Bones 10.04 The Geek in the Gunk

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 10.04 The Geek in the Gunk

Post by skftex »

So for the most part this one was okay, pretty much a stand alone episode without all the other drama in it, other than Christine's schooling. People that like seeing the kids should be happy, they got to see both Christine and Michael Vincent in this one, even if it was just a short time for Michael Vincent. Boy, kids sure do age fast in TV land! HAHA

There was some funny stuff in it though.

I haven't made my mind up about Aubrey yet, he annoyed me in the first episodes, but this one I actually liked when he geeked out when they went to the gaming company and he was taking pictures with some of the stuff there, and getting excited about the filming of the game movements. So maybe, just maybe, I'll stop calling him Sweets -2.0. HAHAHA

I loved the Booth line when talking to the "Minotaur", "Okay Mr. Lite Brite, relax", hopefully that is correct, I didn't go back and check it, but the "Mr. Lite Brite" was so funny!! Also when Booth called him a Manataur. :laughing-rolling:

A Hodgins experiment! Yay!!! With Warren. That is her name right? But the human slingshot, awesome!!! "Sweet wife, please let a man have his toys." :romance-smileyheart: :romance-smileyheart:

Plus the truly Hodgins quote at the end in the scene with Warren where she is sad because her cooperative (NOT A COMMUNE ;) ) was breaking up.
Warren: "Without change there is no life." (something like that, Hodgins words were more important to me HAHA)
Hodgins: "Right but sometimes change can be painful, and we can hate it. Like the transient receptor potential in Drosophila melanogaster." :icon-lol: :clap: :crying-pink:

Yes Hodgins, I'm sure it just JUST like that! In case anyone is wondering and didn't look it up, the Drosophila melanogaster is a type of fly and the transient receptor potential has something to do with their vision, but the explanation of it was sooooooooooo way over my head, I have no idea how that applies to how change is hard. But Hodgins said so, therefore, it does. ;-) :D :D :D
word count: 348
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 10.4 The Geek in the Gunk

Post by ThyneAlone »

This is going to be brief because I didn’t take notes this week and am recalling the shape of the story rather than the details. Another absolutely horrible dead person, and the whole ep seemed to be about control, be it of oneself (like Jessica Warren’s) or of other people (the manipulations by the victim of his colleagues and friends; Brennan’s desire for almost OCD control over Christine’s education). Fortunately this all seemed to be relaxed at the end, with Bones offering some control to Booth, Jessica breaking down in a suitably healthy manner (I really liked that Hodgins took time to talk and show empathy with the way she was feeling. Though I’m not going to repeat that bizarre quote about change!), and the best friend actually winning his Chloe/Alice in a scenario of mind exploding unlikeliness.

My favourite scene by far was Hodgins’ human slingshot and the huge fun everyone got out of it, even Cam (“sweet wife, please let a man have his toys”). However I was very taken with the Christine scenes too. I’m not usually keen on TV kids, but not only were we shown the ladies of the lab in a different, maternal light, but they have found a kid who is cute without being precociously and self-consciously Shirley Temple-ish. Love that she is able to respond to her mother’s strange way of communicating!

I’d like to register here and now that I don’t like Jessica: she's annoying, and it’s not just because of her tedious repetition of the word ‘cooperative’. She’s a bit of a knowall and a bit too glib and knowing. I particularly don’t like that she went home with Angela and Hodgins, as it’s quite obvious that she likes him. Is she going to be a Daisy mark 2?

word count: 316
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 10.04 The Geek in the Gunk

Post by cutenebula »

Mmmm there are things I like and dislike about this episode...

First, I really like how Aubrey enjoyed so much at the gaming company ^_^ Like Sharon, I really liked him geeking about almost everything :-)

Another Hodgins experiment!!! Yay!!! We miss this!!! :D There should be more of these really ^_^

Now the things that annoyed me...
All the story about finding a school... I'm not a fan of this kind of moments. Even if I can understand why it is so important considering it's for Bones's daughter, it still annoyed me...

I definitely don't like Jessica. What an annoying person!!! Sooo boring... I don't fing any interest with this character. I've tried, but no. Really her story about this cooperative was so useless... Even the way she acts is boring.

Ps: Still in french dubbing... I need to watch it in original version, because french voices are annoying!!!

Véro :happy-smileyflower:

PPs: next week 2 other episodes ;-)
word count: 160
The waffle conspiracy...