If Bones had to kill off a character

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

If Bones had to kill off a character

Post by skftex »

http://www.wetpaint.com/bones/articles/ ... nthinkable

HA. I want to go kick them for saying that without the baby they wouldn't need Hodgins and it isn't like he does anything that makes him irreplaceable even if they did say he has to stay.

Bet you all KNOW which character I voted for... :D :D :D
word count: 55
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Re: If Bones had to kill off a character

Post by SmackyKennedy »

What a warm and fuzzy poll that is! :P Cutting-edge "journalism" at its best. I think I want to go and kick Wetpaint too.

I think they are right about "an outcry that Bones wouldn't survive." TJ has been the most consistent part, and in my opinion, the best part of the show for years now. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 57
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

I honestly have no idea who i'd like to be written off the show, since killing off characters means actors losing their jobs, which makes it very hard to decide.

What I was thinking was that they might write some of the characters over to the Finder. I've noticed that TJ has recently been working on that show a lot and maybe they'll make it a permanent transition one day. Not that I'd like that, since I watch Bones mostly because of Jack and Angela but that's maybe how they'll resolve the character overflow on Bones.
word count: 102

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Anya, they don't need to kill a character off (or write one off) on Bones. This was just a website trying to come up with something to talk about I think, since Bones is in a really odd schedule this year and they don't have things about the show to talk about.

If it were true though, the day they take Hodgins off Bones is when I stop watching.
word count: 71
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

Thanks for the info Sharon, I'm glad they're not really considering it. :eusa-pray: :icon-mrgreen:

However, noticing TJ being more and more involved in the Finder, actually got me thinking about this whole permanent switch before. Anyway, if they ever decide on doing that, I hope it's not going to happen before the very last episode of Bones.

Sharon, I honestly have no idea who you voted for but I bet it wasn't Jack :handgestures-thumbup:
word count: 75

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm with Sharon. The Bones writing has become I think a little lazy at times and TJ is a joy for making something meaningful out of what he has to do. I too might lose interest if he wasn't there.

The Finder just didn't appeal to me at all at first sight. At least I relate to some of the other Bones characters, can't feel anything for the Finder ones. If TJ were on that on a permanent basis I'd be in need of clips of his particular bits!

Who would I kill off? Hmm. Never saw the point of Sweets as a character, although I like the way he's played. All the functions he fulfils are either teeth-grindingly superfluous or perfectly well performed by other people...
word count: 134
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

Hodgy makes us realise why we started to watch in first place xD

Well, it's true.. without Jack Stanley Hodgins IV I think my watching Bones addiction would soon be over, it would just not be the same!
Well, who to kill.... hmm.. Agent Flynn... But ofcourse, at the time this topic was created he wasnt there yet :wink:
word count: 59
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins