Bones 3.14 The Wannabe In The Weeds

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Re: Bones 3.12 The Wannabe in the Weeds

Post by bonesaddict11 »

For anybody who saw the promo for next week, it looks like gormagon is coming back, which of course means...More conspiratorial Hodgins!!! :mrgreen:
word count: 23

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

yes! next weeks episode sums up gormagon's story. It's the end, we'll finally know who Gormagon is! :D
word count: 20
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Is the episode airing this coming Monday the final one of the season?
word count: 13

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Is the episode airing this coming Monday the final one of the season?
exactly, the last of the season, the season finale, the end and no more bones until the 26th of August supposedly. :cry: it's sad. I want to watch it now but...at the same time I don't want it to end!!
word count: 57
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Bones might come back August 26? That would be a nice birthday present (my b-day is Aug. 25th). I'd be happy about that. :D

I know what you mean. I feel like we just got the show back, after that long strike-induced break, so I'm not quite ready for it to go away just yet. I like seeing TJ on TV each week.

Anyone know when his movies are slated to premiere?
word count: 75

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

August 28th??? =( but then again, (for me) school starts august 16 or something so at least summer is in between. =)

And i was looking around for the premieres of the new movies, and i noticed that in one of the new movies "the phone book" and one of the old movies "validation", he played the same person, Hugh Newman. Is that just a coincidence or are they connected somehow??
OoOo, sorry, a little off topic. :oops:
word count: 75

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:
I know what you mean. I feel like we just got the show back, after that long strike-induced break, so I'm not quite ready for it to go away just yet. I like seeing TJ on TV each week.
Exactly, and as for August 26th, Hart said several times that the show would be back around that date, so I hope they do!
word count: 67
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Someone posted over on 206_bones (on LiveJournal) that Bones is supposed to move back to Wednesday nights, starting August 27. Not sure if that will change over the next few months, but for now that is what I heard. I wonder if that means they're going to start filming S4 episodes very soon, in prep for that start date. I imagine this is going to be a busy summer for TJ.

P.S. For you Prison Break fans out there, I heard that will start two days before the Bones S4 premiere. August 25. Excellent. 8)
word count: 97

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes I have heard all that too. And of course they already have the starter few eps, the ones that should have been in S3. ED and DB are coming to England to film on location for one of the early S4 eps I believe. No TJ though. According to Eric the others don't get to go!! :(
word count: 58
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

yeah, Eric said that they are filming 6 episodes for S4 before ED and DB go to England. And if all the squints stays in US for that England double episode, Hodgins would be the one and only King of the Lab. Cam doesn't count. :P
word count: 46
~ s o f i

xxmeg
Fan

Post by xxmeg »

I loved Emily's voice!
And if that was supposed to be Brennan with a 'bad' voice, then Emily must be real good!
I wanna hear her sing more.

When Pam shot Booth and Brennan was over him, you can tell how much she truly cares for him, as all the others were in shock, and freaking out.

Can't believe there is no more Bones till later on this year! Us Brits probably won't get it till September/October. If that's the case, then youtube it is for me!
word count: 92

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

xxmeg wrote:Can't believe there is no more Bones till later on this year! Us Brits probably won't get it till September/October. If that's the case, then youtube it is for me!
You won't get new episodes but you'll GET the chance to be near ED and DB!!!! hmm...anyway i know it's not very simple to go and chase them all over England buuuuut I'd definitely try it. :P
word count: 77
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I missed watching the re-airing of this episode on Wednesday, only ended up catching the last few minutes. Unfortunately, I found their use of 'Fat Pam' still grated on me.

On one level, the final scene was exciting -- Booth taking a bullet, Brennan staunching the flow of his blood with her hands, pleading with him to hold on. That's big.

On the other hand, the character Fat Pam... *shakes head* First off, the name is immeasurably insulting, even though they tried to 'explain' it by using it as proof of the deceased character's rudeness (perhaps trying to justify his horrible death). And she was a 'crazy fat girl' stereotype, not a true portrait of a troubled woman who has finally snapped. I didn't believe in her sudden switch from the singer to Booth. I didn't believe in her instant obsession with him. It wasn't sinister and frightening (as it could have been, if done differently); it felt too over the top.

It felt as if she were merely a vehicle used in order to have that final shocking scene in which Booth gets shot.

