Bones 7.12 The Suit in the Set

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Bones 7.12 The Suit in the Set

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I was just able to watch this one tonight.

This episode was rather corny, cliched, and a bit over the top. And I LOVED it. :eusa-clap:

All the "inside jokes" like the names (Hanson Stephens, Liam Toynem-or something like that), mentions of Hart's MG and Huckleberry. I'm sure there were tons more but that's all I can think of offhand. I really like seeing everything on the Fox Lot too.

Cool that Cam got some more screen time in this one, even if it was in a really bad vampire movie :scared-eek: :D

So CUTE that Hodgins wanted to be in a movie to leave a legacy for Michael. I need a Hodgins. Have I said that before?

Appreciated that the actor playing "movie Hodgins" turned out to be a brilliant scientist and be pivotal in solving the case, very fitting!

Anyway, it's 1 am and I'm getting delirious, but just wanted to pop in and rave about it. I'll probably watch it again soon and see what else I pick up on.
word count: 179
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: 7:12 The Suit in the Set

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Cam-pire! That was my favorite part of this ep. Hilarious. :D
word count: 11
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I loved this too. It made gentle fun of itself and, as is detailed above, the self-referential is most enjoyable and flattering if you have a bit of insider info - so here the diehards are being rewarded. I adored the people clichés, so familiar, and the wonderful intro with the explosions and all. Unfortunately, even the interview rang true! Wasn't the Andrew Lister character cute trying to 'be' Booth?! Liked the PA who covered relentlessly for his lord and master - does Hart have someone who does that? Good to see Filmore our friendly neighbourhood forensic podiatrist again, in a different context - still just as hilarious ("Canadians shouldn't gloat" LOL).

OK so the plot was a bit creaky and one began to see fairly early who the perp probably was, especially when we got on to the small vehicle. But I'm somewhat character-led (I only notice plot holes if they are blindingly obvious and if the science is unlikely - can you really identify what has been going on from a mass of footprints?), so I just revelled in seeing something embarrassing from Cam's past and in meeting the guy who Hodgins might have been if TJ hadn't played him - the genuine geek, and a likeable one at that. Same enthusiasm. I liked that, and the fact that Hodgins was very slowly reassured that he knew what he was doing.

The reaction to the real body was very funny, and this ep contained some of the best lines I've heard for a while. 2 good ones from Brennan:

"You're perfectly capable of recognising your own inadequacies."
"I don't understand. If you have a useful talent, why are you an actor?"

And a significant one from Jocco:

“I’m not used to real things!”

One embarrassing admission. I went through this episode TWICE without hearing Booth’s throwaway comment about Jocco, to which my hubby actually had to draw my attention “Another crazy Brit in Hollywood.”

A what? I had been through 2 viewings thinking he was an Australian! Of course, the funny thing about this is that I checked this guy out, and he lived for some time in roughly my area of Essex and even went to Brentwood school, the posh independent establishment from which my sister used to source her boyfriends. So you’d think the Essex accent would be well obvious. Apparently he’s originally a Cypriot, so I guess the overlay might have fooled me. Or he might have exaggerated it. In any case I wasn’t convinced. Is she ever happy with accents, I hear you say. Well, this one was deffo better than Spike and Dru on Buffy and that terrible woman on the first Finder ep. That’s all I’m saying!
word count: 468
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

The part at the somewhat beginning, where Booth and Brennan are sitting in the chairs is awesome too. I liked it sooo much when Bones was freaking out about the scientific incorrect problems and Booth was just sitting like 'what should I do?!?!'.
Or that cute moment a few mins later when Bones gets over excited about the case and starts begging Booth, sooo cute <3
In some ways I liked the episode, but I prefer the old season 1-5 like Bones.. The somehow funny murder cases with all the emotional problems and not problems mixed together in a beautifull Bones soup (wow, that sounded creepy)..
But the episode was funny, me myself I need a bit more Angela and Jack but well.. So cute that he wants his fictional fictional him to be in the film more because of Michael Vincent! <3 Aww!! Thats my Hodgins haha <3
word count: 150
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins