Bones 5.08 The Foot in the Foreclosure

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 5.08 The Foot in the Foreclosure

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

OMG this was definitely a box of kleenex epi, the most affecting one I've seen in a long while. The down side was it was still very B&B centric, although seeing Clark open up was brill, the scene with Cam when he said he was doing what he was doing for his grandad was just one that had me on the verge of tears.

DB was just amazing in this one, this is the Booth that I love. Believe me I get that it can be difficult when someone is elderly although my dad is mostly fine considering he's 88 (touch wood). The most affecting scene was with his grandad after the fire when his grandad was blaming the cooker, my heart just ached for both of them and I had to keep reminding myself that it's only a show.

I like the way Brennan connected with Hank without compromising her personality and talking about Hank I have to say that Ralph Waite was just amazing he totally stole the show. His performance totally encapsulated how growing old can be scary 'cos it seems like everything is changing but, on the other hand, in some ways nothing changes.

I know this one concentrated on the whole B&B love thing again but it was just so sweet and subtle that I didn't mind and it fitted well with the whole theme. I just wanted to give the murderer a hug, I know he killed two people, but I just felt for him so much.

Finally, I loved the very end where Booth said to Brennan that he loved the 'thing' around her neck, that is such a typical man compliment.

I loved this episode mainly 'cos it just gave me a nice warm feeling, the story was good, and the acting was really good, major goosebumps.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 318

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 5.08 The Foot in the Foreclosure

Post by hanneDK »

OMG this must be my first "thoughts" about an epi.. a bit nervous actually so bear with me.. :-) new at this.. LOL

I actually tried not to read Jude40's post earlier today so that I could have a clear mind of this week epi.. but at the end I couldn't resist the tempation but having read it it didn't ruin it for.. not at all..

Enjoyed the epi a lot actually especially the interactions between Booth and his "pops" (have never seen this actor before but I thought he did a wonderful portrait of his grandfather - couldn't imagine anyone else in that role). Felt like that they both were very protective of eachother.
Must say well played by DB and Ralph Waite.

l liked him from the moment he stepped into the cafe.. and the nickname he has for Booth - shrimp.. cute :-) also how he reacted when he first met Bones (from what I could tell Booth had already spoken about her) and that he called Sweets a baby.. LOL

On the B&B "relationship" I felt they once again tried to push it on but this time in a more subtle way. They made it work with the story. Know that the murder had killed the two lovers but you knew his pain.. It was sad..

As for Clark.. never thought that we would see him like that.. to open up and give something of himselves, express his opinion that is not critizing of their interactions.. :o

Think our guy had a bit more screen time than last week.. It's always a thrill to see a lot of TJ - loved his reaction when Clark finally upen up..
I think I speak for all of us when I say that we want more of TJ - a story line of him and his past eventhough we have seen a small fracture (The man in the mansion).

Well it's way too late for me now.. it's bedtime have to get up early - a lot of work to be done at the office.. Might post a few more comments but I have to see the epi again and I will be back - have planned some thoughts for a previous epi.

Untill next time..
word count: 376

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: Bones 5.08 The Foot in the Foreclosure

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I liked this ep, as well. I didn't leave it going "Oh my god, I loved it," but it was definitely good.

Mostly reposted from my post at the BY (I'm so lazy. lol):

I loved the scene at the dance club when Booth & Bones are watching Hank. So cute to see the two of them taking care of him together. It was like he was their kid. "Aww, come on, honey, let him play a little longer; he's having fun."

The scene where Hank spoke about what happened when Booth was a kid was very moving. It was so sad to see the way he seemed to be losing his faculties. It was obviously so difficult for him, but it was sweet that he recognized that he had to go back & let Booth off the hook.

I liked the ending. Hopefully his advice to the two of them will make a difference soon. I'm hoping that Booth's compliment at the end was the beginning of him actively pursuing her.

The case was fairly interesting... nicely unique remains & an introduction to an unusual subculture.

I also enjoyed seeing Clark's walls come down a little.

Why, oh why, do we have to wait 2 weeks for the next ep? :( <sigh>
word count: 215
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke