Bones 9.12 The Ghost in the Killer

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
omelette73
Super Fan

Bones 9.12 The Ghost in the Killer

Post by omelette73 »

Oh my ... can i squeal a little (OK, I mean, A LOT?), this episode was so Hodgins centric!
I loved every piece of it, even when i didn't like something! LOL

Regardless of my penchant for TJ, I honestly think that when he gets more screen time, the episode it's just better. Finally, we had the opportunity to take a new peek in what had been his world and we had the opportunity to talk about his lost fortune, even though his reaction to the loss was slightly unrealistic, but I'm mostly talking about the way it was written, not played.
I mean, you lose a fortune and you're so serene about it? really?
Even if it's true that Hodgins had always shown a certain amount of detachment towards that side of his life, still ... he was a rich kid, born rich, how can be possible that you don't miss a few things that for you were absolutely normal as breathing? I know he loves Angela and their baby, but it's not the point. Losing so much, have to have some impact in your life.
But, of course, if someone could have make Hodgins's feeling believable it's TJ ... so we see this person with his unshakable confidence toward his instinct and people. And I like this confidence when it comes to prove his theories, or his sweetness when it come to support Brennan - he is, de facto, one of the first people to show his support to Brennan when he decided to find some possible weapons for the ghost serial killer - .
I loved his unwavering faith and the way he defends the truth, even against someone who - in fact - he didn't even like, as his old friend.

If it wasn't clear I liked the episode, I liked what Booth says to Brennan on "do it how you do it," and the interaction between Clark and Brennan too.
I mean, I know it wasn't perfect, but I surely wasn't disappointed. :)
word count: 342

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 9.12 The Ghost in the Killer

Post by skftex »

Well not surprisingly, I liked this one. I'll start with the non-Hodgins stuff. I did find it interesting that as much as they know about Brennan that they'd doubt her about anything as far as the ghost killer is concerned. I know she hasn't found any connections yet, but they should trust her more than they did. I realize they connected it with Pelant to make it seem shady but still, this is BRENNAN. That said, I did really like the scene between Brennan and Clark. Brennan was a bit awkward, which she always has been in situations like that, and Clark, the guy who tries so hard not to bring personal things in but was upset and confused why he'd do that. I like that it fit in with the things we know about these characters.

The scene with Clark in the shower and Cam walking in was funny. What do you think he did about all the soap on his head? He looked like he was just going to get dressed with it on there...

Okay, Hodgins. Teresa, I do understand what you are saying about Hodgins being calm about the money, but it didn't really bother me that much, PROBABLY because of the way it was played. I liked that they did at least mention his loss of money, and that he missed the house in Wales. But that guy on the couch talking to Sweets seemed an awful lot like TJ, as did the guy that went to the man he didn't like and was kind to him. Every once in a while I see TJ, and not Hodgins, and I haven't decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing. LOL

I absolutely LOVED when Hodgins was talking about his girlfriends! Required to sail and date a girl named Muffy. BAHAHAHAHAHA Then he dumped her for...was it Biffy? Then the later scene where Angela mentions BIffy, and Hodgins response was sooooooooooo great. So much Hodgins is always a plus to me.

The only thing I didn't like was how it ended. I realize this Ghost Killer thing is their new arc but I really wish we'd at least been given a little bit more closure as far as Hodgins one time friend was concerned, though maybe the plus in that is we'll get to see him more as they try to figure this all out. :D :D

Overall though, very enjoyable for me!
word count: 420
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

omelette73
Super Fan

Re: Bones 9.12 The Ghost in the Killer

Post by omelette73 »

skftex wrote:But that guy on the couch talking to Sweets seemed an awful lot like TJ, as did the guy that went to the man he didn't like and was kind to him. Every once in a while I see TJ, and not Hodgins, and I haven't decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing. LOL
I couldn't agree more, now that you said it out loud (metaphorically speaking), I can see it's pretty much the same for me.
Sometimes I do see TJ in what Hodgins says and that's why it doesn't bother me that much (someone - in the Italian Forum where we comment the episodes - pointed out that I often write TJ instead of Hodgins when commenting an episode, which I don't do with other characters! :icon-razz:) and that's probably why I find what he says believable, but if I focus on the storyline, I do see the flaw.
But this is have nothing to do with TJ, just with the writing room, I guess.
word count: 178

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 9.12 The Gost in the Killer

Post by stargazer »

I really enjoyed this one, not only for the very Hodgins centered storyline but also for the way almost the whole team tried to impart on Brennan her own work ethic of trusting only from facts and evidence. The exception being Hodgins when he helped her by trying to identify the weapon used by the ghost killer. It was very sweet and very much like Hodgins to believe her and try to help if he could. Although, I thought it was a little harsh that Booth told Brennan that she was being a little crazy and obsessed about her ghost killer theory. Even though she was personally affected by Pelant, I think that he should still trust her enough to at least consider that she might be right.

The shower scene between Clark and Cam was very funny and it gave me flashbacks to Season 1 when Hodgins used the same shower. Haha! :) I also wondered about the soap in Clark's hair. I kept waiting for Cam to tell him to rinse off and get back to work, but she never mentions the soap.

I've always liked when they have serial killers on Bones and I'm especially looking forward to this one since she seems to be related to Hodgins' family/past in some way. I can't wait to see what they have in store for him in future episodes! :D I also loved getting that little glimpse into Hodgins' past about his boating experience and ex-girlfriends. It was nice to hear him talk about how close he was with his parents as a child. As far as the case goes, I have a feeling that the sister had something to do with her brother's death, but I may be wrong. She didn't seem very upset that her brother supposedly shot himself.
word count: 308
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell