All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Post by ThyneAlone »

Don't make a separate thread unless you can link it firmly to TJ and his acting. Of late, given that news has slowed up a bit, we are tending to talk more about ourselves than him - which isn't the point, if you get my meaning!

I know you had an idea to make a music thread related to TJ's favourite music and I think it's a good one - he's got a lot of interesting material listed on his MySpace. Feel free to create one.
word count: 89
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

As you all know, the Mteam has had a hell of a job trying to post this first well-prepared interview with TJ onsite. Hopefully we'll get it soon, though it won't be as 'pretty' as they wanted. But we now have more than enough questions for another interview! Hence - I'm throwing out the germ of an idea. Management suggestion but I had thought about it anyway. Instead of a second interview, how about we put a small number of these questions to TJ maybe once every fortnight or so, then he can answer on the main pages without putting stress on him or management? If you're happy with that I'll get on to it. I like the concept because it would actually update the site regularly with something other than news.
What do you think?
word count: 141

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sounds much more manageable to me. If it helps out TJ and the M team, I'm all for it!
word count: 20

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sounds great, Steph!
word count: 3
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

hi all!
wow...you are all so creative with your questions, and they make me laugh so it just goes to show, TJ's fans are all just well...spectacular :wink:

I'd like to know what question he gets asked the most or what his favorite question to answer is...

Or maybe...wait I had one...Oh! one thing he would like his fan base to know that they probably havent already found out in other interviews or face to face encounters

and lastly while I can still get something creative from my brain(tests over 100 questions should be banned in college I tell you :wink: )
people generally have an animal that is close to their personalities, has anyone ever compared him to one? or what animal would he like to be...haha I know its silly but normal questions are so often asked and why not be silly once in a while

p.s. I think you are all amazing and if I ever get the chance to meet any of you I would consider myself the luckiest person in the world....so if anyone is ever in the dallas area I will be more than willing to cook dinner :) haha we could just fawn over our favorite man...he is perfect isnt he?
word count: 215

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh I came up with another one...which can only be expected when you are at work and bored

which child was he in the family...you know the wild child? the good student sort of child, the mediator, the quiet one etc etc...
word count: 44

iseeyou
Fan

Post by iseeyou »

A few questions:

TJ, has anyone who you have encountered on the street ever shouted "BICYCLE! BICYCLE!" at you before (in honor of your brilliant role in the great movie "How High") If I ever saw you in person that's what I would do.

Which one of oyur siblings are you closest to?

Did your family make fun of you for wanting to be an actor? Did they give you loans when you were broke?
word count: 76

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh this is all such excellent stuff. OK that's the last few going down on list no. 2, gonna send that off this weekend. Well done everyone and thanks for your amazing contributions here!
word count: 35

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Typical - as soon as I sent off the list, another one occurred.

It's said that it is the actor's anathema to work with children or animals. I have seen your fellow Bones cast act with kids, but don't recall seeing you doing it. Do you agree with the 'advice', and have you ever had to act with children in particular? And does it demand something different from work with adult actors?
word count: 74

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

OK, this is what I would like to know:

We all have bad days; 'bad hair' day, 'no brain activity' day, 'nobody loves me' day, 'aching all-over' day, 'get out of my way' day, 'feel so small' day, 'wanna stay home' day... and such.

Do you have them? How do handle them - how do you get the energy and self-confidence to get in front of the camera and smile (when you are depressed) or look sexy (when you feel like sh..)? Do you avoid auditions on such days or not?

Kate

P.S. Where is everybody? On MySpace? Come on! Get back here!!!
word count: 105
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey give us a break, I am having a positively s*** time at work at the moment! Talk about pushing treacle uphill! Can't get on as often as I'd like...
...but Kate, another thing is that I don't expect too many people on here during my 'main' posting period, because for our US compadres it tends to be very early in the day or even beauty sleep time. They'll be round, never fear, and if not we'll go chase them!
:wink:
word count: 85

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*rubbing eyes* What was that you were saying? I'm sorry, I was in bed sleeping. ;) Just teasing, ladies.

Yes, it's true. On occasion our schedules get insane (sometimes it sucks being a responsible adult, hahaha), and when that happens it's tough to find the time to stop by and post comments. In fact, Steph has some wonderful episode commentaries under the Bones section of this forum that I have yet to find time and brain power to respond to. (Sorry, Steph. Soon, I promise. Sending hugs & kisses!)

I think (for me personally) I go through periods of time where I am very focused and can juggle all the different aspects of my life, including posting thoroughly here, but then there are days (or weeks) when I feel less focused, even scattered, and on those days it's difficult to find the energy to contribute (or to contribute well, which is always important to me, being the detail-oriented gal that I am). On those days, I have to take some time away, regroup, get the brain rejuvenated, and then I can come back with a joyful vengeance. :mrgreen:

Lately, I've had to concentrate on other tasks, job search stuff especially (blechh), and also on delightful tasks, like catching up with my best friend on the phone after a long time of no contact (two and a half hours last night, wow!), sending friends feedback on their stories (fun!), and exploring some of my own creative interests here and there (an important nurturing thing, though not always easy to remember to give myself and make time for).

