BB moms

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
pib
Fan

BB moms

Post by pib »

What if Bones' and Booth's moms are still alive and hiding out somewhere together? I can't recall the episode names where Bones' and Booth's moms were best friends when they where young. My thought is: what if Booth's dad hates anthropology, because Bones' mom had gotten offered a job in anthropology and turned it down for Booth's dad? Maybe both dads took both of their moms and kept them somewhere.
word count: 75

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: b&b moms

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hiya pib! Good to see you here, do consider coming to the Welcome forum and introducing yourself to all the mad people!

Interesting to see some new possibilities mooted in the BB relationship. I do think it was pretty conclusive at the end of S1 when Brennan's mother's body was formally identified, but nevertheless - you can never tell what the writers are going to throw at us (there are a few family anomalies already of course)....

My main family interest for this season has always been Hodgins' people. Of all the squints' mysterious families, his has been the least observed. I really, seriously, want to know why he has appeared so estranged from the remainder of his family and why the close ones are no longer in evidence even though he is fairly young. How has he managed to keep his lab involvement secret from his extended family? Yes, it would be nice to hear a few more details on the BB relationships; but there is a lot more to be done on Jack, Angela and Zach. Hence my extreme annoyance that this series has been cut off by the writers' strike. Really interested in how the next few eps are going to work out!
word count: 207
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

willowwood
Fan

Re: b&b moms

Post by willowwood »

Personally I crave to know more about both Hodgins’ and Angela's pasts. Hodgins especially, I want to see his house, I want to know about his parents, his family, is role as the boss of the Cantilever Group, how he started working at the Jeffersonian in the first place. I mean there are numerous fics out there that have all tackled it in one way or another and some of them are really done superbly (just go and check out Lostakasha's (late_heart) ficathon entry over at Bugs_n_Slime...hell go and read mine!), and whilst I do adore reading those (and writing them), I want to know what the writers think has made Hodgins into the man we know him as today, I want to know where his anger comes from? Where his passion comes from, I want to know everything I possible can. The same goes for Angela I know over time we're slowly being given little titbits here and there about her past, but I'd love to know more about her relationship with her father, about her mother and her as a young woman, after all what made her get a job at the Jeffersonian? How did she meet Brennan?

I understand that Brennan is viewed at the main protagonist of the show (even thought the show is called 'Bones' and not 'Brennan'), but all of this work on her back story with her parents and her brother is just getting old....Or is it me? Are my views on the continuous Brennan-family story line so fiercely affected by the fact that both Hodgins and Angela are my fave characters of the series? Hmmm *scratches head*....It is wrong to want my favourite characters to be more fleshed out?
word count: 298
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)