Time for another chat with TJ! The chat will take place on the date and at the time listed above. Please do not post this information on Twitter or Facebook or other forums. We are going to try to keep this one as a chat for those of you that come and participate, so not advertising it will give you a better chance of having a question answered! The chat will still take place on the message board in a thread that will be started specifically for the chat. The length of the chat is based on TJ’s availability, he will tell us when he has to leave, right now he plans on a two hour chat and usually it is pretty close to that length (*assuming he has no technical difficulties )
PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES!! If you show up to the chat we are going to assume you have read them.
* THIS CHAT WILL BE COMPLETELY MODERATED. So, when TJ arrives, do not ask a question until you have been told to ask one. Feel free to properly greet TJ though. Steph will be the moderator, but I will also be helping to make sure things go smoothly. The thread will be posted in the TALK TJ section of the site, prior to the chat starting and will be locked until TJ is ready. Once TJ arrives, please wait to post, we are going to ask TJ to post something first so we all know he is there, then Steph will start selecting people to ask their questions. Once TJ has posted, feel free to say hello to him.
* The order for the questions will be determined by a draw, done by Steph prior to the chat. If you are going to attend and wish to ask TJ a question, you need to reply ON THIS THREAD, and tell us you have a question. DO NOT POST THE QUESTION; just let us know you would like to ask him something. YOU MUST REPLY ON THIS THREAD BY MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME ON April 27, 2010. If you do not specify you wish to ask a question prior to this time, you will not be able to ask him a question, though you are welcome to come to the chat and comment on anything he says there. If you attended the chat last time and had told us you had a question but didn't have a chance to ask it, you do still need to post and tell us you will be here and want to ask a question this time.
* Any question that is asked without being told by Steph to do so will be deleted and you forfeit your chance to ask a question for this chat. I've also talked to TJ and he will not answer if you haven't been told by Steph to ask. No one will get to slip one in this time.
* We want this to be a little bit more like a chat so that TJ doesn’t feel he is just answering questions and has no feedback, so please feel free to comment on anything he says. Just chatting with each other is okay too, though we would like to keep that to a somewhat minimum if possible, so it doesn’t take TJ a long time to see question when they are asked. Steph will tell each person when they can ask their question, followed by a short time to discuss the answer-then the next person will be told to ask their question. We hope to keep a nice flow to it, but also allow you and TJ to have a little bit of chat time between questions. (this is the same as the last chat, so reading the October chat will give you an idea of how that works if you are new to the chats)
* Please turn off signatures during the chat if it includes a photo. Text signatures with just a few lines are fine to keep.
* If you do not have a question for TJ, we do still want you to come to the chat and participate in the comment/chat part of it and talk to TJ.
* During the time of the chat we’d like to minimize the discussion going on in the chatbox. This is because TJ would like you all to discuss things in the thread where he can see it so he doesn’t feel he needs to go to the chatbox to interact with us or feel like he is in the chat thread all by himself.
* Please do not ask TJ personal questions. He’s nice and he’ll answer almost anything, but the purpose of this is to allow fans to ask him questions about his work. Steph will remove questions that we feel are not appropriate and you will be warned.
* Questions do not have to be limited to Bones, and out of the box questions are fine, just keep them clean and family friendly. The more you ask him about Bones the better though, since that is part of the reason he is doing this, so he can talk to us and answer any questions about the episodes in Season 6.
* Make it fun for TJ, be creative. He tends to be asked the same questions over and over so if you are able to come up with something new, he’ll probably enjoy chatting more. TJ’s favorite color is blue. We are telling you this so we can hopefully have more original questions asked.
* Please check the tj’s skeletons section and see what he has already answered, and please do not ask any of those questions again. We recommend reading the August and the October 2010 chats as well-they are located in the TALK TJ section of the message boards. If you ask something TJ feels he has answered already, you will be referred to the tj’s skeletons section and he will move on to the next question.
* When TJ announces he has to leave, that is the end of the chat. IF TJ ANNOUNCES HE HAS TO LEAVE PRIOR TO EVERYONE HAVING A CHANCE TO ASK A QUESTION WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN ONE OF THE FUTURE CHATS. Please understand that as more people participate the harder it will be to get questions answered by everyone, but we are doing our best to make this a fair process.
* After the chat is over, you can post suggestions or comments in this thread or send Steph (ThyneAlone) or Sharon (skftex) a pm.
You can look at the time in Los Angeles and compare it to your local time to determine how many hours ahead of Los Angeles you are. If you are still not sure, feel free to post on this thread and ask us what time it will be where you are located, and we’ll be happy to help. This time it will be early in Australia but not quite as early-TJ really wanted to have a chat at a more convenient time for you but it is hard with the huge time difference from LA to Australia. We realize this is chat is on a Friday during the day in the U.S. and may mean those of you that work may not be able to participate but TJ chose this date and time and in the end it has to work for him first and foremost. We hope a lot of you still will be able to attend, but if not, there will be others. TJ has promised.
You do have to be a registered member of the message boards in order to chat. You can register by clicking the register link at the top of the message boards. If you have any problems with registering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As you all can see, having chats every month hasn't been possible for TJ, but he will continue to do them when he has a chance. We are looking into options to do the chat in a live feed but haven't found the software with the requirements and security we desire yet, but we'll keep looking. If you have any questions about the chat or guidelines, you can ask them here, or send one of us (skftex or ThyneAlone) a pm and we’d be happy to answer them.
Thanks everyone, and once again let’s make this a great experience for TJ, so he’ll want to continue doing the chats.
Sharon & Steph