Bones 5.12 - The Proof in the Pudding

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Bones 5.12 - The Proof in the Pudding

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Sadly, I'm starting this because I feel the need to vent, but I'll get to that in time.

There was so much good in this episode. I was on the edge of my seat half the time. The excitement & nervous energy of the characters was so contagious that I was almost vibrating with tension myself. This will possibly rank as one of my favorite episodes of all time. Hodgins was, of course, right in his element, dropped smack dab in the middle of a conspiracy of unknown proportions. Each of the characters got to play to their strengths & they all pulled it off brilliantly. Sweets analyzed the situation & used psychology to sow dissent, Hodgins' conspiracy research paid off, Cam supported the team & harrassed the bad guys with style, Booth kicked butt, & Brennan used her dizzying intellect to disarm the enemy & comfort Booth. Angela didn't seem to do as much for the main plotline, but she was dealing with her own B-story & she seems to be coming to some realizations that will be good for her & possibly the Hodgins/Angela 'ship.

Speaking of the 'ships, this was a great shipper episode for both our main couples. There seemed to be a lot more emotional subtext with B&B this week, & seeing Brennan willing to stretch the truth for the sake of Booth's well-being was very sweet & endearing. (On a side note, I love how the show always leaves questions unanswered when it comes to things like the supernatural or conspiracies. Did Booth see a ghost or was it caused by drugs & trauma? Are psychics real or is it all cold-reading & guesswork? Was it JFK's skeleton or some sort of test? There's always enough evidence to support the different viewpoints & it's left up to the audience to decide for themselves what to believe.) It was cute seeing our two couples walk off arm in arm at the end (I'd love to see them go on a double-date), & the confessions that were made between Hodgins & Angela, namely that Hodgins is still in love with her & that Angela knows Wendell isn't the right guy, bring us that much closer to a possible do-over for the H/A relationship. However.....

:( I hate having to do this, but it's like a burr in my side that's been irritating me since I saw it. Sadly, the scene where Hodgins says he'll marry Angela made me like him less. It's just weird that he would propose to someone that dumped him, is currently in a relationship with his close friend, & is apparently pregnant with his friend's child. It's a little awkward & sad. In a way, I think it's kinda pathetic that he's basically saying he's so in love with her that he'd settle for being with someone that maybe doesn't really love him but just needs his support. Also, I'm a little angry that he would suggest Angela leave her current boyfriend & father of her child just because he'd be a better provider. If she really had been pregnant & agreed to go back with him, you'd always wonder if she was with him because she really loved him, or just because she needed the money or was afraid of raising a child on her own. It's a terrible situation & I'm so glad that the test turned out to be a false positive. I really wish Hodgins would have gone about it a little differently. In my opinion the scene would have played better if he'd just said that he loved her & would always be there for her no matter what she decided to do - whether she stayed with Wendell or tried to do it on her own. Maybe he could have even made a joke about being the baby's "crazy Uncle Jack." But saying "Since you're knocked up & desperate, why don't you get back together with me?" just doesn't seem like the best way to continue a relationship.

I'd really like Angela to pursue him for once. When she was talking about how Wendell wasn't the right guy, I sooo wanted her to say to Jack that HE was the right one. I hope she says it in the future. I want her to confess that she loves him & he's the one she wants to be with forever. I just don't want Hodgins to turn into a doormat, letting his heart get stepped on again & again.

Anywho, I'm sorry I had to vent, but that one scene was, to me, an obvious blight in an otherwise stellar episode. Please don't hate me too much.
word count: 797
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Akarana
Super Fan

Re: Bones 5.12 - The Proof in the Pudding

Post by Akarana »

jade.stormcloud wrote:
:( I hate having to do this, but it's like a burr in my side that's been irritating me since I saw it. Sadly, the scene where Hodgins says he'll marry Angela made me like him less. It's just weird that he would propose to someone that dumped him, is currently in a relationship with his close friend, & is apparently pregnant with his friend's child. It's a little awkward & sad. In a way, I think it's kinda pathetic that he's basically saying he's so in love with her that he'd settle for being with someone that maybe doesn't really love him but just needs his support. Also, I'm a little angry that he would suggest Angela leave her current boyfriend & father of her child just because he'd be a better provider. If she really had been pregnant & agreed to go back with him, you'd always wonder if she was with him because she really loved him, or just because she needed the money or was afraid of raising a child on her own. It's a terrible situation & I'm so glad that the test turned out to be a false positive. I really wish Hodgins would have gone about it a little differently. In my opinion the scene would have played better if he'd just said that he loved her & would always be there for her no matter what she decided to do - whether she stayed with Wendell or tried to do it on her own. Maybe he could have even made a joke about being the baby's "crazy Uncle Jack." But saying "Since you're knocked up & desperate, why don't you get back together with me?" just doesn't seem like the best way to continue a relationship.

