TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
AmyLynn
Fan

Re: TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Post by AmyLynn »

I just want to say "HI!!" My question would be: Is the chemistry among the group as solid off camera as it is on?

Amy
word count: 25

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REPLYING NOW TO: Hi TJ! :)
Maybe my Q is stupid, but anywayyy...
Is it difficult for you to learn pronouncing all this complicated names of bugs and 'things'? It's seems very naturally and easy when we're watching this... :D

HELLO CAMILLIE! I learned long ago there is no such thing as a stupid question. I believe that. And its a great question! I can't spell. I'm horrible. When I was a kid I would struggle in English class with spelling & grammar. (steph, don't kill me.) English was one of my favorite subjects, but it was because of the stories! of reading! that, that that I loved! but when it came to spelling and punctuation (as you will see as I chat today) flat out awful.
So, to give that kid a character who's first language seems to have been LATIN, haha, it was daunting at first. I kid you not the first time I read the pilot and the director wanted me to audition I said to my friend "this is a win win, if I get the role I think I can do something really fun with guy, but if I don't get it...who would want to have to say all these words!" hahaha. I do a lot of research so I know what I'm talking about when I talk as Jack. So through preparation I quickly become comfortable with what he's talking about as if I were just discussing any ol' thing like breakfast. mmmmm breakfast!
word count: 257

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

Hey TJ!

I read somewhere (Google addict here, I swear I'll get help...later) that you gave talks at high schools in your off time. So, I was wondering, what kind of advice do you have for those that are just getting into it? I'm going into 10th grade in september...just wanted to say that Bomes has helped out my science marks the same way I'd imagine water helps plants. Pass in a thank you to the cast and crew!
word count: 84

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Hi TJ :)

Thanks a lot for the time you spend with us today (^_^)

Here is a short question : which film maker or director would you like to work with?

err... And do you like waffles? lol sorry, forget about this one!!!

Véro
word count: 43
The waffle conspiracy...

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

"mmmmm breakfast!" Does this mean that someone is hungry? LOL! ;)
~Kelly
word count: 11

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

Waffles! Food! Where?! My love for waffles is...oh, wait that was TJ's Q.

In that case, I prefer cookies!
word count: 21

Britainbound
Fan

Post by Britainbound »

YAY! I found it. Thanks for your help everyone!

First off I just want to say "King of the Lab!!" jk

I am soo excited about this. I will have a question but I have to tell you TJ that I love love your show. It keeps me company when I have to wake up early the next day haha. I just started watching it a month ago and have made it through most of the seasons. TNT does not really play them in order so it jumps a bit but I don't mind. It is amusing how hodgins hair changes per season. I can't tell you how many times I have posted on facebook that I am watching Bones on a Friday night. (one time I asked a guest if she knew Temperence Brennan bc they were from DC.. As a joke of course. They werent amused.) Alllll of this is just to say that I think everyone does such a great job with their characters on the show. You are my fav though. XOXOX

my question:
were you surprised when Zack was written out? And do u think that he will be reintroduced? His character complemented yours soo well.

Elisa from Vegas

Thanks TJ you're the best!!!

Elisa in Vegas.
word count: 215

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

Replying now to: Kelly
Hi TJ. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with us. We all appreciate it very much. I was wondering if you prefer television acting over movies. I'm working on watching the movies you appeared in and I have to say that so far, you are the only reason why I've liked them

Hello Kelly!
hahaha, oh I apologize if you are watching my work from days gone by! haha, i have done some REALLY terrible things, and I'm not one to judge...but OH ME OH MY have I done some bad ones! So I apologize for the cringe permanently affixed to your face while sitting on your coach trying to watch my work. hahaha. Um, I have said before that for me acting is acting is acting is acting. My analogy is piano playing. sure you can bust out the rock and roll, or some smooth jazz, or classical, and yes your fingers dance on the keys different, but in the end its all still piano playing. Movies, TV, commercials, stage and internet, it's all storytelling which is the part I love! If I could have my dream career?! I would do a tv show for 13 episodes (some kickass role in some great show, you know: rescue me, madmen, friday night lights, entourage, breaking bad, etc.) then have the rest of the year to do film after film after film! It's movies I always had my eye on. I'm very intrigued by TV and love it very much now having done it for over a decade. Film will always remain my true love.
word count: 281

camille
Fan

Post by camille »

WOW... just wow! :shock: my Q first lol
anywayyyy

Thank's TJ for your reply! :)
I just wanted to tell you you're so awesome that you're 'with us' and reply for our questions, and everything.
Thanks, you're the best!
;)
word count: 41

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

I love TJ's commercials they are always fun !! x)
word count: 10
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Haha, right?? The Chev commercial will probably ALWAYS be my fav comm!
word count: 12
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REPLYING NOW TO:Hi TJ! Thanks for doing this.
My question is:
The moment I watched the scene in “The Boy in the Shroud” where Hodgins places the rose on Angela’s desk, I knew I had watched something special and had to follow your work (which is how I found tjthyne.com). I noticed in your Hodgins video you made (amazing job by the way! I sent it to all my friends) that you ended it off with that very scene. I was wondering if there was a particular reason for that, maybe that scene is important to you as well or if not how do you feel about it?
Shannon

