The Jack And Angela Relationship

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi saburcat!
The sides are indeed bits of script, they are pages from which the subsidiary characters play their parts, for instance you might get a couple of pages for a suspect who's being interviewed or whatever. Obviously main character conversations intrude on these too, so they can be quite informative and even help you put the storyline together (if you want to!). We read them at the address below (which begolden has posted at the start of the spoiler thread anyway), part of the LiveJournal community, but I'm not sure how they get hold of them!

http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/

Your skunk sounds cool and really cute. I didn't know they could be de-scented!

PS I do read the ends of books first (you should have seen me in the shop on Saturday with the new Harry Potter) and so rarely go for mysteries or detective stories! I just don't have the patience. The friends I have on the tv.com Bones site will know that I have always claimed I can't write fan fiction and that is one of the reasons why - I write a beginning and an ending and then can't be bothered with the middle! With a book, once I have satisfied myself as to the ending, I go back and enjoy it for the characters, which are the main point and investment of my reading or viewing, rather than plotline.
One of the reasons why the J/A romance feels rushed in S2 is because they skipped an ep which they felt might distress in the week of the Vtech tragedy(the plot was focused on a college). It moved things on a bit and contained a proposal - quite an important thing to omit! Latest is that they are going to rework it and put it into S3. Let's hope they don't just dump the parts they can't use. At least get them onto a DVD at some stage!
word count: 336

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote: One of the reasons why the J/A romance feels rushed in S2 is because they skipped an ep which they felt might distress in the week of the Vtech tragedy(the plot was focused on a college). It moved things on a bit and contained a proposal - quite an important thing to omit! Latest is that they are going to rework it and put it into S3. Let's hope they don't just dump the parts they can't use. At least get them onto a DVD at some stage!
I suppose Jack's first proposal that we never saw can't be considered a spoiler at this point, can it? At any rate, they will either have to use the scene as a flashback, or omit it entirely when they rework "Player Under Pressure." What I'm already missing are the other scenes that must have been filmed for the episode that show us Jack transitioning from wanting to live with Angela, to wanting to marry her. That critical realization for Jack seems important, and you're right, Steph--skipping this episode really made the whole marriage thing seem rushed (not counting Angela's part in rushing it!).
word count: 203
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

saburcat wrote: It happens too much in TV, the writers' pick a storyline and beat it to death. But at the same time, I know they have to keep any romance between Bones and Booth under wraps because they are the main set. As long as they twiddle along with their barely repressed sexual tension, everyone else can go be hanged.
LOL! Booth and Brennan are indeed "twiddling" along, which is why I'm thankful--so very thankful--that Jack and Angela are together, however rushed it may have been. But it's true, they could have used a little twiddling themselves in order to get more mileage out of their early courtship.
word count: 113

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

ThyneAlone:
PS I do read the ends of books first (you should have seen me in the shop on Saturday with the new Harry Potter)
AAHH! As long as you didn't tell anyone else the ending, then it's OK. It is hard, sometimes, to not skip ahead...

And thanks for the info on "sides."

That makes sense too about the missing episode from S2 (see, I'm already learning the lingo). I'm bummed because there is no "Bones" episode on tonight. Guess I'll have to wear out the S1 DVD some more.

Weez
word count: 97
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Hello saburcat that sounds like fun a pet skunk.I take it he/she is a house pet?And yes you would need to get the scent problem sorted first :D .

I sometimes think I should not read the sides but am hooked,although my blood pressure goes through the roof.Will have to remember which thread I am on,don't want to incur wrath.I read very quickly and can scan fast so ignore B and B and look for J/A .I do try and resist but I am weak so weak and there IS an awful fascination in looking------
word count: 102

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:I read very quickly and can scan fast so ignore B and B and look for J/A .I do try and resist but I am weak so weak and there IS an awful fascination in looking------
Ah yes, spoilers... I feel that I must know what good things are coming up in an episode, and then I have something to dwell on, imagine, and look forward to. I also want to know if something not-so-good is going to happen, so I can come to terms with it before seeing it on screen. And then there's the unusual torture of knowing about some great scenes that were filmed for an episode--but will be absent from the reworked version (Player Under Pressure). I think I'll start a rant about that on another thread, where where we can all voice our displeasure at being denied some wonderful TJ and Michaela moments!
word count: 158

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Yes I agree.I did ponder for a while but I gave in to my baser tendencies.If Steph is a spoiler whore,can I be slightly bad and work my way up? :o

I was so glad I knew what was coming re.the non-wedding as it would have been a terrible shock and very disappointing without a warning.Still made me sad,but I was at least expecting the nonsense.!!!

Will you stop R.with the threads,I am typing for ages as it is LOL.

Hope you had a good time in York Steph,I love that city.And I am a teddy collector by the way--------
word count: 110

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

I sometimes think I should not read the sides but am hooked,although my blood pressure goes through the roof.Will have to remember which thread I am on,don't want to incur wrath.I read very quickly and can scan fast so ignore B and B and look for J/A .I do try and resist but I am weak so weak and there IS an awful fascination in looking------
I am weak too, and I know once I start I'll be hooked. I can probably resist now because I know the outlines of S2, and there is no immediate episode of S3 looming. I'm afraid once the season starts, however, and I've caught up, I might be diddling a little more in spoilers and sides and whatnot.

Yes, the skunk is a housepet. Sleeps wrapped around my neck, actually.

I am a little bummed I know that the last episode is a non-wedding, since they didn't really give that part away where I read the synopsis. But, I'm not totally crushed that I know either, so I guess I won't be crushed to find things out early in S3 either. I just hope it's on a day/time that isn't already taken with classes or other shows.

Weez

PS... How in all that is smart and holy do I get the D@mn "Quote" thing to say "Whomever wrote:" first? I just spent ten minutes trying on here. AGH!
word count: 251

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

saburcat wrote:
Yes, the skunk is a housepet. Sleeps wrapped around my neck, actually.

Weez

PS... How in all that is smart and holy do I get the D@mn "Quote" thing to say "Whomever wrote:" first? I just spent ten minutes trying on here. AGH!
Awwww, sounds sweet--just like a cat (although I am a dog person myself). Did you need a special permit in order to keep a skunk?

When you are responding, you click the little "quote" box that is above the person's post. If you are cutting out any parts of the quote, just make sure you leave the beginning and end tags that say "quote" and the person's user name. And then you can highlight their text and choose a brighter font colour, like yellow, from the tool bar above. Hope this helps!
word count: 141

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Hi Saburcat I see you have had problems with the Quote thing too.On tv.com the first time I tried I managed to post a reply and it wasn't from me but the person I was answering!!In fact I haven't tried since then,must be brave and try it.

Has your pet a name? I knew someone who had a ferret and she was adorabe-ferret I mean,although the human was sweet too. :lol:

Which part of PA are you in?Don't answer if you are concerned about security.

Do you have a favourite episode or J/A scene?
word count: 104

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Do you have a favourite episode or J/A scene?
Victoria, that's a great idea for a new topic thread! I'm going to suggest you initiate it, since I've done a bunch already. I'll bet we could keep that one going for quite some time!
word count: 53

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Rebecca well I certainly didn't expect that response lol.I assume it would be the new topic button on screen? I haven't done anything like that before.Let me think about my favourites and I will give it a try.Just be a little patient ok?
word count: 48

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Rebecca well I certainly didn't expect that response lol.I assume it would be the new topic button on screen? I haven't done anything like that before.Let me think about my favourites and I will give it a try.Just be a little patient ok?
Well done, Vic!
word count: 55

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Well am I pleased with myself or what?Had expected it to be more complicated than it was.Thanks for the concern R.but my hands are getting better;I tend to type in little chunks as it were.Now Madam as you asked me to help out how about posting on my thread hmm?Only fair I think LOL
word count: 60

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

Trying 'quote' thing again, so bear with me...
Has your pet a name? I knew someone who had a ferret and she was adorabe-ferret I mean,although the human was sweet too.

My skunk's name is Bou (the girl I adopted him from had named him, but I've had him since he was about six months old). Then I have four cats - Siamese Charla and M'Ling and 'normal' cats Roxie and Murphy.

I'm in South Central PA, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, the state capital.

Duh, forgot to finish the post...But, I think I see where I'm messing up with the 'quote' thing and will try again next time to get it right.

I did post about my fave scenes on the other thread. Great idea for that!

Weez
word count: 152

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Hello there me again.We are following each other :lol:

I was in PA about 20years ago,visiting friends that's why I asked your location.

I have 2 dogs (lurcher sisters)Martha and Madelaine,plus Pansy the cat.

Thank you for posting on my thread. I only asked you a question and look where it led LOL.Will read your post when I finish this.

Actually I thought you handled the quote thingy well,looked fine to me.I only did it once and caused chaos-snigger.

Have you seen our J/A threads on TV.com?
word count: 97

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

saburcat wrote:Trying 'quote' thing again, so bear with me...
Has your pet a name? I knew someone who had a ferret and she was adorabe-ferret I mean,although the human was sweet too.

My skunk's name is Bou (the girl I adopted him from had named him, but I've had him since he was about six months old). Then I have four cats - Siamese Charla and M'Ling and 'normal' cats Roxie and Murphy.

I'm in South Central PA, about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, the state capital.

Duh, forgot to finish the post...But, I think I see where I'm messing up with the 'quote' thing and will try again next time to get it right.

I did post about my fave scenes on the other thread. Great idea for that!

Weez
Yah! More cat people!! I'm all for dogs, too, and I'm really not biased on animals at all. But right now I've got cats in my life, so cats are what I love most. I love how you refer to your non siamese cats as 'normal' ones! :) Are the siamese a little bit wacko?

I have one siamese, too, her name's Finnegan. She's turning 7 this month, but she still acts like a little kitten. My other cat is 'normal', too ... Gracie Lou. Well, as normal as a nearly earless cat can be!

I'm going over to post my faves on Victoria's thread, too...
word count: 265

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Never had much luck with cats... The last cat I had died from eating a diseased bird, and the one before that got hit by a neighbor's car. I wonder if TJ is a pet person? Probably as an actor in a TV series he wouldn't have much time for a pet. Of course, that makes me wonder also if Michaela ever got that puppy she was looking for in the Infanity special?
word count: 75

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:Never had much luck with cats... The last cat I had died from eating a diseased bird, and the one before that got hit by a neighbor's car. I wonder if TJ is a pet person? Probably as an actor in a TV series he wouldn't have much time for a pet. Of course, that makes me wonder also if Michaela ever got that puppy she was looking for in the Infanity special?
I always wondered that, too! I even wrote in to Ausiello, who does the spoilers for the TV Guide channel, but haven't heard anything. I'd love to be at a panel of some sort, where I could ask Michaela herself! That puppy sure was cute .... especially with the lab coat and gloves ;)
word count: 131

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Morning Girls.Sorry to hear about your sad experiences with felines R.that can be so painful.

I have always liked both species and they have co-existed happily.

Yes Siamese are indeed a breed apart lol.I have owned both pedigree and non-pedigree cats or as we call them over here-moggies

word count: 54