing to Pink now. But I also have to leave for a while now. But I will be back
word count: 48

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I apologize for not being exactly here,but I'm trying to catch up with a lot of things (that's what happens when you sleep all day)...I just realized that the 7th finishes for me in less than 6 hours,but not for the rest of you...So I'll have time to be here later too,when there'll be more people as well...
word count: 67
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I guess we're all a little bit crazy,I know I am!!!
word count: 13
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yay, Lonia, Pink... 'So what? I'm still a rock star!' Anthem for all us assertive ladies out here! Don't either of you worry about dropping in and out. I'll be out in 3 hours' time if not before; got some kind of evening commitment I don't know about cos it's a birthday surprise! Make sure you get the chance to welcome some of the Stateside members.
word count: 71

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

HI Sharon again, look, Simone is in da house!
Welcome Simone! Have a present from our Secret Party tub. Do you want anything to eat or drink? Are you going to tell us all what you brought for TJ?
word count: 39

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Btw, Simone, since you mentioned it elsewhere, my surprise hasn't happened yet, though we did all go for a birthday meal last night. Surprise is tonight, which is why I can't stay the distance here!
word count: 37

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi I'm baaaaaaackkkkkkkkk. And I brought TJ's present. His present from me is my wish for him to be surrounded by love and good health and happiness. :mrgreen: Love from all of us to him is the biggest gift I have for him. :mrgreen:

Ok, my gift I do not know yet, I'll open it in a little while.

Sundy, wow, as far as music you can dance to from the 40's you can't go wrong with any of the big bands. I like Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman and Harry James (excellent trumpet player-not so nice of a man LOL) and all of that like that. The Andrew Sisters, Jo Stafford, Doris Day, Perry Como, early Sinatra stuff like that. 50's we get a little more into the early rock n' roll and I like the Platters and Elvis and well I can't think of any more right now but you know what I mean...

The 60's which was the decade I was born was hit and miss for me as far as music, some I love and some that are very very popular I do not. I'll just leave it at that.

Like Steph I also love opera but that definitely is not the best music for a party!!

Lonia the fact that you like it here says you are a smart and intelligent person, because this group is the best group of people I've ever "met". I honestly think it takes a special kind of person to be a TJ fan.

HI SIMONE!!!! :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :romance-grouphug: :romance-grouphug:

word count: 265

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh and hello to the two guests whoever you are!
word count: 10
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Hansio
Fan

Post by Hansio »

Hello everyone and happy Birthday TJ. I hope TJ is having a good time at his birthday. T:Hansio
word count: 19

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well, Welcome to the party Hansio! And to the site as well. Glad you could join us!
word count: 17
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well Sharon,some of the artists you mentioned I know of,and some I don't.But I think I got the point.I'll stick to one,and that is Elvis,which I absolutely love...
word count: 36

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I see people start coming...I'll have to go in around 3 hours (I'm meeting some friends) so I guess by the time I get back we'll be full...
word count: 32

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR TJ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :occasion-partyblower: :occasion-balloons:
Have a small cake for TJ - which I bought (not a good cook) - with a candle. :occasion-candle:

HI EVERYBODY!

I am only here for a few minutes and will be back later in the evening! Have another appointment.

Anyway, I am here to bring the softdrinks and chips!

And TJ's present, of course! It's a gift voucher for a dinner and a movie with, well, ME! :occasion-gift: :D

See you all later! Have fun!

Simone.
word count: 82
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yes Sundy, love Elvis! He's a lot different from the 40's type music though, interesting how music changes from decade to decade and sometimes even within a year isn't it?

We can play some Elvis here! Which song do you want...hmm something fast and fun...

Sundy we probably won't ever have a LOT of people here at once, the time zones and nature of the site (plus the fact people do have lives LOL) prevent that! We probably will have quite a few people throughout the day though. And I do plan on being here off and on, though I do have some things to do later that will take me away for a bit.

Oh good present Simone!!!

Talk to you later!!
word count: 128

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sharon! I thought so! :D Yes, Elvis! Bring it on!
OK, got to go!
See you later!
Simone.
word count: 18
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Great present, Sharon! And I love all those artists you mention. I can karaoke very well if you put on some Jo Stafford or Rosemary Clooney!

Thanks for the cake, Simone (another good present btw - is that for you AND him??!)! I'll add it to the groaning table, over which a few party poppers have just soared. I can't believe how much you can eat 'virtually' without putting on an ounce!

Hansio, welcome...you're new! What a great time to join the fun. Hi, I'm Steph, a pleasure to meet you. I'm UK-based and hit 5 decades yesterday, much to my disbelief, that's why I am receiving the occasional good wish amidst TJ's...
word count: 121

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph I don't find many people who know who Jo Stafford is much, other than the people my mother's age of course! I can't sing at all so I'll let you at the karaoke and stand back and cheer! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
word count: 43