All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Post by ThyneAlone »

I thought it might be a good idea to put together a virtual interview for TJ, with us all contributing the questions we'd most like answered, and getting replies I can post here. Management thinks it's a great concept and assures us that TJ will be really enthusiastic about it, though obviously, what with the strike and having to arrange things he can do during what might be a Bones writing hiatus, he is very busy. We are important to him.

So over to you. It would be fantastic if we could ask off-the-wall questions that he hasn't been asked before (can't see a lot of that happening though!) and equally if we remember to ask about his other work as well as 'Bones'. Get your thinking caps on and post a question here. It'll get a reply!
word count: 145

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Questions for TJ? And questions that he's probably never been asked before? Oy. That sounds like a hefty task. I've brainstormed a few things, but I'm not sure they're original (they're mostly questions I want to know answers to!).

All I'm thinking of now is:

* Which of your castmates do you get along with the best? Do you spend time together when you're off set?
* What types of programs do you like to watch on TV? What are your favourites this season (not including Bones!)?
* Has Emily made you try any of her vegan cuisine yet? (Okay, that's a selfish question! I know Emily has said in interviews that she's good at getting people to eat vegetarian, and she has David eating vegetarian once a week. I've always wondered if TJ would go for it!)
* If you weren't on Bones (heaven forbid!) which show would you like to be on, and which character would you play?

Those questions look kind of silly written out, but ... that's all my brain is putting out today. I'll keep this tucked away in my brain and perhaps some more intelligent questions will arise!
word count: 202
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

iseeyou
Fan

Post by iseeyou »

what's the weirdest encounter he's ever had with a fan? Best encounter? Is he single? (that might be too personal, I suppose) What does he look for in a woman?
word count: 32

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

To borrow/paraphrase a question from James Lipton: If you weren't an actor, what would you most like to do instead?
word count: 22

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You're a (heh) "Theatre Junkie"... will we see you return to performing in theatre productions once in a while? What role would you love to play that you have not yet experienced?

Also, a slight follow-up to those questions:
Have you ever delved into the other aspects of theatre or film, such as playwriting, screenwriting, producing, or directing? Along with acting, are you interested in pursuing those types of avenues, or is acting the main focus for you?

What do you think would be the ultimate challenge for you as an actor?

What would you like to do as an actor that you have not yet explored?

Are there any actors/actresses that you admire and respect with whom you'd especially love to work?

For those of us not in that world, could you describe what a "typical" day on the Bones set is like? What do you enjoy most about being on this program?

Bones (the program) often shows how the Jeffersonian group works together really well as a team, but the view tends to stay with the team's work "on the case," not necessarily visiting the individual member's personal lives. Do you think exploring those worlds would detract from or enrich the characters and the program as a whole? (I ask because I'd love to see a glimpse of their worlds -- Booth and Brennan of course, but most especially the rest of the squints, of whom I don't think we get to see quite enough. I'm very curious to see and hear more of Zack and what his Iraq experience was like, and the enigmatic Jack and his past & present.)

Where would you like to see the role of Dr. Jack Hodgins go as the series progresses (not just romantically with Angela, but also professionally as a scientist, and emotionally as a man)?

That's all I can come up with so far. :D
word count: 323

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Wow! You guys added some very interesting questions. I'd love to know the answers to them all! (But I'm nosy like that).
word count: 24
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

i been racking my brains to think of the prefect question and so far i can't think of anything. i think i'll my sister at the weekend she may have really good question.
i suppose i could ask how found filming Aliens in a spaceship cause that looked like a gruelling episode to film
word count: 56
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

That's a really good question, blue_eyes. I'd certainly want to know more about that experience.

In fact, I'm sorry they didn't get into it in the special features of the season 2 DVD set. I think it was a pivotal, powerful episode, one everyone seems to remember, no matter which character is their favorite.
word count: 59

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

You all have such wonderful questions! Besides answering all those questions, I would like to know why he hasn't been asked to do any commentaries on the DVDs. There were so many perfect episodes for him to comment on, like "Aliens in a Spaceship."
word count: 45
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ooh, great question, Rebecca! :D I want to know the answer to that, too.

Okay, I noticed Steph mentioned looking for 'off the wall' questions as well as regular ones. I don't know if this is necessarily off the wall, or simply none of my damn business (heh), but... An episode recently aired (this past week) in which all the characters discussed some of their crazy, silly, and/or embarrassing 1980's school experiences. TJ, what's one that you're willing to share?

