Bones 9.07 The nazi on the honeymoon

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
omelette73
Super Fan

Bones 9.07 The nazi on the honeymoon

Post by omelette73 »

I liked the case, if I don’t think about what I didn't like about the episode, the case is the thing I appreciated the most in it, after Angela and Hodgins scenes. 
Bones, ones again, it’s very up-to-date with reality, not even three days ago a Nazi treasure was found in Monaco and here we have our heroes dealing with a murder related to a Nazi treasure found during their honeymoon.

But let’s talk about the things I didn’t like:
- As usual US series have this tendency to think that what is outside US is sort of a village. The way Buenos Aires was portrayed was quite disturbing, and full of stereotypes. Buenos Aires is a modern and vibrant city, not this thing you showed us.

- I do realize that there are lots of fans asking nonstop for a sex scenes between B&B (scenes that we are not going to see anytime soon, stop asking please!), but this continuous “we’ve been enjoying sex very much,” is becoming more annoying than not too see B&B having sex at all!

- I’m curious to know what kind of natural law made Christine bigger than Michael. I mean, if the twins couldn’t work in this episode - because clearly the child wasn’t the little actress we are use to know - why even bother to put her on it? If the circumstances prevented to see Christine in the wedding episode - which was more significant than this one - why use a different baby now? It’s not like I was dying to see Angela and Hodgins (who I love by the way) struggling to babysit a baby who is not B&B daughter! LOL

- I didn’t like the fact that authors didn't use all this talking about have a second baby between Angela and Hodgins to face the problem of having a blind baby. I mean, this problem - at the time - was faced it with such sensibility. Why ignoring it now? Sloppy writing there dude.

Let’s face it, it wasn’t the best Bones episode!
word count: 354

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 9.07 The nazi on the honeymoon

Post by stargazer »

I completely agree with you on this one Teresa. I caught myself slightly distracted while watching this episode. It didn't really keep me interested. And for once, my hubby actually watched it with me! He predicted pretty much from the beginning who the killer was, and he turned out to be right, so now he thinks that the show is too predictable even though he's hardly seen any other episodes. Men....smh. LOL!

Anyway, the same thing crossed my mind about a future Hodgins baby having the same chances of being blind as baby Michael Vincent did, and the show not even addressing that concern. Maybe they didn't want to rehash what happened in The Blackout in the Blizzard, but I agree that it should've been mentioned. Although, if the writers decide to go along with the story of another baby for Angela and Hodgins then I'll be happy to have more TJ time in the future episodes. :D

Oh, and the age difference of the kids bothered me too. I know that it's hard casting babies, but I would think that they could at least try to consider the timeline of the show when trying to find kids for those roles.
word count: 207
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I was pretty bored with this one. I didn't even get to interested in the Hodgins/Angela scenes.

Teresa, I have to tell you, that it isn't just places outside the US that tv shows treat that way, because I can guarantee you anytime they show anything outside of their LA mentality, it is always some kind of crazy stereotype (and Texas definitely gets that treatment from TV). It still bothers me that they think you can see Mexico from Roswell NM (from the episode where they are outside of Roswell) and that they can drive from the panhandle of Texas to Fort Worth and back in 2 hours (don't remember the name of that one either, but both were definitely poor representations of the places they pretended to be set). After all, all they had to do to research that was look at a map!!!

word count: 149
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Well well well...
Hem... Errrr... Ok...
What else could I say? hahaha
It's been the most boring episode ever!!!
Easy case, no surprise in who the killer was.
And well for the rest I don't see what to say. It was all so boring...

No more episode like this please!!!!

Véro
word count: 54
The waffle conspiracy...