But never fear, as Steph says, we all find our way back here whenever we can. And I'm getting into that focused mode again, so... you never know what that will yield! :D

Loving the questions you all are asking! Can't wait to hear the responses. Hey Steph, any word from the M Team on when Part II of the Interview (with our original batch of questions) will be posted?
word count: 340

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Okay, I think I have another question or two...

I was watching an old interview of TJ's where he talks about Hodgins and how he's not really afraid of anything, he's not squeamish, he deals in bugs and maggots and "dirt" everyday, and eats unusual fare like Seven Organ Soup... so I ask, do you think there's anything that truly rattles Hodgins? I notice in the episode The Skull in the Desert, Hodgins goes on about how he can't understand the appeal of vacationing in the desert, especially because "Snakes, scorpions... buzzards and snakes..." Notice the very Indiana Jones-esque dislike of snakes, that Hodgins actually mentions it twice. Interesting, I thought. Hmmmm... :D

Also, now that he's had this horrific experience of being buried alive, how do you think that has affected and changed Hodgins? I'd love to see these issues return for all the characters on the show, as a result of what happened in Aliens in a Spaceship, especially because the Grave Digger is still 'at large,' but I'm most curious for what it will stir up for Brennan and Hodgins. Could make for one hell of an episode. (And of course, I'm all for anything that gives TJ more screen time and the opportunity to show off what he can do, which is substantial.)
word count: 226

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

I am not sure if this has been asked on previous lists, but...
Are there any rolls that you have auditioned for in the past you reeeaaallly wanted but was not chosen? Life is full of ups, downs, victories, and disappointments, but you seem to have a gift in choosing those gigs that are "right" for you. Are there any types of rolls/characters you have not yet played that you really want to challenge?

I have considered pursuing some commercial jobs and extra work (I'm a writer too). Do you have any advice for someone just breaking into the business without the formal training, such as a degree in the fine arts? Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in a personal-interest question. :oops: :)
word count: 125
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

xxmeg
Fan

Post by xxmeg »

willowwood wrote:Ooooh just stopping by this thread for the first time, and you've already given some wonderful questions that I can't wait to here the answers to, but just thought I'd add a couple.

1. Would you ever consider attending a convention? (epescially in the UK *grin*)

2. Have you ever visited the UK?

Hope they're ok :)

I'm loving these questions :D

TJ, if you haven't visited the UK, you should! You have two people now, willing to give you a guided tour!!! :lol:
word count: 89

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I just came back from reading the exclusive questions with TJ - which I didn't know they were up. And it gave me the last push to get here and ask. Because I've been somewhat hesitant about doing this. Don't know why. :|

- Do you have any fun story in the Bones Set? I've read in several interviews that you and the rest of the cast on Bones are laughing in every scene so, what's the truth behind those laughs? What makes it so funny?

- In the first part you said that you don't want to teach, you just want to learn as much as you can. What do you do in order to learn? Do you take classes?

- If you had more time, would you like to go and travel? Is there any place in the world that you ever thought of visiting?

Last but not least:

- Regarding your character on Bones, how do you feel about Hodgins's consporacy theories? do you like that aspect of him?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh god! sorry, I didn't wanted to make 4!! it seems like a ton!! but...now I feel good. :D
word count: 193
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Are you kidding me, Sofi? Have you seen how many questions I've thrown out there as possibilities for TJ to answer? :D

(And in my defense, I'm not the only one. hahaha)

I think you're doing fabulous, asking those four delightful questions. Don't you worry about a thing. And if you think of more, don't be afraid to post them. He may not be able to get to them right away, but hey, I'm sure he'll be tickled that you took the time to put yourself out there and post anything.

Personally? I liked your questions, so I'm sending you a big 'Yay, Sofi!' :mrgreen:

Okay, it's been a long day and I'm exhausted, so goodnight all. Sweet dreams. xo
word count: 128

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Sherry!

Go to bed!

{{{smooch}}}
word count: 5
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I did! (Go to bed, that is.) But not right away. I needed to unwind and power down the mind a bit. It's been a particularly trying week, of hard decisions, so I really needed to stop thinking about it. After stopping by here, I watched a bit of TV in bed last night, and whose face pops on screen right as I was channel-flipping? Yep! TJ's. It was his cars dot com commercial, which gave me a bit of a giggle right before I turned in to go to sleep. Thanks, TJ! ;)

And hugs to you, late_heart! And to you all. :D
word count: 106

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Are you kidding me, Sofi? Have you seen how many questions I've thrown out there as possibilities for TJ to answer? :D

(And in my defense, I'm not the only one. hahaha)
hahaha! of course, you're not the only one throwing questions around here :P give me some days and may be i'll come up with some more... :D next time I'll promise I will not doubt it. And it doesn't matter if he doesn't get them tomorrow, Ill be happy if he gets them and answer at least one. I read the whole thread and really? I'm very interested to know the answers to the rest of the questions, I hope the second part doesn't take so much time to be up.

You are so lucky. You know how awesome it would be to turn on the tv and suddenly catch a commercial with TJ? We are lucky enough if we have Any bones at all, and every once in a while a commercial of the show...damn FOX they really don't know how to treat viewers. gah..

anyway, sorry, I went off-topic.
word count: 194
~ s o f i