Hello Shannon! How are you?! Are you making waffles by chance? Vero is! VERO! GET ME MY WAFFLES!
I really love that you love the moment with the Rose!!! WE had been doing that episode with the Romeo & Juliet Rose, and I knew by then in the show that hodgins had a thing for Angela, so I went to Hart and I asked him if there was any way, at the end of the episode, I could give the rose to Angela. He loved the idea and wrote it in as placing it on the desk and walking out. Our director wrote decided to shoot it in slow motion. It, that moment, changed everything for me in terms of Jack's never ending pursuit of Angela. I felt like suddenly, by giving her Juilets Rose, I was saying TJ, from now til the end of this show, be it an episode from now or a decade, his (Jack's) greatest pursuit, greatest purpose, greatest want, desire, need, greatest downfall, greatest moments in his life, will all revolve around this woman. The rose..the rose by any other name....yeah..yeah Shannon, I'm with you. something about that moved the show for Jack into a different place. great catch. :-)
word count: 321

camille
Fan

Post by camille »

thayanne wrote:I love TJ's commercials they are always fun !! x)
yeah me too! I love the one he's um... robot or sth xD
word count: 26

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

"haha, i have done some REALLY terrible things, and I'm not one to judge...but OH ME OH MY have I done some bad ones! So I apologize for the cringe permanently affixed to your face while sitting on your coach trying to watch my work. hahaha."

Okay, Joker, you were the movies' saving grace for me. For example, The Human Contract. First 45 minutes with you in it, great! The other hour and 2 minutes, not so much. Does that make you feel better? This is my first time speaking with a celebrity of any kind, so I apologize for my redundancies. Thank you for answering it. I'd love to see you as the next...I don't know...Jack Bauer... some day or even play the lead in a dramedy.
word count: 134

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REPLYING TO:Hi TJ Firstly Cheers for doing this and a Cheers to Steph and Sharon.
Question:-When did you first know you wanted to become an actor?
Ali :D
Welcome to 3am lo

HELLO ALI!!!! 3 AM?!!! where are you writing from?! WOW!!!! I LOVE you right now for staying up til 3 am!!! Okay, looks like to make this all fair, at some point when we do one of these chats WE in the US will have to stay up til 3am so YOU can be eating waffles while chatting with us. :-)

When did I first now I wanted to act? at a very very young age. I was lucky. I was very shy, well outside of my family I was shy. And there was a something that happened to me any time I acted, I really was getting a license to be OUTSIDE myself. to be SOMEONE else. which is beyond freeing. A lot of actors were very shy. I still am I feel. So I was about...I don't know maybe 8 or 9. Then, I started doing plays and never stopped. I knew, I always just knew. and I really do love it. It makes me giddy. :-)
Thanks for the question!
word count: 206

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Cool answers so far TJ oh and by the way virtual waffles are being served in the chat box we're having a blast choc sauce cream and all!

Jude x
word count: 31

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Brisbane Australia TJ :clap: 4am Takes a bow lol
word count: 8

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REplying now to:Hey TJ!
I have a question...Do you have more imput in the little things hodgins does (like lines), or the more broader things he does
(like the ongoing stories)
Thanks so much for answering, means the world to me
-Diana

Hello Diana!! where are you writing from?!
Nice to meet ya!
Hart Hanson is an amazing guy. and a great boss. So he's open to hearing from us, and suggestions and the like. But really, the entire direction of the show, and the character arc is ALL Hart. It's more "this is what is going to happen to Jack, now lets get him there". Most of our input comes more in the form of delivery. Our own artist point of view of what Hart has written. See its rare to have a boss who will executive produce a show with the attitude that "when it comes to acting, the actors know more then me, so I trust them". So when you have an amazing boss and great writer like that who trusts you in your craft, how can you ever question him in his? So we...I...honor Hart in staying on script.. Sure I'll improvise the ends of scenes or throw in a quick line or response here and there...like...I don't know...like "wanna do it again" to wendell after our head exploding experiment, or lots of the reactions. But at the end of the day, it's small underlines of Hart's work. And he's so good at it, I just ride the ride.
I'm realizing I'm writing so quickly and not checking anything I'm sending so some of these answers may be a bit "what the hell is he talking about" hahaha. sorry if so. thanks for the question Diana!
word count: 307

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REplying now to:Hey TJ, Basically I think you’re AWESOME!! And I spent aggges thinking of a question I could ask... And to be really honest I’m still not sure if my question makes sense!
My Question is, how do you deal with the fact that not only do you have to impress the producers and the people who work on the show but you have to impress and keep Millions of people interested in Jack Hodgins?? And how do you cope with criticism (not that you should get any!!)
Thanks a lot!!!
Amber Skye!! Xxx

HI Amber Skye! Great question. Kind of like the "validation question". Um...yeah...in the PILOT episode of a show, everyone is freaked out. you try not to be but you can't help wonder if the producers writers other actors studio network audience are happy with what you are doing. It's a scary place to be in your head, and its the worst place to be as an actor, in your head. but human nature, we care. wanna do well. want to impress. As the show begins its initial 12 episodes its now more a team effort on set so you are worried about studio and network will they keep it around will they give it a chance. when you get the back 9 season 1 you feel blessed and can't believe your luck and you assume it will all end after that. that's where YOU come in! because the audience demands more, suddenly there is a second season, and all focus becomes telling YOU the audience the story (which is what should have been the case in the beginning) then the ride becomes more clear. but I'll tell you, we were far from loved over there in the world of programming for many years. the ONLY reason we are still on the air is because of our audience that is so loyal! the powers that be cannot deny that this show has a following. So YOU YOU YOU are the reason why bones is still on the air, and I mean that! So THANK YOU ALL for watching!!!!!
word count: 362

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

How are we doing?!
am I taking too long with my replies?
are you getting bored?
Did you fall asleep in Europe yet?
I'll speed up!
;-)
word count: 27