TJ--Twitter

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Re: TJ--Twitter

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Okay, so I commented on it too. Kind of wished I hadn't once I realized it was written last year. :doh: Hope it didn't sound too bad--I agree with the Booth being "unobtainable" part, but that's not why I like Hodgins. Pretty sure Hodgins is unobtainable for me too, but he's more my type.
word count: 58
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

The "unattainable" is one of the things I DON'T agree with because it makes it sound like that all women would want Booth but settle for Hodgins. And if I were to see both of them, I wouldn't even bother worrying about Booth. I preferred Hodgins from the very first episode I watched!
word count: 55
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh yes, Sharon, Ang, I really have to say :text-yeahthat: here.

You are expressing exactly what I thought as soon as I looked at this piece!

I am a Buffy freak (actually I have followed 'series 8' taking place in graphic novel form) but I have never fancied DB! :angry-banghead: He is not my type (I don't like this assumption that everyone would like him - Seth Green was my Buffy crush). I will admit to checking out Bones because of a familiar name on the credits, but that is where it stops. No slight intended, but David was not able to retain my interest in his early days and despite the latter's now much-improved acting technique it is still TJ that holds and moulds me in every scene he dominates.

TJ has never been a second fiddle to settle for; and he's not a 'Flanders' either. I liked him well before MITFS. Nor did I go for him because someone else looked 'unattainable' - puh--lease!! Credit me with a brain! And I don't like the slight surprise expressed in this article that TJ managed to develop a stereotype into a richly layered and believable human being. Hmphh! :angry-soapbox:
word count: 200
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Ditto for me, too. "Because Booth is so attractive and so kick-butt, to the regular girl, he’s way out of her league, he’s unattainable." As if! I never had the slightest interest in Booth, or Angel, or David himself. The tone of that article really bugged me. The writer seemed to assume that no one would just be attracted to Hodgins. For instance... "I mean you take the curly blonde hair, the blue lab coat, and the paranoid conspiracy theories and you’re not really interested..." Not interested?! Are you kidding me? :P
word count: 95
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

CaliforniaCurrie
Fan

Post by CaliforniaCurrie »

I have to agree with you. I started watching Bones because of David. However, during the first episode I watched my attention was immediately stolen by TJ. In no way was it because Booth is "unattainable," nor do I believe that it would be settling. If given the chance, I would choose TJ ever time!
word count: 55
Christine

-Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. -Anthony J. D'Angelo

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Hah yeah I'm going to join in on disagreeing with the article.
As a huge fan of DB and TJ.... Just no. They're different. Way different.
In no way would anyone be settling for Hodgins because they couldn't 'attain' Booth.
Aside from the fact that Hodgins is very attractive, lets look at this in a more ... logical way.
Sure, by social standards, Booth is 'more attractive.' Looks fade. And in my mind, Hodgins' personality and .. mannerisms are far more appealing that Booth's.
And as for Booth being more shiny...
Shiny can be very distracting, but even a shiny quarter can become tarnished and just like the less shiny, equally valuable item next to it.

All I'm saying, is aesthetics aside, (Though in my mind, they're equally appealing to my eyes in two largely different ways) I'd be 'settling' for Booth, not the other way around.
:D
word count: 152
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

TJThyne TJ Thyne
Off to set. Happy Wednesday!! :0)
word count: 9

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

I'm with you guys on this one! I read the article as soon as he posted the twitter and although I agreed with all the reasons Hodgins/TJ are so yummy, I absolutely do no believe he plays second fiddle to Booth.

I find them both VERY attractive in two VERY different ways.
word count: 54
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

TJ Thyne 4/13/11 Yay! Our Theatre Junkies Moment Series short films r playing in 3 more festivals! 14 so far this year. We have mad love for all 14 of u!! :) :clap:

And a picture posted with him by Hart Hanson:
TJ and Ryan actually like one another. Honest. http://twitpic.com/4kjo7f
word count: 54
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

i would love to add some of you to the list i follow on twitter - PM me yours and I'll PM you mine - screen names, that is!!
word count: 28
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Thursday 14th TJ Thyne
Thursday. Bones. Fox. Tonight. :-)
word count: 8

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

April 15

C...O...A...C...H...E...L...L...A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the music the dancing, the desert, all weekend long! Ah, Coachella!!!!! :0).

Wow, the line-up is great. Someone get me a plane ticket ASAP haha. I want to go too!
word count: 44

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

No kidding, I am so jealous! I think it sold out in like a weekend!
word count: 15

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

AngMT wrote:No kidding, I am so jealous! I think it sold out in like a weekend!
Just like Glastonbury. There is almost no chance to get a ticket. But i get a chance to see some of the artists that are on either on those festivals for myself in june. The festival i'm going to is going to be my first festival ever (insert laugh here ;) ) and i'm looking forward to it. :dance:
word count: 75

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Apr 16:

TJThyne: Foals, 2 doorcinemaclub, lil B, broken socialscene, the kills,Mumford &sons, DJ kentaro,empire of the sun,arcade fire,scissor sisters. :0)!!
word count: 25
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

April 17th

TJ Thyne
There are few things in life as perfect, as dancing in the desert til 1am among 70,000 friends with pure & utter abandonment! Ah Coachella!!
word count: 29

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Apr 17:

TJThyne: Today: Angus&JuliaStone,Ellie Goulding,BestCoast,The National,TheStrokes,Ratatat,Neon Trees,Kanya West,thePresets,she wants Revenge! :0)!!!!
word count: 22

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

April 18th

TJ Thyne
:0)

God, so adorable.. :D
word count: 8

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

April 18th

Thanks for all the dances Coachella. See u next year. Next stop...Osheaga, Lallapalooza, ACL. :0)

Euh, is there more than one Osheaga festival this year? The one I know takes place in Montreal at the end of July... Is TJ seriously coming to Montreal this summer?!?!? OMG!
word count: 50

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Wouldn't count on it Kat. LOL Of course, from the things I've read they might do in order to work with Emily Deschanel's pregnancy, maybe he will be available to go somewhere in late July, but usually, shooting has started by then.
word count: 45
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro