Angela

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
livydean
Fan

Angela

Post by livydean »

Hey, people

I was just thinking...tragic things have happened to each of the characters EXCEPT for Angela. What I mean is Brennan and Hodgins were buried alive, Booth was kidnapped twice, Cam almost died, I don't even need to mention Zack and I don't know about Sweets...what has happened to Angela? I think that the writers need to spend some more time on her...she hasn't had anything really bad happen to her nor has she changed much. Any thoughts?
word count: 85

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Angela

Post by skftex »

I don't think its necessary for every character to have something tragic happen to them. There are people who go through life without ever getting kidnapped or have a family member die (of course we all have family members die but some make it to old age before it ever happens), or whatever. Anyway, I just don't think that not having anything happen to Angela is a bad thing. :)
word count: 71
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Honestly, I think that losing the relationship she had with Hodgins was pretty bad. That may not be anything like being kidnapped or anything. But I think that losing one of the only people you've ever loved is pretty traumatic.
Though I also don't think that a character necessarily needs something traumatic to happen to them for the writers to care...
If they didn't care about Angela, she wouldn't be so important in the show, to Brennan, to Hodgins, etc.
I think Angela's character is fine.
Though I do agree. I don't think she has changed much in the 5 seasons this show has been going... And I think that character development is something important.
Maybe we will see something new with her as time goes on.
:D
word count: 133
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

kayleigh_marie wrote:Honestly, I think that losing the relationship she had with Hodgins was pretty bad. That may not be anything like being kidnapped or anything. But I think that losing one of the only people you've ever loved is pretty traumatic.
...Though I do agree. I don't think she has changed much in the 5 seasons this show has been going... And I think that character development is something important.
:D
Lots of wisdom and interest in what everything you are all saying. I don't think Angela needs something actually dangerous to happen to her. As Kayleigh muses, the loss of someone you've loved is devastating, and can I point out that it's not just Jack she has lost? In S1 the only guy with whom she had a regular relationship was killed and ended up a skull in the desert!!! I mean, that is life-changing, I would think. That would have made her even more wary of commitment...

On the other hand, I see what livydean means; the drastic things that have happened to the others have developed them and taught us more about them as characters. We crave, well I crave, to know more about Angela and what has made her the person she is. Not a near-death experience, perhaps, but one of those life events that makes you change your point of view or moves you forward. Angela seems to have had a lot of her epiphanies before we met her - and the crumbs of information about those make it frustrating not to know more.

Ooh-touch of synchronicity - interview on http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Bones
With Michaela saying exactly the same thing - that she hasn't changed much since S1, just 'redirected'!
word count: 296
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I actually kinda like the fact that Angela hasn't changed very much. I love her character as it is, & the only problems I have with her are actions that have occurred fairly recently & that have seemed either out of character, or just too sudden & random - the ridiculous break-up with Hodgins, & the hookup with Wendell.
word count: 56
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

ThyneAlone wrote:Lots of wisdom and interest in what everything you are all saying. I don't think Angela needs something actually dangerous to happen to her. As Kayleigh muses, the loss of someone you've loved is devastating, and can I point out that it's not just Jack she has lost? In S1 the only guy with whom she had a regular relationship was killed and ended up a skull in the desert!!! I mean, that is life-changing, I would think. That would have made her even more wary of commitment...
And Roxie. I forgot about her, too.
Shows how much I pay attention to her :?
Haha.
but, yeah. I do agree. Death is more traumatic than just losing love... Though I think that people having to see eachother daily after a terrible breakup has to be trying.

And I love her "regular" relationship. Being that like once a year(?) they go hook up? Anyway. Haha.
I do agree, and I see where livydean is coming from, just adding my opinion :)
word count: 174
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.