Bones 6.12 The Sin in the Sisterhood

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Bones 6.12 The Sin in the Sisterhood

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Ok I’m not good at this but here we go.

This most funniest thing for me and being Australian was the way Wendell pronounced Emooo. LOL just so you know it’s E mmm you. Emu.

I liked the story line with Cam, it’s about time they sorted out here love life for her.

I like how now with Jack and Angela they seem more couple like. It’s very sweet.

Well this is it from me, do YOU care to add anything..

Ali :D
word count: 86

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 6.12 The Sin in the Sisterhood

Post by hanneDK »

Okay it's been awhile since I last shared my thoughts on a episode - so bare with me, at bit out of practice :D Before you read on, I would like to apoligize for any bad spelling, wording and harsh comments/thoughts..

First of all I liked the focus Cam got - on her relationship with the good gyno.. One thing that put me a bit off, was her lack of confidence on whether she should continue seeing him or not.. Don't think we've seen her like that ever.. she always knows what she want but not this time.
She seeked advise from almost everybody on the team..
However I liked that she in the end decided to give him a chance and that work don't have to rule over her lovelife.. :-)

As for the case.. who in their right mind would share their husband with other women eventhough they might be sisters - not a chance in hell (sorry if I have offended anybody).. that is something I would never do, not even if I was in love with the man.. Was surprised that the 1st wife agreed on having her sisters as "in-laws" - what would the right term be? but to share him with others other than a sister was bad.. Did have the father as a suspect at one point but mainly because I thought he was against their arrangement.. so was a bit surprised that he killed the husband because he was having an affair - couldn't settle with his wifes..

Back to Cam.. her doing experiments, isen't that Hodgins territory?? :D Didn't he sound a bit jealous.. well he did to me..

I get a feeling that the show is being sponsered by Toyota! I get it product placement - a prius.. okay we know the car is "green" and how fabulous the car is.. but having it forced down on us in every episode, there is a limit..

Another thing, Wendell taking over Zack's place as Brennan's lab rat :D He can't replace Zack on that matter..

Think I've covered everything now.. and again I wish to say sorry if I've offended anybody with my thoughts. I do respect others belief whether it's religion or how to live their own life.. I've been raised to respect it eventhough I don't agree.
word count: 395

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I kinda like that Paul guy. Cam's new boyfriend. The actor looks familiar. From where do I know him?
Sorry, that just came to my mind when I watched that episode.
word count: 32
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I find the portrayal of Cam's relationship a little odd. She & her gyno doc got together in April of last year, so it's been almost a year now that they've been together in our time (possibly longer in the Bonesverse since the summer hiatus lasted 7 months for them), & yet it feels like they're still trying to play the relationship as being fairly new & tentative.
word count: 69
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I loved the focus on Cam. (Wow, when she started on the show back in season 2, I don't think I ever would have been able to say that, so that's really something, how much her character has evolved and how wonderfully Tamara plays her.)

I thought the reason for her trouble with her boyfriend made sense as a storyline (their lives getting too busy to spend quality time with each other, thus things getting more and more awkward and frustrating on both sides), and I loved how she went to Booth about it. The way Tamara and David played the scene, you can really sense the intimacy between the two characters, how well they know each other, how long they've known each other, and that Booth was enjoying giving her advice. There was a lot of warmth in the scene, especially right at the end, and I just felt that it was played well, like you could feel they used to date and have remained good, close friends.

I liked that Angela offered up some advice to Cam. For an episode about 'sisterhood,' that was a lovely, sisterly sort of chat between the two women, and once again, I found myself really enjoying the way the actresses played the scene. :eusa-clap:

I also liked that Cam opened up just a little bit to Wendall and Hodgins. It seemed like she was just so frustrated and troubled about her life that she couldn't contain herself like she normally would. The usual Cam always seems to maintain a sense of decorum and elegance, no matter what, so it was poignant and a little bit heartbreaking to see her careful facade crack a little bit. Like she was so internally miserable that she couldn't hide it anymore, she had to say, "No, Hodgins, I have no life." It was so sad. (But I did like the way Tj played it, like Hodgins was cracking jokes at first, but when Cam admitted to having no life, the smile slid off his face and he asked if she was okay. Subtly played yet really sweet.)

I really have no opinion on the case itself. I'm not sure I liked the laughing scene between Booth and Brennan (when they kept talking about what a doofus the victim was, and then laughed over how terrible they were for laughing and calling the victim names). It just went on far too long, I think, and crumbled into the realm of insensitive rather than funny.

I don't know... I think they just used the case to lean a little too hard on the Booth/Brennan romance stuff. It became a little too pointed, especially with that scene about Brennan wanting to know how to know if the guy is 'the one' or if chemicals in the brain throw everything off by making you attracted to other people as well.

It was just so obviously a big flashing arrow to say Booth and Brennan are each other's "THE ONE." Which is probably why I can't seem to fully get into the Hannah/Booth relationship. I like Hannah, and I'm glad they didn't have Booth pine away for Brennan all summer and come back from Afganistan hoping Brennan changed her mind. But at the same time -- and I think this has been mentioned by other people in various episode threads -- it's tough to take the Hannah/Booth relationship seriously when it feels like it's already on borrowed time, you know what I mean? Like the writers aren't truly going to have Booth and Hannah get married or something relatively finite like that, so in my head I watch their scenes already knowing they're probably not going to last much longer. Especially when they lean so hard on pointed scenes like the final one between Booth and Brennan in this episode.

Side note about Tj in this episode: it seemed like he had a TON of challenging words to spout! So many plants and bugs and ground materials to sort through and present to the other team members throughout the case, and all the pronunciations seemed challenging. So I have to tip my hat to Tj on this one. He really had some challenging (and lengthy) science-y words to speak. I marvel at that. :D
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 730
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

P.S. to Simone: I looked up the actor who portrays Cam's doctor boyfriend. His name is Elon Gold, and apparently he's guested on an episode of The Mentalist, on Ned & Stacy, and on Frasier, and he was a regular on a show called Stacked. He's been on a bunch of other things, too.

I must have seen him on Frasier or The Mentalist, because he looks really familiar to me too but nothing on his imdb list is standing out in a big way and those are the only shows I notice that I watch (or watched) regularly. :eusa-think:

Anything seem familiar to you?
word count: 107