Bones 7.13 The Past in the Present

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 7.13 The Past in the Present

Post by skftex »

Lots going on here and things I expected to happen didn't, so not sure what to say about it. I still have a huge problem with the things they claim Pellant can do but at least this time they made some of it a little more believable (phone hacking and video hacking I believe) though I'm a bit confused why Angela seems to believe a time stamp is absolute. I can change the date on my camera to whatever date I want, so not so hard for a genius computer hacker to figure out a way to change a time stamp for that piece of video.

4:47 showed up again. I guess we'll know what that means when Bones finally ends. LOL

Okay people, discuss!!

word count: 129
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 7.13 The Past in the Present

Post by Jude40 »

*********POSSIBLE SPOILERS*********

Hiya everyone

I haven't posted anything about 'Bones' for a while. I fell out with the show about but I have actually quite liked this season (still think season 1 and 2 were the best but I've just been glad to get the whole irritating B&B will they/won't they thing out of the way.

Anyway, as I managed to watch an albeit constantly buffering version of the finale online, and as it's lasking down and thundering so I'm awake, I thought I would comment. I was not impressed, not because it was 'scary' or 'sad' I was just bored. I think I can cover all my thoughts by just copying what I tweeted.

Love #Bones and everyone in it but not impressed with the finale (with one exception, the return of the fab Patricia Belcher). Not because I was scared or upset; I was just bored. Pelant looks like Sweets' twin and has absolutely no menace. As for Brennan she was back to the annoying, 'normal people wouldn't understand'. I have a high IQ and am a member of Mensa and guess what I'm pretty normal! As for loving Booth actually if you go behind someone's back, lie to them and steal their child away you don't love them. And there you have the worst thing we just FINALLY managed to get to the end of the will they won't they saga and now we have the Booth/Brennan show again. Love @emilydeschanel and @David_Boreanaz but THE best thing about this show is the entire cast interaction and @TJThyne, @TamaraTaylor, @JohnFDaley, and @michaelaconlin are fab. @HartHanson can we please have back the heartfelt camaraderie and dark humour combined with true emotion that made #Bones great and steer away from the sensationalism. Just my view of course and hey I'm still gonna watch next season :)

Well that was it, courtesy of Twit Longer (there are some things you just cannot say in 140 characters). Distinctly underwhelmed but hey let's see what next season brings.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 355

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

I did prefer the other seasons above season 7... I thought the season finale was... awkward... I wasn't like the Bones I used to know, and want my old Bones back... The last few episodes I kinda just looked at TJ, Michaela and Tamara scenes because the B&B chemistry is kinda gone.. Love the TJ/Michaela scenes! Such a sweet entomologist! Hodgins will always be my king of the lab haha :romance-smileyheart: But in the message of the finale:
-------------SPOILER, DON'T READ IF DON'T WANT TO KNOW!-----------
The ending is awkward. Bones and Christine drive away in a car, they are sent by father Max. Booth sees them driving away and starts sobbing and almost killing Max.. They are standing in front of the church where Christine was just baptized. Pellant also just placed a 'bomb' alarm clock in Christines room I thought it was, with the famous 4:47 time on it.. At the same time all other members of the Jeffersonian (including Sweets) are talking about all evidence turning to Brennan. Angela freaks out because she doesn't want her friend to end up in jail.
----------------------------END OF SPOILER--------------------------

So to my opinion, this finale kind of sucks ... I WANT MY OLD BONES BACK, but then with a little more TJ (and Michaela, but TJ is a little more awesome). Can't they make another episode with Hodgins leading the case or something?
X and I am not sure if sorry for the long post :D
word count: 250
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: 7:12 The Suit in the Set

Post by hanneDK »

Okay that was werid.. this is my second attempt to post my troughts.. (my computer just kicked me off the site, strange?! )

However, I finally managed to watch this season finale and I actuallly don't know how to feel. My thoughts are everwhere with this one. :angry-banghead:
A part of me liked it but a another part of me, feels the same way like most of you - not quite happy with it.

I know what I said when we first met Pellant - that I found him creepy as hell (maybe even more than the Gravedigger) but that's mostly in a more psychological way!

I will leave it at that for the time being.. gonna return with some more thoughts - need to see the epi again.
word count: 126

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I have now caught up and seen this on Sky Living. I hope to get a second look at the ones I have been recording and post about them soon.. but this, as finales go, does not grab me and I don't feel inclined to re-watch. Yes, I have missed great chunks of this season and so lost continuity to some extent even with later catch-ups, but – is it just me? – Pellant doesn’t impress. For a start I can’t see why he is so viciously anti-Brennan, his character hasn’t been well enough defined (difficult, I know, to ‘define’ someone who remains in the shadows out of necessity because of the nature of his crimes). It worries me that I’m not scared of this silly little boy in the least, in spite of the things he is capable of. Rather, I dislike him with the same contempt I felt for the Mark Zuckerberg character in ‘The Social Network’. I really didn’t understand his creeping around in their house at the end. Also, I don’t really ‘get’ either how this other mathematical genius friend of Tempe’s (and latest victim, burdened with another ridiculously complicated cause of death) has worked out something so complex with spit on the wall of his room, or how it is going to be of any help. It’s the same problems I had with Gormagon – seemingly very vague motives and far too ‘clever’ plot wise.

I did think the unravelling of the team and internal conflict was done very well, though. Very clearly Angela was going to want to do anything she could to get Brennan out of the mess, and equally clearly Cam was going to struggle with herself but eventually go with her ethics. But Brennan has again been made to do things offscreen that, for me, don’t seem to tally with her onscreen persona, which kind of jars. Yes, I will watch to see how it resolves, but to me it doesn’t feel like a finale, only like the first of a two-parter. And I reckon that Max will have a lot more trouble keeping Tempe hidden than he did on his own account.
word count: 374
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

So I'm finally caught up and I've watched all of the episodes thanks to Netflix and Hulu. I love being able to watch episodes back to back and not have to wait a whole week for a new one, but I guess I'll have to get over that when Season 8 starts. :icon-lol: I'm dying to know what the 4:47 thing means, but at the same time, I don't want Bones to end in order to find out. It is kind of cool looking for hidden messages in the show though, and discussing what they possibly mean.
word count: 102
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

What annoyed me most with this finale episode is 1) They know he's (Pelant) a genius hacker, so why wouldn't he be the first suspect?? 2) Come on... if anyone was going to commit the 'perfect murder' it'd be Brennan!!! No way she would leave that much 'evidence' behind. This is her 'thing'. How can they even make her the primary suspect knowing this??? 3) Really??? I understand the man (Pelant) is a computer genius, but seriously, are we really to believe that he is that untouchable and infalliable???
word count: 92