Also, I struggle with the moment that Brennan shoots Pam. One shot. No emotion. Sure, she was completely focused on Booth in the moment, but she's not that accomplished as a markswoman, not like Booth the sniper. She could have missed and hit one of her colleagues. Plus, the first time she ever shot and killed anyone, she was completely rattled (Blonde in the Game). Afterwards, she was visibly troubled by the turn of events.

This time... nothing.

Watching it disturbed me because she shot the woman point blank in the neck. It was vicious, startling, and horrifying. I can see why they wouldn't have done anything with that in the moment because there were only seconds left in the episode and she needed to be focused on Booth. Of course I understand that. But the next week there was nothing to indicate it had even bothered her one bit. Sure, she's logical, she's able to 'compartmentalize' (or says she can), but this felt bigger than that. And they didn't address it.

Just like they didn't really address what happened to Booth. He took a bullet for Brennan. She had his blood on her hands. Everyone was traumatized by the events of that episode. Brennan was almost assassinated in front of them, and a colleague (Booth) ended up shot. And for a second, they didn't know if Pam would turn the gun on Brennan next, or any of the rest of them, for that matter. It makes me enormously sad to watch the final scene of this episode now, knowing there was no solid emotional follow-up to this impactful moment in all these characters' lives. Instead, in the next episode it became the punchline of bathtub silliness between Booth and Brennan. Not to mention, a ridiculous reason to keep Sweets around, forever pushing their 'relationship' and reminding them how 'passionate' their feelings are for one another. Not subtle. Not good. That makes me weary and disappointed.
word count: 524

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Oh, man, I wish I could find anything redeemable about those two episodes, but I can't. All I can do is second all of your great points -- and remember when the show was more consistent, and made more sense.

I confess to being a big 'chick flick' fan, but I'm such a stickler for characterization that I'm not comfortably making the switch to 'shiny, happy Bones.'

There have been so many shows that have done the dramedy well, but sadly, this is not one of them.

And how could the stylists at Fox think it's a good thing (blanked for spoilers -- roll over to read) to straighten and iron TJ's adorable hair? WTF?! Unbelievable!

Thanks for the great thinky thoughts, as always!

*pouts back to her hermitage, agreeing all the way*
word count: 136
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I normally have loads of articulate comments to smear over this type of reasoned argument.
Frankly, girls, all I can say here is...YES.

*shakes head sadly, trails back to bed with blankie*
word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*hugs Steph and AF, and tucks Steph in with her blankie*

:mrgreen:

I've been seeing commercials for the season premiere. Booth looks as over-the-top silly as he ever was in season three. However, I did find one thing he said particularly funny, so I remain reserved until I see how it all fits in with the overall episode. We shall see!

I am looking forward to chatting here again. It's been a quiet summer, as we all scattered to our corners, so it would be great to converse with y'all on a more regular basis. Here's hoping the new season gives us plenty of good things to discuss! :D
word count: 113
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm hoping hard that it is just a summer thing (and of course some of you, students and teachers in the US, have been getting back to school, which is always hectic - I go back Thursday, with a training day on Tuesday). I'd be sad if the lack of response to our requests for change and news by the management had been the reason for the fallout, and I don't mind admitting that I am becoming very concerned about it. Still frustrated too; it's stopping me doing my job properly. Thank goodness for you lot, my friends - you invariably encourage me and lift me up. <<hug>>

Despite all the negative vibes, I am in fact quite looking forward to S4. I think it's because I'll enjoy seeing some of the action in London. Hope I can see it on the Net fairly soon after it's shown. I am relying on US viewers to give a full report!
word count: 164

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:I'd be sad if the lack of response to our requests for change and news by the management had been the reason for the fallout, and I don't mind admitting that I am becoming very concerned about it.
I don't think the lack of response or information helps, that's for sure. But I also admit to feeling scattered all over the place this summer. It's been an odd, unfocused year for me. I just haven't had it in me for long intelligent analysis or discourse. I'm afraid my mind has been on other things. Regrettably so.
ThyneAlone wrote:Despite all the negative vibes, I am in fact quite looking forward to S4. I think it's because I'll enjoy seeing some of the action in London. Hope I can see it on the Net fairly soon after it's shown. I am relying on US viewers to give a full report!
Oh, you know I'll do my best! Only a few days to go! :D
word count: 175

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Guilty as charged (with being unusually absent the last few weeks--will explain on the other thread). Great comments from everyone. Didn't bother rewatching the season finale, as I thought it was dreadful.
word count: 34
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*hugs Rebecca* I hope things are going much better this week.
word count: 11