Christmas episodes

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!

My favourite Bones Christmas episode is..?

The Man In The Fallout Shelter
88%
The Santa In The Slush
No votes
The Goop On The Girl
13%

Total votes: 8

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Christmas episodes

Post by ThyneAlone »

'Tis the season...so which one of the Christmas eps do you like best?
Tell us...and say why!
word count: 19
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Christmas episodes

Post by Jude40 »

Hi All

I can't believe that I didn't vote for Man in the Fallout Shelter but I have just watched The Goop on the Girl again and I just think there is more story to it and its disturbing but uplifting at the same time. This is the first epi for ages thats up there vying for top spot with me I really did think it was brilliant. I have to say that I think Man in the Fallout Shelter will still be my fave comfort episode though for when I'm ill or p***ed off.

Anyway, catch you later

Jude x
word count: 105

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I didn't vote, because I'm not sure which is my favorite. I'm torn between "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" & "The Goop on the Girl."

"The Man in the Fallout Shelter" has always been one of my favorite episodes. Since they were locked into the lab, we got to focus almost exclusively on the BONES family without the usual game of rotating suspects & who-dun-it. We learned about all of our main characters, their families, their beliefs... & they got to learn about & bond with each other. And, of course, it was nicely emotional & affective as Brennan dealt with the victim's fiancee at the end & then confronted her own emotional demons associated with the holiday.

While I liked "Santa in the Slush" & especially that one mistletoe-bedecked scene, it didn't really seem to have quite the same depth as the other two.

"The Goop on the Girl" is definitely up there with the first, though. There was great humor in the "evidence" scene, but there was also a lot of emotional undercurrent. The episode was wonderfully evocative in the end. I felt for the characters, for the victim, the victim's mother, Cam, Brennan, the pirate radio guy. I thought the episode did a great job of showcasing the spirit of the season & its emphasis on family, togetherness, love, hope, peace & redemption, & like in the "Fallout" ep, it seemed that they tried to spread the focus around to all the main characters.

So, for now, I'm torn. I'll have to give it time & then see if one stands out more in retrospect.
word count: 269
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

I voted for MITFS.. still my favorite Christmas epi.. ;-)

My reason for it because they all are locked in the lab and the focus is on the characters - we get to know them on a more personal level.. we find out that Booth has a kid and why Bones reacts the way she does.
It's just those small things that does it for me..

And you all know which other thing that makes this my fav epi - to see Hodgins just wearing a towel - still wet! :D :shock:

*hugs*
Hanne
word count: 89

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

OK, I've submitted my vote. After having seen the newest ep a couple of times, I've decided that "Fallout Shelter" is still the one I'd prefer to watch. The latest episode has some really great stuff at parts, but "Fallout" had yummy goodness throughout. I don't think there was a single scene in that first holiday ep that didn't have something funny, interesting, or moving.
word count: 70
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

I'm going to say, The Man in the Fallout Shelter. I love it. And not only because of TJ in a towel. :hand: ( :drool: ) It was just so good, start to finish.

But I also liked Santa in the Slush a lot, too. I liked that one because Hodgins and Angela were together and happy and the scene where Angela asks him about making home-made ornaments for the tree .. she's holding a little reindeer pencil .. and it's so cute. And he says, "Do two people make a family?" And she says, "Isn't that how every family starts?" I love that. :romance-wub: *sigh*
word count: 104
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.