I'd really like Angela to pursue him for once. When she was talking about how Wendell wasn't the right guy, I sooo wanted her to say to Jack that HE was the right one. I hope she says it in the future. I want her to confess that she loves him & he's the one she wants to be with forever. I just don't want Hodgins to turn into a doormat, letting his heart get stepped on again & again.

Anywho, I'm sorry I had to vent, but that one scene was, to me, an obvious blight in an otherwise stellar episode. Please don't hate me too much.

Oh my god! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Finally, someone agrees with me!
This thing has been bugging me and it's what I was trying to say with my post last week already.
My biggest problem with Angela and Hodgins is that he is crazy in love with her and makes it clear so many times, while she just lets him do all that and doesn't react. Sometimes even takes advantage of it. I don't mean to talk Angela down, mainly because it is NOT her fault that he does all this, but sometimes, for the sake of Hodgins sanity I wish she would just tell him "I'm sorry, Jack, but I never really loved you and we won't get back together."
I don't even know if that it's true, but all I see is that he is getting hurt and he is getting desperate and I don't want to see him that way.

When he held his "Marry me and move in with me" speech today I was literally cringing and hoped that he would add a "if you still love me, too". I find myself not respecting Hodgins anymore, because it really is pathetic. Does he really think he could be happy again being with a woman who doesn't love him, or at least doesn't love him as much as he loves her?
I don't know if I imagined it but to me he looked disappointed when she told him she isn't pregnant and again the wish to grab him by the shoulders and shake him overcame me and I am not a violent person.

I know I am not known to be a Hodgins/Angela shipper, because I truly believe he and Cam would be much more fun to watch, but I could live with Angela-Hodgins getting back together if it was an even relationship. You're right, she should have to pursue him for once, show him that she loves him. (I think I mentioned that already in my post last week, so sorry if I'm repeating myself) Only that thought that we will get to see the same relationship again that they had once, where he basically begs her to move in and then begs her to marry him and then forgives her for forgetting having another husband, who she kisses on the lips.... ok, you know the story... I don't want to see that again. But then again, if he really is such a "weenie" (to say it with Cam's words) then maybe he doesn't deserve anything else.

I like him though and I don't want him to settle for anything less... at least not for a woman who can't show him that she loves him (if she does).
Last edited by Akarana on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 896
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

This episode also had me at the edge of my seat for the fair majority of it.
However, I thought that Hodgins grabbing at straws here, basically re-proposing to Angela, mainly to provide for her, was in one way very sweet, but in another very desperate. We all can basically FEEL how much Hodgins loves Angela, and although he says he is 'fine,' don't believe it.
If it's possible to actually be worried about a fictional character(as I find myself being worried for them very often), then I'm worried about Hodgins in the worst way. His love for Angela, and her apparent disregard for it, seems to be bringing him down.
I think it was less visible in this episode, seeing as how he was basically swimming in a conspiracy theory. And seeing him nearly explode while he was telling Bones and Cam made me want to explode as well.
I also have to say that I don't think there is going to be any obstacle that would keep Seeley from coming to make sure he can do anything and everything to make Brennan safe and/or comfortable. He loves her more than he knows, or cares to admit, and I think this episode was a definite stepping stone, in my mind.
And I am awestruck at Brennan's ability to stretch the truth just so Seeley can justify/feel right about what he has done for his country.
God, every time he gets emotional, I get emotional. Haha.
Anyhow. It was nice to see Cam and Sweets contribute a large amount in the episode, Cam with her authoritative (forgive me, this word seemed the best) bitchiness, and Sweets 'sewing the seeds of discord' or whatever he said. haha. I have a soft spot for Sweets.
Okay, wrapping up now. This episode was one of my all-time favorites, and I do hope that the Hodgela romance comes back, but I'd LOVE to see Ange come back to Jack for once.
And I'm still hopelessly, helplessly waiting for B&B.
I can hope right?
word count: 352
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

kayleigh_marie wrote: If it's possible to actually be worried about a fictional character(as I find myself being worried for them very often), then I'm worried about Hodgins in the worst way. His love for Angela, and her apparent disregard for it, seems to be bringing him down.
Your post makes me wonder what could happen if this whole thing gets him down even more, makes him even more desperate. What would/could happen? The "suck it up" thing doesn't seem to work for him, mainly because he can't stay away and sets himself up for heartbreak again and again. But how far could it go? Would he yell? Throw things? Hurt her? Hurt himself? Try jumping of a bridge? Drown his sorrows one too many times? What happens when he cracks? Mmh... :?:
word count: 138
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi everyone

Firstly I'd like to say that this is gonna be a very positive review as I loved this one.

One very slight criticism, I know Brennan is not meant to be very aware pop culturewise but there is absolutely no way that anyone could not be aware of Michael Jackson unless they'd been living on another planet for the last thirty years (hey maybe she is an alien!). Maybe she was winding Booth up not sure I mean she did seem to smile when he left.

I did like the fact that the Michael Jackson reference gave us the chance to see Booth's impression loved it.

I think the male characters definitley won out in this one. I actually liked Hodgins throughout, I get what everyone said about him getting walked on but he is just the type of person that is very caring like in 'The Man in the Mansion' with his ex. He wears his heart on his sleeve and if he loves someone then that's it no matter what. Its actually quite refreshing and is the one thing that he definitely has in common with Booth who would pretty much do anything for Brennan. Actually when Jack and Angela split it was all kinda weird but I didnt get the impression that anyone was the one doing the dumping I reckon they just split because they didn't feel they trusted each other. I don't think he was trying to split Angela and Wendell up anyway, she said that Wendell wasn't 'the guy' and I think he was trying to say that he knew she was gonna try and do the right thing by Wendell and that he would be there for her and the baby. I actually don't think that Jack and Angela ever fell out of love I just think that Angela believes in the fairytale so she's cautious in case it turns out to be a nightmare instead, plus she is never ever gonna be conventional and predictable and that's a lot of the reason why Jack is attracted to her.

Anyway on to the other men, I liked Sweets again in this his character seems to be getting much stronger and he seems to be gaining more respect from everyone now especially Booth

Talking of Booth, in this epi he was the Booth I really love, funny, thoughtful, reliable and kick ass. I loved when he shot the door out then was wrestled to the floor (btw how big were those guys I mean DB isn't small and they made him look like a schoolboy!). I also loved it when he handcuffed all the secret service guys cool but with humour. That brings me on to Hacker; how funny was he in this epi I was in hysterics when he marched in with all the FBI guys just a little too late.

I liked the continuing development of the B&B relationship in this, I love Brennan when she goes with her heart and does things for Booth, she smiles and I swear it makes her look ten years younger.

I'm torn with Angela and Hodgins 'cos at the end the chemistry was really good between them but I still like the chemistry between Jack and Cam and Tamara Taylor is excellent so I'd love her to have more major storylines.

Anyway they are my thoughts on this one definitely a 9.5 (hey there's always room for improvement I'm hoping for an epi where one of 'The Chippendales' gets murdered and Hodgins and Booth go undercover to investigate).

Seriously I cant wait to get to see Andy Fleuger in no. 100 and I have to admit I'm really liking S5 altogether (plus it sounds like season end is gonna be really good this time)

Don't wanna wish my life away though so just roll on next epi for now.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 670

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I've suffered to see this. Every time I've accessed it somewhere online, something has gone wrong with the buffering; consequently I've been devouring it in bitesize pieces. Far from ideal. So I can't say much really because I haven't formed a full impression. However, 2 feelings remain with me:
1) Because of that very ambivalence that Jade likes so much I felt somehow dissatisfied and lacking closure. I do realise that it was the Point that the bald truths were not revealed in this one, but my strange brain likes the closure in its fiction that it doesn't get from real life's vagaries. It was great to see Brennan so socially and emotionally developed she was prepared to compromise; but I still want me some absolute truth! Part of it is that, as I told Sharon earlier, I don't entirely 'get' the US reaction to JFK's tragic assassination, much as I respect it. So maybe Booth's feelings have more resonance for other people?
2) Angela and Jack. Yes, I too wish he wouldn't keep laying himself open to emotional abuse; but this was not the self-abasement I had been expecting from the comments. I'd rather she wasn't so much in control of everything he does even now, and I don't like the total lack of interest in Wendell's feelings and rights that resonated through the conversation, but in the end he did come over as wanting to help rather than offering himself as a replacement. He wasn't this open about his feelings in S1. This is something that Angela has done for him - and it's good to see it's still part of him.
word count: 292
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Okay, my thoughts! I did really like this episode, and the thing that Steph said about no closure didn't bother me at all because I felt like they did resolve the whole thing, that the tv screen at the end was the resolution, the exhumation was denied "in respect for the family" when we know that it was because they don't want the truth out there. (not being a conspiracy theorist I'm speaking in relation to the show only, I don't believe there was a conspiracy in the real JFK assassination LOL)

I really liked the scene where Hodgins is trying to tell Cam and Brennan about the pink fiber and who he thinks the body is, and I loved the "vibrating" comment because he really was vibrating! GREAT JOB.

Like Steph, I wasn't bothered by the scene where Hodgins offers to be the one to take care of Angela and the baby. Not from a Hodgins aspect anyway, as I agree with Steph that it is so much who he is, and he is just that sort of character that is so sympathetic, that it seemed right. I'll get to what did bother me about it later when I get to what I didn't like about the episode. I do have to say, that at the time of this particular scene I was still in GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH mode thinking they were really going to have Angela be pregnant! So maybe that also colored my thinking about Hodgins. I DO want Hodgins to stop running after Angela, not because I don't want them together, but because I think ANGELA needs to want it as much as Hodgins does. But all of that is something several of us have been saying for awhile, that they shouldn't get back together unless it means Angela is the one doing the chasing for awhile!

I also loved that Brennan wasn't so caught up in finding out the truth, something that in previous seasons was more important to her than anything else. It shows so much growth on the characters part I think that she was willing to NOT pursue the truth so much, even though she knew perfectly well that it could have been JFK, she didn't want Booth to be hurt that way. I'm not one who cares whether Booth and Brennan get together, just for the sake of getting together, but I do like it when they do things that make sense and show that the characters have changed during the time they've been working together and show that connection. I also liked that Cam was the one that really understood about the killing that Booth had done and how he'd connect it to having to be able to trust the government.

Okay, things that bothered me. First the finding of the pregnancy test in a restroom only Cam, Brennan, Angela and Michelle use. So, Daisy never uses this restroom? She's an intern so not worthy of using that one or what??? Seriously, I imagine that she'd use that same one wouldn't you? Not mentioning her because that character wasn't part of the story was just too glaring for me, like they can just leave out people and hope we forget about them just because they aren't around for THAT episode. Its done way too much anyway with the rotating interns and I know I've said it before, but the continuity just suffers so much because of it. Its like they think the audience will not think of those characters because that particular intern isn't in that particular episode.

Next, I have a problem with Angela and "the wrong time and the wrong guy". If she already feels that way about Wendell, why is she still with him? That is really really not fair to Wendell. And I have never been fond of Wendell but other than thinking he's not a very good friend to Hodgins, he doesn't deserve to be treated that way just because Angela needs a sex partner. Which leads to another problem I had, with both Hodgins AND Angela, and the conversation about Hodgins wanting to step up and be "the guy". Both of them had already decided what Wendell would do, without even giving Wendell a chance to decide for himself. I know Angela wasn't really pregnant but if she had been, Wendell still had responsibilities toward that child whether Hodgins or Angela wanted him to or not. AND he certainly should have a chance to step up and do the right thing, something neither of them seemed to think he would do. Yet they both think he's a great guy? Apparently NOT.

And I'm done. As I said, I did like it, just few things bothered me but not enough to make it a bad episode. :)

Sharon

PS. Just noticed the length of this, Sherry are you proud? And I'm STILL waiting for those comments...wonder what that word count is up to by now?? ;)
word count: 855
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

For some reason guys (and girls!) I do believe that they have something on their mind about Hodgins and Angela, thats why they keep dissapointing us a bit, they have put Hodgins and Angela on hold, they present Angela having affair with Wendell so we will think that she is over Hodgins, but all those are "smelly" stuff, like they trying to make us believe that they are over as a couple and they will never be back, and then BOOM! in one episode we will see them together in love, I mean thats what writers do! come on haven't you seen it other tv shows too? for example Alias (one of my favourites) they where kept the main characters apart most of the time and boom they ended up together! thats what I think BONES writers are trying to do here, to confuse us so when the BIG reunion happen, we will be like >>> :o
word count: 156

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

When I heard of the test, I hoped it would turn out to be Daisy's, so I was waiting to see if she was there, or mentioned to have been there. But, as for why Cam didn't consider her one of the suspects, I'm thinking it's because she wasn't interning there that day. I'm sure the janitors empty out the trash daily, so a fresh test would point only to the ones that had been in the lab, & possibly in that bathroom, that day: thus, Brennan, Cam, Angela, & Michelle (who, it was mentioned, had stopped by earlier). If Daisy wasn't working there that day, there's no reason for Cam to think it might be hers.
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 123
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

They didn't mention a day, Cam said they are the only ones to use that bathroom. She didn't say TODAY. They just didn't mention Daisy for the same reason they ignore whole story lines from episode to episode, different intern that episode (or in this case NO intern).
word count: 51
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Akarana wrote:
Your post makes me wonder what could happen if this whole thing gets him down even more, makes him even more desperate. What would/could happen? The "suck it up" thing doesn't seem to work for him, mainly because he can't stay away and sets himself up for heartbreak again and again. But how far could it go? Would he yell? Throw things? Hurt her? Hurt himself? Try jumping of a bridge? Drown his sorrows one too many times? What happens when he cracks? Mmh... :?:
Oh, dear :| now I'm freaking. What if he does something like that?
I get you on the not sucking it up thing. He's definitely a very emotional man.
I'm worried that he'll become obsessed :shock:
When I get to thinking about possibilities, a whole mess of stuff comes to mind, and I don't feel like writing it all, it could take days. Haha.
I'm still just hoping Ange and Jack get back together, forget this whole Angela/Wendell nonsense.

And, yeah, I got a huge kick out of Booths' MJ impression. It was amazing. :D
word count: 188
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hmm was reading through this thread again, and have to say, my last post seems sort of hostile :o and I certainly didn't mean for it to be. Of course, I suppose those things that you said. jade, are possible, but if it is what they meant, I just didn't get it from what Cam said. So sorry about that, as I wasn't trying to just discount what you said and your opinion on why they left Daisy out. Basically I just feel that they left Daisy out because they didn't want to bother with finding a way to explain how it couldn't be her test because that particular actress wasn't slated for that episode. :) Just my take on it, not that I feel that other ideas don't have merit.
word count: 136

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

No worries. everyone has their own takes on things. I probably would have found it more distracting if they had said something like, "Well, Daisy, uses that bathroom, but since she hasn't interned here recently, I'm pretty sure it's not hers," because then I'd be expecting there to be a twist where it WAS hers, because why else would they have made a point of bringing it up since obviously she's not there that day.

But maybe my mind is just twisted & I think too much. :P You should have seen the note I posted on Facebook about the physical discrepencies between the Navi & other fauna in "Avatar." lol.
word count: 113

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:PS. Just noticed the length of this, Sherry are you proud? And I'm STILL waiting for those comments...wonder what that word count is up to by now?? ;)
Sharon, I think the length of your post is fantastic. :clap: Keep it coming, I love it I love it! LOL.

As for my own... er... well, I did take a break from it last night to work on a fiction piece I've been laboring over for months. But at last count? It was at about 2800. :oops: Of course, that was after I got bored with trying to word it 'perfectly' and instead started writing in a bit of stream-of-consciousness, to jot down all my random thoughts about the episode. I think the word count will go down once I sit down with it and organize it into a more coherent post.

