Bones 9.14 The Master in the Slop

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 9.14 The Master in the Slop

Post by stargazer »

While this wasn't the worst Bones episode, I wasn't thrilled with this one. I didn't like that Brennan wasn't happy for Cam when she got awarded the Outstanding Woman in Science Award instead of Brennan. I had hoped that she would have grown more in her relationships with other people to truly be happy and less self-centered when something good happens to them. Also, I thought it was reaching a bit when Sweets decided who the killer was based solely on how he played chess. Although Sweets ended up being correct, it still seemed too far-fetched to me.

The one thing I liked and what made me laugh was when Hodgins' slop sorter experiment backfired and sprayed pig slop and body parts all over Dr. Filmore. Yuck! HAHAHA!
word count: 134
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Re: Bones 9.14 The Master in the Slop

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Okay, so Brennan's attitude actually turned a Canadian into a no-so-nice person. Haha. While that was funny, this is one of the things that bugs me about her character. Over the years she has definitely grown, but then they throw in moments that seem more like S1/2 Brennan (like not inviting the interns to the wedding, etc)

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. Yay for Angela and Cam getting some recognition and I like how that turned out in the end. I would like to see the calendar when it's done, just saying.

I'm guessing that Sharon didn't see much of the episode since it was Sweets centric ;) but I liked how he basically solved it the case. I have never played chess and have zero knowledge of how it relates to anything so I don't know if it was accurate or not. I was a little surprised when Sweets pulled out the cuffs (and was like go, man!)--I sometimes forget he has that kind of authority.

I also thought the actor playing the killer did a great job at being a sociopath. I really wasn't sure until the end if he actually did it or if the Mom did and he was protecting her.
word count: 214
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 9.14 The Master in the Slop

Post by skftex »

AngMT wrote:I'm guessing that Sharon didn't see much of the episode since it was Sweets centric ;) but I liked how he basically solved it the case. .
Actually I watched the whole thing. Surprise Angela!! ;) I didn't like the episode much though but this time it wasn't because of Sweets at all. Just for the most part it was kind of dull, but also because there were things that confused me. I do sometimes fast forward through Sweets but it is usually only in connection with Daisy that I get so annoyed that I can't watch.

First of all, first they call Cam and tell her she is the getting the Leading Woman in Science award, and then Cam tells them that she wants Angela and Brennan too. That I get. What I don't get was it BEFORE or AFTER Cam wanted them to get it too that they decided to do the calendar? Because when Cam was originally offered it, it didn't seem like she was told about it! Maybe after they offered it they suddenly realized they were short on funds? So being short on funds means you have to be tacky? And do all of these women they are going to have on this calendar have bodies like Cam, Angela, and Brennan? (which if it weren't a fictional thing I'd get into a lot about how they chose their women LOL).

Second, WHY all of a sudden is Booth worried about Sweets being in the interrogation room? Haven't we been seeing Sweets do interrogations for about 3 years now off and on? Did someone finally smack Booth upside his head and tell him HE "is a trained interrogator" while Sweets is "a psychologist"? I hate it when they do that on TV shows, it is like they have absolutely no idea what has happened in the last 8 years!

I was okay with Sweets and the whole chess thing. Honestly it made NO sense for the guy to not sacrifice his queen if it meant his next move would be checkmate. Not that I'm good at chess, but I can play it and I can tell you that while you do try to keep your Queen as long as possible, if you are so good you can see the board and moves so far in advance, which any master chess player can, you'd give the Queen for a checkmate. An Li cracked me up. Though I'm not sure why Sweets had such a hard time understanding her name and not calling her Annie. LOL

I decided the son was the murderer as soon as I saw him, something about the way he acted with the mother. It was creepy and I thought he wouldn't like his mother having a boyfriend.

word count: 477
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro