Poll at 206_Bones (LJ) & a question from Sinkwriter

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Poll at 206_Bones (LJ) & a question from Sinkwriter

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

There's currently a poll going on at 206_Bones (in LiveJournal), and I think there are not nearly enough votes for Hodgins as favorite character (right now the frontrunner is Brennan/Bones). Booth is second, and Hodgins is third (tied with Angela which is actually kind of sweet, they're together on the same level).

Go vote for our favorite guy! ;)

There's also a really tough poll question (I thought it was tough, anyway) where we're supposed to list our top three favorite episodes.

Of course, it's easy for me to list Aliens in a Spaceship as my all-time favorite -- that's a no-brainer (for my favorite, anyway). But after that, there are so many episodes I love for different reasons: episodes where Jack and Angela are particularly romantic, episodes where the action was particularly kick-ass, episodes where the team worked together well and were each really funny, episodes where I thought TJ's work really stood out... when looked at that way, I had a really difficult time narrowing down my choices to three. I wish it had been Top 5, but even then I'd probably feel as though I had had to cut something I loved.

So, here's my question: Do you have three clear-cut favorite episodes, hands down? Or do you start to waffle, like I did, when it comes to picking such favorites? I'd like to hear your choices. :D
word count: 244

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey! I did go there and vote AND chose Hodgins as my favourite character (because he IS!). I'd have to say this season Cam is a very close second, though with Angela going back to her S1 persona a bit lately, she's a very close third.

As for the episodes to pick, I was a dork and thought it meant favourite S3 episodes. Which I did have a hard time with, because I haven't liked a whole lot of S3.

As for the whole series so far, I know that "Aliens in a Spaceship" is my most favourite episode. It's got everything I love about this show: Jack/Angela moments, Zack being cute, Booth and Brennan arguing about religion, great acting by TJ and Emily (my favourite actors of the show), and just an overall "group effort" feel to it. It's also the episode I can rewatch over and over again and not ever feel sick of.

I actually enjoyed a lot of S1 episodes too, but by far my favourite is probably "The Graft in the Girl" because it's an Angela-heavy episode (she was my favourite character of that season ... well, tied with Jack, of course), and the storyline is gorgeous and sad and makes me sob every time I see it. I also really love "The Skull in the Desert" (again for Angela reasons), and "The Boy in the Bush" because it's where we first learn about Jack's riches, and his fetish for elastic bands!

I also really loved "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" for many reasons, but it's a great holiday episode too. I think I enjoyed the earlier episodes of S2 a lot better than the latter ones, like "The Girl with the Curl" (again, for obvious reasons!), and of course "Judas on a Pole", just because I think it's a solid episode, and I wasn't yet sick of Brennan's dad.
word count: 329
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Awesome, Kimber. :D

I ended up voting for:

Aliens in a Spaceship -- 'Nuff said. :lol: Okay, TJ and Emily made me cry. But that's not surprising ... they did amazing work, really impressive, from start to finish. In fact, everyone had a part to play and did it so well. And I loved the whole 'team effort' in finding their missing colleagues. Great, great episode all around.

Two Bodies in a Lab -- the first time I saw that episode, I was completely fooled and distracted into believing nothing was going on except fun stuff in that scene where Booth and Brennan are singing and goofing around, right up until the moment when that bomb went off in front of Booth. I gasped in such shock and horror -- they totally got me. ;) And I enjoyed seeing Firefly's Adam Baldwin return to TV (yay!), I savored the tension and mystery of the case, and especially loved the humor within all the drama, like Hodgins showing up at Booth's hospital room and chatting and eating his pudding and driving him to the potential crime scene in his car, and appreciating that Booth actually listened to his conspiracy theory ("Love you, man!"... so funny). Plus, that episode illuminated something deeply personal about Booth, which was a great character development moment. Gotta love that.

The final choice I made... that was a tough one. I wanted to go with Man in the Fallout Shelter, because (hello?!) the sight of TJ took my breath away, and because, on a less 'shallow' note (heh) -- like you mentioned, Kimber, it's such a lovely holiday episode all around, such spirit and heart and loving scenes (and funny scenes). Or, I wanted to go with something involving the romance of Angela and Hodgins, which I enjoy and am so charmed by, so there were many episodes I could have chosen for that interest.

But ultimately, I decided to go with The Blonde in the Game, because the work TJ did in that episode literally made me sit up and pay attention. That fantastic scene he did near the end, when things are down to the wire, and Booth is pushing Hodgins, and he can't work like that, under that kind of pressure, he needs more time to think quietly for a moment, in order to come up with the right possibility of where this girl might be held... and he was getting all worked up and panicked, which was incredibly effective for me as a viewer. I just wanted to say, shut UP, Booth, give him a moment! ;) And to then have Angela be the one who steps up and calms Hodgins down and helps him refocus in order to come up with the right answer... simply wonderful. And showed a side to Hodgins I don't think we usually see. It's such a standout scene to me; I can't forget it. So that was ultimately my final choice.

Anyone else? :D
word count: 495

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

i did take the poll too and i voted for hogdins. he's alway been my favourite character
word count: 18
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Two Bodies in a Lab -- the first time I saw that episode, I was completely fooled and distracted into believing nothing was going on except fun stuff in that scene where Booth and Brennan are singing and goofing around, right up until the moment when that bomb went off in front of Booth. I gasped in such shock and horror -- they totally got me. ;) And I enjoyed seeing Firefly's Adam Baldwin return to TV (yay!), I savored the tension and mystery of the case, and especially loved the humor within all the drama, like Hodgins showing up at Booth's hospital room and chatting and eating his pudding and driving him to the potential crime scene in his car, and appreciating that Booth actually listened to his conspiracy theory ("Love you, man!"... so funny). Plus, that episode illuminated something deeply personal about Booth, which was a great character development moment. Gotta love that.
Ooh! I always forget about this episode! It was the second one that I saw, and at the time I was uninformed about Bones and thought it was new. It was totally amazing, and I loved the B/B moments, the drama, and of course ... Adam Baldwin! I'm a huge Chuck fan now, and whenever I see Casey (Adam's character) I keep wanting to yell at the other people "look out! He's a BAD guy!" Hee hee. That was a really good episode, though, and I've probably seen it about 10 times or more, considering the commentary on the S1 DVD makes me laugh really hard!
word count: 266
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins