Bones 5.01 The Harbingers in the Fountain

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 5.01 The Harbingers in the Fountain

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Yayyy!!!!!! Bones is back. I really liked this episode, more of the whole cast in it, Patricia Belcher (who is fab) and Cyndi Lauper (just really cool).

I liked the quirky feel to this one, a bit like old times.

I like the twist about Booth's feelings and I think he came across as quite vunerable in this one and thoughtful/caring too, welcome back the real Booth.

I loved Hodgins hugging Brennan and his enthusiasm about the team working a crime together again.

I got goosebumps during the scene where Avalon talked to Brennan about the fact she is scared of lfe.

The case was a bit flimsy again but I just really liked the whole feel of the episode, role on next week.

Off to the pub in a bit, catch you later

Jude x
word count: 140

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 5.1 The Harbinger in the Fountain

Post by ThyneAlone »

In again first, Jude! :)
Well do you know, this was kind of gentle and funny and sweet. I liked it. Fairy cakes rather than a filling meal, perhaps, but when I'm in the mood spun sugar works!

OK it wasn't exactly subtle all the time, with the psychic (nicely done, Cyndi)continually telling the alpha pair that they cared about one another. But on the other hand, as should be the case at the start of a season, there was that nice touch of reassurance and familiarity. Hodgins was king of the lab and the wonderful Caroline was back. Cam and Booth went out for a drink and were the exes that really get on - I always thought they had a great relationship. She actually wheedled out of him that he loved Brennan. That's quite a deep dig! There were no interns, so we could concentrate on the return of the core characters. Brennan was showing considerable emotional vulnerability in spite of her traditional scepticism of anything unscientific. Angela looked beautiful and had a nice, easy line in banter with Jack again.

The plot was a little bit feather-light, as you say, Jude, but on the whole handled more delicately than I have seen for a long time. Fingers crossed that when the arcs get meatier we don't end up with sledgehammer material.
word count: 228
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

Hey everyone!

I loved the first episode! I agree with Jude:
Jude40 wrote:I liked the quirky feel to this one, a bit like old times.
Loved it!

I think they started it off right with nothing too big, just the group and a case. I thought Cyndi did a good job very believable.

I LOVED TJ's scenes, he did such a good job. Jack as a whole was amazing too, hugging Bones at the beginning as well as figuring out how the other 11 died. Just felt like we were back and the show was up and running!

I loved the scene when Cyndi told Booth to go get Bones because she was in trouble. Also Booth holding Bones after she was hurt. Such fondness, very cute.

I loved having Caroline back for an episode, I really like her. She seems to work very well with Booth's character, I always get a kick when their together.

I love the twist in Booth from the past season. He has more of a warmth I felt. I also liked his sessions with Sweets, I felt like they never really had that kind of relationship. It's funny that it took brain sugury to allow Booth to open up. Though I like that sweets has more of a useful place, i really enjoy his character.

Looking forward to more episodes!
word count: 230

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hmm maybe it was because I was watching it while trying to do homework and study for a test but I thought it was just okay. I did see all the TJ scenes though. ;) I do have it on DVR so maybe if I have a chance I'll watch it again when I can (overloaded with homework and tests coming up).

Sharon
word count: 63
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I liked it a lot. It was a little B&B heavy & the case suffered for that (why was the one person speared instead of just poisoned?), but it was very sweet & moving. I squealed, I "awww"ed, I even teared up a bit. Booth called Bones "baby!" How awesome is that?! :)

TJ was great, as usual. The enthusiastic hug was so cute, as was his excitement about a new case, & the adorable disbelieving smile when Ange said that no one else cared about "King of the Lab." I care! We even got a good conspiracy moment. He obviously had no problem slipping back into his character. I'm just so happy that my Hodgins is back!
word count: 117
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Bones 5.01 The Harbingers in the Fountain

Post by TJ4ever »

I was hoping to see how Booth got his memory back. But maybe it was to complicated and time-consuming to tell. Otherwise, nice ep. Just watched it, because my season 5 DVD's arrived finally.
word count: 36
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.