The ghost of Teddy Parker.

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Ellen
Super Fan

The ghost of Teddy Parker.

Post by Ellen »

(I hope I got the man's name right!)
I wanted to bring this up: Brennan told Booth that she was worried about him as he had seen that hockey player, the ghost of an old friend and of course Stewie.

Of course the other two were right to be cause for concern, but I'm a little confused;Brennan saw parker's ghost too, she just didn't know it was a ghost was all. I'm not annoyed by this, I actually loved the fact that she saw him too (I thought it told us that Booth wasn't crazy!)

Has there been an explaination as to why Brennan saw the ghost too? By the writers or something, I mean. I'm a little puzzled. Like I say, I'm not annoyed, just a little confused.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else pondered this?
word count: 146
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: The ghost of Teddy Parker.

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Some people believe that Bones saw a different soldier altogether, but that Booth saw the person she was talking to as Parker. It's not an entirely satisfactory explanation, but it's the best I've seen out there as to why we might have seen her conversing with an hallucinated spirit.
word count: 52
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

It's just a theory I've seen out there, for those that wonder why Bones might have seen him if it was supposedly all in Booth's head. According to this theory, it was just a random soldier who spoke to Bones as he walked by, but Booth imagined that it was Parker.
word count: 54
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

How strange...Maybe, if that was what they were going for, they should have showed the soldier earlier, perhaps so that Booth could have seen him, and been reminded of Parker. Then I think it would have made more sense for him to mistake that particular soldier for Parker.
word count: 49
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well,I think the point was a more dramatic effect on the finale scene.I don't know how the writers thought it,but I don't think it's a detail that will be explained anyway...
word count: 37
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I always wished they had explained this, just like I wish we had seen what Brennan's parents had given her when she finally decided to open her Christmas presents at the end of 'The Man in the Fallout Shelter' (I think!).
word count: 42
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.