Bones 5.10 The Goop On The Girl

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 5.10 The Goop On The Girl

Post by hanneDK »

Wow.. the first one to post my thoughts on this week epi.. let me just say that this will be edited.. Need to see it again.. it's going to be very rough.

I liked this epi - although it's not my favorite Christmas episode - let's just agree that S1's is the best..

Zooey's character didn't annoy me as I thought it would.. it was like to see another version of Bones.. one that is more obssed with qoutes than facts.

I must say that the scene between B&B was the best.. the way she removed his clothes and his reaction to it.. you could see the love he has for her in his facial expression. Love the reaction from both of them when Cam came bursting in.. priceless... ;-)

Case story didn't do that much to me except in the end which brought tears to my eyes..
How the ex soldier felt that it was his fault of the victim's death eventhough he couldn't have known that the his broadcast frequense could have such an effect.

One thing I really liked was to see that TJ got a lot of screen time today..and that he did one of this experiments - sort of did.

This is it for now.. will be back later this week after I see the epi again..
word count: 229

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 5.10 The Goop On The Girl

Post by Jude40 »

Hi everyone

Ok I've only seen it once but I absolutely loved this, it was just so full of love, angst, humour and obviously a bit of festive schmaltz (hey you gotta have a bit of schmaltz at this time of year).

I did have tears in my eyes a lot, that poor, poor man, this has gotta be one of the most disturbing storylines ever (I know its not real but just the thought of someone luring someone into a trap, strapping them into a bomb and threatening to blow them up if they didn't do as asked is actually very scary).

The scene with B&B in the car talking about the funeral gave me goosebumps, Emily was really good and as for the funeral itself I came over all emotional again.

I liked the humour with Brennan stripping Booth, I have to admit the humour wasn't the only thing I liked about that bit!

I have no idea why really but I loved the scene with Angela putting the face together, it was just really tranquil and kinda cool giving someone their identity back, cool music track too.

Zooey's character didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would from the trailers, she was actually very like Bones in a lot of ways and I think her smile at the end was just really sweet. The reference to the fact that they could be sisters was obviously amusing but to be honest they dont look alike at all, I saw their mother on House a few weeks back and Zooey is the absolute image of her whereas I think Emily is like her father.

This epi had the usual Christmas messages of peace and love but that is exactly what we all need more of when you see whats going on in the world around us.

I'm definitely gonna watch this again, probably several times so I may be back to make more comments, but for now gotta say just brill.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 346

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I loved this ep.

Hodgins & his infectious enthusiasm again. I love when he gets all excited about the geeky stuff. *sigh* So cute. And he built a bomb on himself! Crazy squint. :)

Who TALKS in emoticons?! lol. Puke. :P

I loved Booth & Bones both reacting to the undressing! Booth having to recite the saints to keep himself distracted was brilliant! :D This is the kind of reaction we failed to get in the tie-removal scene in the "Tough Man in the Tender Chicken."

"Where's your chest hair?" HAH! I actually prefer less chest hair on a guy. I still may not find Booth attractive, but I can admit that his chest & abs are pretty nice.

"He's very hard to resist."

I got a little bored through some of the casework, but I LOVED the human conections... with the mother, the victim, Cam, Bones, & even the pirate radio activist. Definitely a tear-jerker. And it was great how the whole team showed up to the funeral, re-connecting with the knowledge that each of these corpses was a real human worthy of respect & consideration.

I like how even Margaret knows what's going on between B&B. It seems like even B&B are fully aware, but just don't quite know how to make the next steps. They're hesitant, trying to work out how they get from where they are to where they're hoping to end up. I liked the moment of silence. It's a good symbol of the sort of compromise they'll need when building a life together despite their disparate beliefs.

I found Margaret annoying at first, but obviously the constant quoting is her own defense mechanism, & she & Bones had a good interaction there at the end.

I, too, liked the scene where Angela builds the face (it was very like when we see Brennan communing with the bones), although we know she can just scan the head in & use the computer to build the face. I wonder what determines whether she draws the face, sculpts it, or computer-generates it...

Very good episode overall.
word count: 352
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

As an aside, or addition, I just wanted to ask, has anyone else noticed TJ's hair getting longer again? It's not nearly as long as 1st & 2nd season, but still, I noticed in this last ep that he definitely had a lot of the curls back. Me likey the curls. :D
word count: 52
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke