HAPPY BONES HALLOWE'EN!

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

HAPPY BONES HALLOWE'EN!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hallowe'en is looming on the horizon. What would be your ideal Hallowe'en costume for Jack?...apart from a pirate, that is, as at least three of us have said so. We were a bit disappointed with the Titanic attire. Come on - let your imagination run wild. How would you have liked to see Jack?

I think I want him as an Egyptian pharaoh. So he'd fit in magnificently with the Cleopatra's bed scenario. And I think we might get some abs in an outfit like that. :twisted:
word count: 90

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Abs? Most definitely! The Pharoah idea is brilliant, Steph. I still like the idea of a pirate though--loose fitting white shirt open to the naval, tight fitting breeches, a big gold earring... sigh...

But the Captain of the Titanic??? Where did that one come from???
word count: 46
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:Abs? Most definitely!
But the Captain of the Titanic??? Where did that one come from???
My thoughts exactly! Also, the photos I've seen show him with a full beard, which has me wondering if TJ's grown the beard back (he seemed a bit scruffier in 3x04), or if it's a glue-on.

I definitely think he should have gone as a pirate! That just seems so ... Jack! Other ideas ... he could have been Sonny (to Angela's Cher), or a GREY alien (just to show everyone they're grey, not green!), or some type of insect, like a beetle. Or how about Beetlejuice? Does anyone else remember that movie, or is it just me with my psychotic upbringing? :lol:

I also *love* your idea, Steph, about him being a Pharaoh. That would be absolutely lovely - plus, as you pointed out, he could be shirtless!
word count: 148
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

As the Management Team suggested, I've started posting about TJ over on the FOX forum. I'm gldn1960 over there, if anyone wants to join me! Sadly, that forum is pretty much overrun with Booth and Brennan fans exclusively, so we need to show some solidarity. We did a pretty good job on TV.com, but it sounds like we have a better chance to be heard by TPTB on the FOX forum. Steph gave me the idea to post about the costumes on the Halloween Episode Countdown thread, and I've also posted on the Hodgins New Do thread--on that last thread I got a DB fan who had to tell me how Booth is sexier than Hodgins. You just can't put in a good word for TJ without some DB fans getting all defensive and bent out of shape.
word count: 144

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think I might have to have aversion therapy to make me join the Fox forum. TJ is about the only reason I might do it (or possibly as your supporter, Rebecca). With apologies to anyone here who is a regular poster there - obviously a reasonable proportion of the people there are intelligent and interesting - I just find a lot of the posts trivial and/or aggressive, especially when posters don't share a viewpoint and can't accept that others do think differently. Then comes defensiveness and, sometimes, personal insults. It happens on every forum I've visited, but Fox seems to attract it more than other boards. I guess my intolerance might be a facet of my age! - and that may be confirmed by the fact that I find it difficult to navigate and have to turn off my pop-up blocker every time I go on there.

However, it is nice to hear the occasional TJ voice amidst the DB adoration. I've nothing against DB, and was a BtVS/Angel obsessive, but I do find his acting a bit less subtle...
word count: 185

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Glad to know that it's not just me, Steph, who finds the FOX forum unpleasant. Although I haven't posted there much in the past, sadly it sounds like it might be the only forum that the "Bones" people visit on a regular basis. If we post together we are a force to be reckoned with--unlike many of the regulars on that forum, we are articulate and persuasive. Guess I'm just biased in our favor!
word count: 78

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

The Fox.com forum, eh? You mean the Boneyard. Uh ... well ... for TJ, I'd do it, like Steph said. But ONLY for TJ. My friends from tv.com know that I didn't do well on the Emily Deschanel front, because there are a lot of anti-vegan, anti-animal-activitists jerks ... er ... people over there. So any time I defended myself, or Emily's viewpoint, I felt like I was literally attacked by a whole hoard of other people.

Not to mention that, yes, there is a LOT of DB love going on. That's hilarious (in a sad way), Rebecca, that you had a DB fan come onto a TJ thread to say that DB is sexier. Pfft. That's ridiculous. It's like the whole Jack/Angela and B/B thing. I won't get into it here, because I'll be ranting for days on end, but ... it's like people can't accept that there can be more than ONE of something. More than one viewpiont, more than one sexy star, more than one couple. When Jack/Angela first began, and I showed my love, I had a lot of hardcore B/B fans telling me that "B/B have WAY more chemistry than Jack/Angela", and they were "better". Why can't it be both ways?

Anyway ... maybe if I have the time (and the desire, gotta work up that desire) to make my way to the Boneyard, I'll go and post some nice things about TJ. TPTB really need to understand that DB is not the only star on this show, and it seems the fans need to be the ones to point this out.

Aaaaanyway ... I realize now this is the Halloween episode/costume thread, so I'll end my ranting here... :)
word count: 302
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM BONES

Post by skftex »

Hallow'en 2010!
Found this today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwJ4XhaG ... e=youtu.be

Sharon
word count: 17
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM BONES

Post by TJ4ever »

Really cool! :twisted:
Thanks, Sharon, for posting it!
word count: 7
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Funny, and reeeeeeeeally GROSS. Thanks, Sharon! :mrgreen:
word count: 6

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

:D thanks, Sharon..
word count: 2

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Hallowe'en comes round again!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Happy All Hallows Eve 2011. Bones is a great flag bearer for Hallowe'en celebrations. As the start of this thread petered out in discussion of the Fox Boneyard forum, I'm going to ask the questions again:

1) What do you, personally, do to celebrate Hallowe'en (if anything)?
2) What would be your ideal costume for a Hallowe'en party?
3) (the original theme of this thread) What costume would you like Hodgins to wear for a Hallowe'en party?
4) Which is your favourite Bones Hallowe'en/fear/supernatural type episode?

