S3 Sweets Talk

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: S3 Sweets Talk

Post by begolden »

Eileen! I've soooooo missed you! (Eileen was my first friend in TJ fandom on TV.com, and so will always have a special place in my heart :D ) I figured Sweets would bother you for the same reasons he bothers me--mostly because of time spent away from our Squints. Anyway, I hope you continue to find time to visit us here and share your wonderful insights. Miss chatting with you!
word count: 71
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hello, Eileen!! It's really nice to see you back around the fandom. We've all missed you!!

I agree with what you've said about Sweets, too. As a recurring character I might just find him annoying, as I do with Max, but now that he's in every single episode (or near about), he's just become annoying. He definitely takes scenes away from our Squints, and diminishes any storylines they may have had, too.

I do usually have a hard time getting used to any new character on a show, and Cam was one of those cases. I became a viewer early in S2, so Cam was already around, but I didn't care for her much. That slowly changed, though, and now I can't imagine the lab without Cam! The same can't be said for Sweets, however, and I find that the more he's around, the more annoying he becomes!
word count: 157
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Am I a terrible person for wishing that Cam would have hauled off and punched Sweets at the end of tonight's episode? :D

I mean, everyone was grieving and feeling confused and frustrated and he was not very sympathetic, sitting there talking psych-speak instead of allowing them to talk and process in their own ways. I just wanted him to shut his yap for a bit instead of analyzing everything to death.
word count: 73

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh! I would have liked that too. It was way too soon for him to start analyzing their reactions, without giving them a chance to digest it.

I reallllllllllly wanted Booth to lock him up as well. I thought maybe if he did that he'd be out of the way for awhile. ;)

I admit I was one that had a hard time with Cam-and I came into the show in Season 3. But I've come to accept why they put her in there so don't mind her at all. Wonder if that'll ever happen with Sweets? I doubt it because while I always understood why Cam was there, I still don't see what Sweets brings to the show that the others hadn't already supplied.

Sharon
word count: 132
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I admit I was one that had a hard time with Cam-and I came into the show in Season 3. But I've come to accept why they put her in there so don't mind her at all. Wonder if that'll ever happen with Sweets? I doubt it because while I always understood why Cam was there, I still don't see what Sweets brings to the show that the others hadn't already supplied.
Agree. Cam replaced Goodman (for better or worse, but I like Cam an think it's great that we have three strong female characters). Sweets is apparently replacing someone as well (don't want to spoil for those who haven't watched yet), although I don't think it's a fair trade at all, and I'm really p.o.ed abut this one....
word count: 143
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich