Bones 9.05 The Lady on the List

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 9.05 The Lady on the List

Post by stargazer »

Well, I liked this one because it made me laugh. The victim was supposed to be an awesome guy, but the story of the murder wasn’t really that interesting to me. I’ve only watched this episode once and maybe I missed it, but did they explain the arsenic that was found in the body? I know the wife was giving him herbal remedies but I think she would know if she was giving him a poison. I do like the idea of having a bucket list and I think everyone should have one. I LOVE the fact that Hodgins wants to go to the “real” Area 51 and jump wearing one of those flying squirrel suits. I would totally go with him! (well, to Area 51 anyway) LOL! I don’t have an official “bucket list” but if I did, meeting TJ in person one day would definitely be on it. :smile:

I was surprised to finally see Dr. Wells again. I had wondered what they had done with his character after his short appearance in Season 8 and honestly I’m hoping that he’ll bring an interesting new storyline to the show other than just being a “douche”, as Angela would say. Haha!

My favorite parts of the episode were TJ’s scenes. Hodgins getting soooo excited about hawk puke/rangle (spelling?), and of course the scene where Hodgins walks in on the conversation between Dr. Wells and Brennan discussing his proposal of going out to dinner for the sake of intelligent conversation. The look on Hodgins’ face was priceless!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! I wonder if TJ got to actually feed that hawk like he did in the show……..
word count: 280
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

80sgirl
Fan

Re: Bones 9:05 The Lady on the List

Post by 80sgirl »

I haven't seen any of the Season 9 episodes yet, as I am just getting through Season 8 on DVD! But, I do have a bucket list, and I have added meeting TJ in person on it!!

I remember the actor who plays Dr. Wells also played the character "Kirby" on Frasier.

Unfortunately, because I work nights, the only time I can catch up is on the weekends! Keep up the great reviews!
word count: 74

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Re: Bones 9:05 The Lady on the List

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Awww You'll catch up :icon-razz: I still need to get the S8 DVD :smile:

Anyway YES, TJ's Parts were the Best (And Emily's ;-) haha). Yeah I think the Murder was pretty Lame but the episode its self was Full of Funny and Awwwww Moments. My Fav Line was when Hodgins said: "Labels Matter because Words Hurt" or something along those Lines, I honestly thought that was very Powerful even though it was kind of said like in a brush it off kinda manner.

Meeting TJ & Emily have always been at the top of My Bucketlist 8-)
word count: 96

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 9.05 The Lady on the List

Post by cutenebula »

So, it seems to me that something is missing in this episode... They talk about arsenic and we never have any explanation of how and why the poison ended up in the victim's body... :/ We suppose it comes from the herbal remedies, but that's not sure and noone seems to care about that after they have told his wife she gave him arsenic :/ And guess what? When they said that the hawk was poisonned by arsenic I thought: "aaaw poor hawk, he's going to die and noone cares" :(

I thought the victim was very boring... He was an amazing man, he was an inspiring man, bleh.

I would have loved to see how they caught the hawk... ;) To be honest this one was VERY familiar because I don't think a wild one would stay on a branch so close to humans. Even to eat some part of a body.
And it made me laugh to see how disgusted Angela can be toward the little pellet. Come on! It's soooo small!!! And really nothing disgusting in that...
The cerumen moment was really funny too :D Cam being disgusted by this was pretty hawkward considering her usual job :P

The bucket list: I loved that Hodgins has "go to the real area 51" on top of his list ^_^ I have no list and I think I will never have one, because life is full of surprises and that's all the fun ;)

Dr Wells... He seemed pretty much interesting when I saw him in season 8, but the way he acted in this episode wasn't really the best. I was hoping a bit more from his character, being as inteligent as Brennan and with the high opinion he has of himself. We understand perfectly that he really gets on everyone's nerves but he was just a bit boring. I don't know if we see him more later, but I am a bit disappointed.

Brennan keeping a photo of a wedding dress since she's been 8... Isn't it a bit cliché? I have to admit I think it doesn't really suit to her character.

Ah VAL... This was a bit useless. And at the end, come on! Val, Dr Wells only friend??? Bahaha...
It's good to see that they can spend 3 millions in a useless machine... (am I being sarcastic?...)

Ok that was my long one for this episode ^_^ I've seen it a few minutes ago, so it's easier to remember all the things I wanted to talk about ;)

word count: 429
The waffle conspiracy...