Give me another day, will you? I gave blood this morning and I think my brain is still drained. :D

In the meantime, I will chime in with Jade's comment that it's likely they've got custodial workers who take out the trash every night (they did in the office where I last worked); I think it's fairly customary, especially for a facility that size. So I would imagine whoever used the bathroom during that specific day would be most likely to have taken the test. If Daisy wasn't there that day, she wouldn't be one of the candidates. I did pause, however, to wonder why other women working in the lab wouldn't be considered. Unless Cam was just starting with the people she knew best? (And those who would be unlikely to sue her for asking such a personal question re: their health? LOL.) I don't really believe that those three women (Cam, Brennan and Angela) have their own special restroom. It's not an 'executive washroom' sort of place. People are there to do science! You know, serious work. Or so they would have us believe. ;) Heee.

Anyway... I'll be back!
word count: 345

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well yes I agree that they'd have someone take out the trash daily, there would be cleaners of course! But it couldn't be a normal sort of restroom in a work place (lots of stalls usually) or you'd think they'd have the bigger trashcans and why would Cam be looking in one? LOL The fact that she found it makes me think it was a small restroom and maybe only those women that work in that section of the lab (Cam, Brennan, etc) use it??

Of course, it also leads me to wonder why Angela would choose to do the test at work, she presumably has a home and that is where most women would want to do the test I would think!!

And I'll TRY to be patient Sherry... :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:
word count: 135

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

On the topic of the preg. test. it seemed to me that Cam had found it before Angela had a chance to get back to it. (why one would leave it sitting there for all the world to see is another question!!)
Mostly because Cam says that she used the rest of the sample to run another test - and unless she is freakishly stalkerish, there must of still been some pee in a cup in the bathroom.

and she did say that michelle had been there visiting earlier in the day - so her guess was it wasnt there over night either. (or maybe she had been in the bathroom earlier, then later, after michelle had left, she went there again and saw it)

and maybe I have just disturbed myself by thinking about the bathroom habits of the squints.
word count: 139

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

llamalah wrote:...and maybe I have just disturbed myself by thinking about the bathroom habits of the squints.
*chuckling* I know, llamalah. it's probably one of those things that is best not to think too hard about. :D I'm just going to chalk up that part to a not-well-thought-out bit on the part of the writers. No woman would necessarily take that test at work, or leave it where anyone could find it. Not to mention, how inappropriate it was for Cam to be asking that question! I wonder if there was another, better way for them to have that potential 'news' come to light, so that Hodgins and Cam could find out, in order for Angela to have those scenes. Hmm. :think:

At any rate... um, Sharon? I've just about completed my 'review' of the episode for ya! Just have to wrap it up. However, I need to warn you that it's become quite the lengthy treatise. Really, really long. We're talking about 9,000 words. (Yes, I'm being serious.) :oops: So, I'm not sure if I should post that here or maybe just paste it to my LiveJournal blog and simply post a link to it here. I don't want to break or clog up the discussion thread. *is sheepish* Tell me what you want me to do.

*blinks innocently* You know you love me, even when I am wordiy. :D
word count: 240

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Sherry!
Since Sharon encouraged you to do one of your thoughtful critiques I will leave the last word to her; but personally I think 9000 words is almost a short story, so I vote for a link. But if you decide to do it, make sure everyone can get in to your LJ and that it isn't restricted to members or private or whatever - not sure how LJ works but I know I have had frustrations trying to get into it!!
word count: 83
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Ohh love looooong reviews..

So Sherry, if you deceide to post it here great.. if not, hope that we would be able to check it on your LJ.. ;)

But agree with Steph, do what you think it's best.

Don't think I ever have been on LJ.. yet.. :-)
word count: 49

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves to Hanne and Steph* Thanks for your encouragement! *hugs*

I've given what you both said some thought and decided that it's probably best not to clog up the overall flow of discussion here in the thread, especially because what I've written has become more of an essay or analytical commentary, rather than just a few paragraphs of my thoughts. It started out a few paragraphs long, with some further general jotting down of what I liked and didn't like, but as I organized my thoughts and pondered the episode and rewatched it, I found myself writing much more. All total now, it's a few words over 10,000. :!:

But at last it's complete, so if you feel inspired to read it, you can find it here on my Livejournal: [commentary] Bones: The Proof in The Pudding. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it -- the post should be unlocked. And please, feel free to come back here to Tj's site to comment and agree/disagree. I'd love to know your thoughts. :D

Thanks for being so open to reading my writings, lovely ones. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 193
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh