Since Bones Has Been On...

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Since Bones Has Been On...

Post by SmackyKennedy »

As I read the other day about House being renewed for its 8th season it hit me that my son will be turning 8 about the same time the season starts in the fall. Has it really been on that long? My kid is going to be EIGHT? I was rocking him to sleep with a bottle when House first came on. And how did I get that OLD?! That got me thinking about how long Bones has been on and how much has changed in the past 6 years.

Since Bones started on September 13, 2005....
-I watched my parents' marriage of 20 years end.
-Went on my first cruise.
-My son was diagnosed with autism.
-Moved twice.
-Held 3 different jobs while I completed my Associate of Science degree and another medical transcription certification program.
-Started my home transcription business.
-Had my 2nd child.
-Watched my mom fall in love again (via EHarmony) and get married, gaining an awesome stepdad, 3 stepbrothers, a stepsister, and a nephew in the process.
-Ended my 7-year marriage.
-Watched both of my "baby" sisters get married.
-Became an aunt 2 more times (biologically and by adoption)
-Realized that Alzheimer's disease really sucks and so does cancer.
-Discovered Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and this stuff called fan fiction, And I've had a love/hate relationship with all of these ever since.
-Found this awesome site and have since fallen even more head over heels in like with TJ Thyne and the people here.
-Found a couple of churches that, even though I'm not "there" yet, I can still relate to, meeting some incredible people along the way.
-Started drawing/painting again after nearly a decade.
-Cheered for my sister when she graduated law school.
-Experienced awe, shock, amusement and crazy love for the too-numerous-to-list stuff my kids have accomplished over the years.

All this done with one thought at the back of my mind...did I remember to record Bones??!!! (seriously, I double-checked before going to the hospital to deliver)

I quit watching House after season 4. I started and quit watching Desperate Housewives, Grey's, and numerous others (Mostly ones that Fox has canceled :x ) but Bones has always been there.

Hopefully by the time Bones starts its 8th season I will have gone on a date and my 3-year-old will be potty trained. I'm not holding my breath though. :wink:

What about you all?
word count: 411
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

TNPrincess14
Fan

Re: Since Bones Has Been On...

Post by TNPrincess14 »

On September 13, 2005 I had a two year old little girl and an 11 year old little boy and we were staying with my parents while I got on my feet financially. Since then...

My daughter is now 7 and in 2nd grade. She is a State Champion baton twirler and LOVES to watch Bones with Mommy.

My son is 17 and in 7 (school) days he will officially be a Sr in High School.

I have lost a grandparent and have had three family members survive breast cancer.

The kids and I have moved three times.

I have been at the same job, but went from being the only non-management person in my dept to being the supervisor and having two people under me. Our company had only one U.S. office and now we have expanded to two U.S. offices and two overseas offices.

Friendships have come and gone due to all of us growing up, settling down with families, and in general discovering who we are as people.

I have learned the difference between a person's words and their actions as well as learning how to walk away when needed.

Above all, I discovered the BEST ACTOR ON TELEVISION, Mr. TJ Thyne!!

It has definitely been a rollercoaster of a life for the past 6 years and I can't wait to see where I am when Bones hits Season 12!!
word count: 238
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Since BONES first came out - September 13, 2005 - I have...

...had a solo flight in an airplane
...lost my job
...lost a grandparent
...gained a nephew & a step-niece
...moved twice
...found a few great TV shows to watch & occasionally obsess over: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, I came to it late- I started watching it online & then bought all the DVDs), BONES, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Haven, Leverage
...Joined Facebook, Twitter, & tjthyne.com, and in the process, reconnected with old friends, made some new ones, & joined the delusional state of all the rest of the Twitterers that I am somehow "friends" with the stars- "I made HH LOL; I'm famous!" :P
...started doing volunteer work at a community theater
...seen the first "black" president get elected
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 126
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Wow Jade, has Bones been on that long??? :shock: :whistle: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
word count: 9
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

What? You didn't know that BONES came out in 1905? :lol: So I was off by a hundred years; I guess my brain never got the Y2K update. :P Anyway....fixed it.
word count: 31
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I have to admit, it was funny to me that you had 1905 and the first thing on your list was had a solo flight in an airplane, was thinking WOW, you must have done that right after the Wright brothers! (1903). :whistle: Of course I knew it was a typo, but gave me a laugh anyway! :D :D
word count: 57
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Yep, right after the Wright brothers. You had no idea I was that old, did you? :o In fact, the Wright brothers only got to go first because they won the coin toss. Shoulda been me. :wink:
word count: 35

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Definitely didn't think you were that old, and the cast of Bones, wow!! And ED is pregnant, must be some sort of scientific miracle! :shock: :lol:
word count: 25

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ooh, this is a fun topic! I'm going to have to think about this and make a post. What have I been doing for the past 6 years? WOW. So much, yet not enough... :D
word count: 35
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

Wow, another oldlike topic which should get back to life ;P
well here I go:
Since BONES first came out - September 13, 2005 - I ...
- decorated my new room, which I got in March haha
- Had my very first boyfriend, half year relationship :p
- got taught how to read and write
- had my first broken heart (the ***hole..)
- broke my wrist because I fell over a stone with my skates
- got bullied several years
- had some amazing friends which made it good enough to live
- switched classes
- got onto highschool (is that the correct translation uhhh)
- got a witch as tutor (YAY)
- switched class again (I hated them and they hated me..)
- got a weird tutor
- actually started my Bones addiction (watched ALL the episodes)
- got here because I found TJ sooooo awesome
- watched ALL the TJ videos on Youtube (spend a looooot of time there)
- broke, and didn't want to live because I was not worth it (still don't like my life, but I now sort of believe I should keep trying for the ones who do like me and the ones I really like)
- got help from the sweetest girls <3
- go to 3rd class after summer holidays.. (we start at 4 in elementary, then have 1 till 8th class, then start all over again with 1 to 4th or 1 to 6th depending on which level (TL, MAVO, HAVO, (T)VWO, gymnasium))

Ow, and somewhere in between my sister got engaged and it probably going to get married next June/July...
So yeah, nothing really important happened...
xXx
word count: 262
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

maggimaemellon
Fan

Post by maggimaemellon »

This won't be a long post. Since bones has been on, I have been fascinated with the skeletal structure! I love drawing them as well. My advance biology class in high school was so much easier because I watched bones and loved learning about human bones! Lol. Creepy I know. :)
word count: 51

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

Since Bones has been on
- Finished secondary school
- Finished college
- Started my degree
- Had an amazing 3 years with my boyfriend
- Moved into a house with my boyfriend
- Met TJ
- Went to 5 Green Day concerts
word count: 36
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

Since Bones has been on I...
-Gained an interest in science
-Found this amazing website
-Want to go into Computer Forensics
-Almost died
-Read Kathy Reichs books
-Went to New York for the first time
-Saw my first Broadway musical (Wicked!!)
-Have been cast in multiple shows and musicals(Including It's A Wonderful Life & Hairspray!)
I can't believe it's been ten years!
word count: 65
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

maggimaemellon
Fan

Post by maggimaemellon »

Since Bones has been on I've been looking into doing work with skeletal bones. They fascinate me and the show got me to love it all even more! I've also been considering acting myself! I love Bones forever!
word count: 40