Also, knowing your character as you do, what Halloween costume would you have chosen for him, for this year's fun episode?
word count: 106

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Sherry, you just asked the question I forgot to ask! What was up with the Captain costume??? What would you really have preferred to be wearing for Halloween?
word count: 28
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm typing them up as they occur to me. That one took a little while to get to, in my brain. *GRIN*

And I really am curious about that Halloween question. I wonder if there's something he would have preferred, especially because most of the other costumes were really silly and fun. I think as a character Jack has a great sense of humor -- I would have liked to have seen that come out in his Halloween costume. Maybe next year! ;)
word count: 83

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ, from any of the three seasons, what are your favorite Bones episodes...

... overall?

... because of the intriguing (or really disgusting) case? :D

... because of fun or interesting character or story development (yours or someone else's)?

... because of something you felt your costar(s) achieved impressively in a scene or episode?

... because of something in a scene or episode you felt you accomplished really well as an actor? (We're more than happy to brag for you, and I know there are always areas where actors wish they could go back and fine-tune something, but I believe there must be some scenes where the acting felt spot-on, where you felt you hit all the notes that you could, that you accomplished what you wanted. Just curious if they're the same moments we enjoy the most, or if it's something more subtle overall that you pay attention to as an actor.)
word count: 154

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Wow. You guys are really outshining me here with your awesome questions! I think I'll just sit and ponder some more, and let you all come up with the quality ones!

I, too, would like to know about the lack of commentaries with the whole cast (or with TJ and Michaela, which would have been pivotal on an episode like "Stargazer", or even "The Girl with the Curl"), and I also really was looking forward to a commentary with TJ and Emily on "Aliens", since they did seem to have the most grueling work to do! I'd also love to know what it was like to do all those car scenes ... it must have been very cramped, and hot with them in there for all those days! (the days to film it, I mean, since their characters weren't in there for days!).

And YES! The Halloween episode! Why didn't the cast get a say? Or did they? Jack as the Captain of the Titanic seemed ... out of character to me. Maybe not OOC, so much, but it was just odd when there were so many other great choices. I think we all agreed that the Jack we know would have been a pirate! Maybe even a Jack Sparrow type pirate (was that his name? I've actually never seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies).
word count: 229

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Theatre

Post by TJ4ever »

I really would like to know if there will be a chance to see TJ performing live on stage?
Simone :)
word count: 20

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I thought of one no-one's asked yet!

TJ, you have a very unusual surname which I've never heard before. Does it have a history (or a geographical link to a certain area?) and are there many of you Thynes out there?
word count: 44
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

For info - the questions so far have all been passed on to the management and I am assured they will get to TJ and he will answer them. We'll have to find a space to put up his responses!

Feel free to continue asking questions. I'm sure there are a lot more in those fomenting brains out there.
word count: 60

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Here's one from Sherry for a start.
Sinkwriter72 wrote:TJ -- do you look for roles that might add to your overall résumé, to show a variety of what you can do, is that important to you, or do you prefer to let each role you read make an impression on its own merits, whether or not it will serve to round out what you've played in the past?
Good eh? Or there's the ever-reliable:
Are there roles in the entire canon of screen and stage acting you feel you could have made a good job of, if you'd been able to perform them?
And the basics:
Would you like to play a real baddie?
What was the first role you ever undertook?
Have you ever been offered a part you turned down - and, if so, why did you reject it?
word count: 146

PrettyIllusions
Fan

Post by PrettyIllusions »

Some off the wall questions:
* What is your favorite type of animal?
* Do you have any pets?
* How would you describe your personality?
* If you could live anywhere where would it be and who would you want with you?
* Have you decorated your house and how good are your decorating skills? - this question is way off in left field.

:D Sorry I can't resist these questions:
* If you are single and were ever in my hometown (Tumwater, Washington) or anywhere close by, would you let me take you out to dinner? :shock: :lol:
* If we were at a Christmas party and I was standing under the mistletoe would you kiss me? - had to throw in a holiday question there...Merry Christmas :P :mrgreen:

- Hope you have a sense of humor! :twisted:
word count: 126
Well behaved women rarely make history.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

LOL! Wonderful stuff!
And the last two are just no-brainers, of course he would!

If you could have dinner with absolutely anyone from any discipline and any era, who would be your 3 first choices and why?

What were you best and worst at in school?

What has been your favourite place to visit in the world so far, and where would you really like to visit?
word count: 68