For me:
1) The usual: dress up scarily and flood the neighbourhood kids with E-numbers. We have also done apple bobbing from time to time but I now leave that to the boys as I am hopeless at it!
2) I wanna be a vampire. A sexy and sultry vampire..
3) Pirate, Definitely pirate. Very dashing and hopefully a little bit of torso on show.
4) Mummy in the maze.. It confronts fear head-on and I like that.

What about you?
word count: 177
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Hallowe'en comes round again!

Post by skftex »

1. I don't do anything to celebrate Halloween. When I was a kid we used to dress up (usually in our father's army uniforms or as ghosts-we didn't have bought costumes) and go out to get candy. This year I'm going to school, and have class until 7 pm that night.
2. Ideal costume, a t-shirt that says this is my costume? LOL I'm really not a dress up kind of person. How boring of me, I know!
3. Ah a Hodgins costume, I think it'd be much more imaginative than a ship captain. The Phantom would be cool though...yeah...something like that! Or just something totally different that most people wouldn't think of, something bug or slime related. LOL
4. Well, since I can't think of any other Halloween episodes, The Mummy in the Maze is good. :D
word count: 149
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

1. I don't get trick or treaters in my neighborhood, so when I had a job, I would always volunteer to work (so I'd have some place to show off my costume :icon-mrgreen: ), and I'd decorate the office & bring in food for everyone. The past few years, I just go hang out at my dad's house & watch him hand out candy.

2. Ideal costume? No idea. I like all kinds of costumes. I was 9 or 10 years old when I started making my own Halloween costumes (I hated those plastic things my mom would always buy). Some of the most recent costumes I've made have included: Dark version of Codex from The Guild (for a convention), Voodoo Priestess, Jeffersonian Squint, Vampire Hunter, Wicked Fairy, Member of Stargate SG-1, Elf, Witch (for Harry Potter release party), Wood Sprite, & Jedi (for opening of one of the new movies). I haven't decided what to wear yet this year. I know, I'm running out of time, but at least I have plenty of old costumes I can fall back on if I don't decide in time. :roll:

3. I don't know... for some reason, I think it'd be funny if he dressed up as an 80's rocker like Billy Idol. :P

4. "Mummy in the Maze" is the only truly "Halloween" one I think they've done; that was the only year they even ran BONES eps in the latter half of October. If you wanna look at all eps, though, I also like "Headless Witch in the Woods." It has a nice creepy vibe to it (and some good early H&A moments, too).

:occasion-happyhalloween:
word count: 281
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

1. In Switzerland we don't really celebrate Halloween except for a small number of kids who started with the trick or treating over the last couple of years. The only time I ever really celebrated a traditional Halloween was during my 3 Month stay in Los Angeles.

2. The school I was visiting in L.A. was throwing a Halloween Party. Since my friend and I didn't have that much money for costumes, she went as Jack Bauer from 24 and I went as Dr. Jack Hodgins :) . All I had as costume, was a self-made Jeffersonian access badge plus a plastic femur bone.

3. I think Hodgins should dress up as a :happy-cheerleaderkid: or :angelic-sunshine: or as a :occasion-clown: . :wink:

4. Mummy in the Maze is the only episode I can think of too.
word count: 133

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

1) What do you, personally, do to celebrate Hallowe'en (if anything)? Halloween is my favorite! Love it, love it. It's fun for all ages and doesn't have the stress of Christmas. I've almost always dressed up and had pretty great costumes when I was little. My kids and I go a friends' neighborhood that is kind of like Tennessee's version of Wisteria Lane. Tons of house participate and people serve chili and hot chocolate and even wine off their front porches. This year my son wants to be John Cena (a WWE wrestler) and my other wants to be Scooby-Doo again. I will probably be Velma--I'm stuck with my nerdy glasses so it works well. (I found everything for this at Goodwill for $10) We'll also be carving pumpkins, baking cookies and watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown over the next few days.

2) What would be your ideal costume for a Hallowe'en party? I really want to find a guy who will go dressed as He-Man so I can go as She-Ra...or Han Solo and Leia, you get the idea.

3) (the topic of the original thread) What costume would you like Hodgins to wear for a Hallowe'en party?
Uh.. how about this? :wink: http://www.buycostumes.com/Spartan-Warr ... etail.aspx
:D

4) Which is your favourite Bones Hallowe'en episode? Isn't the Mummy one the only Halloween episode? Squinty Booth and Wonder Woman were hysterical.

:occasion-happyhalloween:
word count: 253
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

So I am back home, yes! Halloween stuff was in the stores, I was hoping to go to an old fashioned party, you know the deal! Bobbing for apples, creepy pass the parcel, fruit punch and generally catching up with friends in cool costumes (why can't this be everyday?)
:happy-wavemulticolor:
I would possibally dress up as a superhero or supervillian
word count: 60

skftex
TJ Team Validator

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FLESH & BONES 2013

Post by skftex »

HALLOWE'EN 2013!
Okay, first off, don't watch it if you don't want to see spoilers. But lots of Hodgins going on here so thought I'd put it in the Bones section rather than the spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIImcUQKF0&sns=tw
word count: 48

ettaarg
Fan

Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN FLESH & BONES 2013

Post by ettaarg »

this video was so cool, im so excited like i always love bones like omggg this show gets better and better
word count: 21

ettaarg
Fan

Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN FLESH & BONES 2013

Post by ettaarg »

this show... gets better everytime i see it... it's just so gross and awesome
word count: 15