Bones 8.07 The Bod in the Pod

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
MarinaDuister
Fan

Bones 8.07 The Bod in the Pod

Post by MarinaDuister »

I'm sitting here helpless behind my laptop. It wont work. It just wont work! I tried everything, but all it let me watch are the promo's. Which are awesome already :eusa-dance:

The victim promo: Hodgins with the conspiracy? Come ooon Hodgins why are you so adorable?! :romance-smileyheart:
The funny bone promo: hahaha death in a book for toddlers? This conversation was just very weird. Like weird weird.
The suspect promo: tough one. A proffesional crime scene cleaner? I hope Hodgins finds some particulates here and will be crowned 'KING OF THE LAB' :icon-biggrin:
The boyfriend promo: Are you kidding me? "That's not what he said."? BWHAHAHAHA.... but... what's going on with Arastoo? I like him!
Further message as soon as I get this thing working, haha :)

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~
So, I decided to leave homework for what it is, and just watch Bones. Which I did. I'm still shocked on the whole Cam/Arastoo thing, but it's cute. Arastoo is cute. And Hodgins reacted WAAAAAAAAY to happy haha. But it was adorable at the same time, even I am confused of myself now :angry-banghead:

And may I just comment of TJ's hair? People say they hate his beard. Sure, it's a little lengthy during the first seasons, but I like his beard like it is now. He is one of those men who actually look good with a beard :)

And now Brennan... What was up with that? She's behaving strange the past episodes, and I do not like it. I just don't.

AND THEN THE POETRY :') Oh I don't get anything from what he (Arastoo) said, but it sounded so romantic :romance-smileyheart:

The Hodgins and Angela scenes.. Oh my :icon-redface: I'm in love with them... Loved the poetry by the way, Hodgy. You're a true artist. I totally, COMPLETELY understand Angela's reaction ;)
OH, which reminds me: I almost cried when Hodgins fell to the floor, haha. And I was angry at Arastoo for a moment for not directly going to Hodgins, but apparently he just pressed the alarm button (my bad...)

So... aside from the many Sweets parts.... OH YEAH! I find they caught the killer too quickly.. Atleast it felt quick. Or I was just REALLY enjoying Bones because it was over so quick haha :D

I love episodes like these, with more Hodgins and Angela (I LOVED THE BALCONY FANGIRLING :)) so... ME WANT MOOORE :D

xx
word count: 404
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: 8x07 ~ The Bod in the Pod

Post by stargazer »

First of all, I like Hodgins' child-like enthusiasm about "pod people" and his mention of Area 51, lol! He's like a kid playing with the laser too. Love it! :D

I like the match between Cam and Arastoo, but I have to admit that I wasn't expecting him to be Cam's new love interest. I'm not sure who I thought it would be, but I didn't think it would be any of the squints. I guess that their relationship could make work with the other squints interesting, lol! I think it's very cool that he's a poet and a romantic, just like our Hodgins. The translated poems are awesome and hilarious! Carberator, HAHAHAHA!!! And of course Hodgins' poems are quirky and romantic in their own way, no matter how little sense they made, lol! :romance-smileyheart:

I'm not sure what music they used during the scenes when the house was being taken apart, but I liked it! I normally don't like rap, but it brought a different atmosphere that I'm not sure I've seen on Bones before. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it brought an intensity and determination to their search.

I have a question that I'm not sure if anyone has an answer to, but I was curious why Booth sometimes interrogates suspects in the boardroom and other times in the more serious black interrogation room with the 2-way mirror. Is it a clue as to who is the more likely/less likely suspect? It may not mean anything, maybe it's just random or just whatever set is available for filming, but I was curious. :)

Oh and "GOTCHA!!" :icon-lol:
word count: 286
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Kathy, I think that when they talk to people in the boardroom they aren't really suspects, just 'fact finding' sort of questioning. Usually that person (like the wife last night) isn't really enough of a suspect. I think that when they go to the black interrogation room it is because they have some sort of evidence that makes them look at that person more as a suspect. Just my thinking on it anyway. :)
word count: 75
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

Yeah, I think it would be something like that. The interrigation room is so official...

BUT... I watched the scenes again in which our sweet Hodgins is reading out the poems. Here they are:

Under the heavens, fruit floats.
Love hurts, as skin yells with new shoes.
You are my carberator. ( :romance-smileyheart: )

Bacon is silent.
Listen to all that we scrub.

And then his own...

I become dullops in the sky.
I revolve like fish.
A testicle in the ferminent.

Okay I have to admit I'm not quite sure about the spelling in this. Please correct me if you can, but enjoy your poetry ^_^
xx
word count: 105
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

losersaxplayer
Fan

Post by losersaxplayer »

I love Arastoo and Cam!!!

Great Hodgins and Angela episode too. For some reason I like Sweets living with Booth and Bones. It brings a different chemistry to the show.
word count: 30
"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

MarinaDuister wrote:
Under the heavens, fruit floats.
Love hurts, as skin yells with new shoes.
You are my carberator. ( :romance-smileyheart: )

Bacon is silent.
Listen to all that we scrub.
:crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink: :crying-pink:

carburetor
dollops
firmament

:-P Sorry, I admit I'm a spelling and grammar freak. I wouldn't have said anything though if you hadn't asked. :D
word count: 53
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

My first thought on the Cam/Arastoo hook up was... no way...but I watched this episode repeatedly trying to wrap my head around it and the more I watched it the more I started feeling it. Ok, not something I would have written, I'm game to give it a try and not freak about it....lol.
The plot...just eh. Love the Hodgins/Pod scene of course. I like seeing different sides of Brennan, but I do think they are gowing a little to far too fast.
I would like to hear Arastoo's poems translated to English though....the right way...lol
word count: 105

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Ah... I can hardly get into the episodes and it's pretty sad...

Fortunately there are very good Hodgins scenes otherwise I'm not sure I'd go on watching the show.

But as some of you already know, I'm not a fan of candy love stories in anything, so I'm not really the best one to talk about episodes which are based on this. So Cam/Arastoo is certainly a very cute thing...

Brennan sounds more and more like a child, a pretty irritating one and far from what she was. I don't like this much and I admit: when she's on screen acting like this I tend to do something else rather than watch.

word count: 120
The waffle conspiracy...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 8.07 The Bod in the Pod

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, this has its good bits, but it's weak in many ways. As wise people have said before me, what on earth are they doing putting Brennan so out of character she might as well be in another dimension? Who are you and what have you done with our forensic anthropologist? Suddenly she's taking her bathroom reading seriously? Suddenly she's working a hunch? Really? And 'gotcha' at the dénouement? This is just crass writing. I can't believe she'd be allowed to keep accusing someone in that way without any kind of evidence. Even the evidence they did find was very dubious, and all in the last five minutes or so.

So I am going to dismiss the case as humdrum and poorly plotted, but I did like all the investigations, with Hodgins and Angela leading the pack as usual and the former in hog's heaven with the chance to speculate about 'pod people' and Area 51, use a laser ("you know you're gonna use the laser, you don't have to justify it to me."), do an experiment with turkeys and analyse a good many exciting particulates. Nevertheless I wasn't convinced either that an experienced guy like him would ever lean over into an unexamined gelatinous mess without any kind of protective covering. This too was out of character and done for purely comic effect, leading up to Brennan's acerbic," Do not fall into the evidence, it will only add to your humiliation." So unnecessary.

The whole thing suffered from lack of balance because too much emphasis was placed on the budding Cam/Arastoo romance. And how badly the writers wanted everyone to feel romantic, with the beautiful twinkly lights and flowers scenario. And the heavy-handed poetry. Corny! And cheesy. About the only redeeming features to this were Hodgins' wonderful joyous reaction at catching the illicit pair together (it's so right. He has been like this about every secret relationship he's spotted. "People always have something to hide" is of course a very appropriate statement for a truth seeker of his kind) and the hilarious Net translations of the poetry. I relate to the latter as I have a long history of trying to stop pupils from using Google translate for their essay work. Individual words, maybe, whole sentences, especially if you have misspelt something, NO. I also loved Angela's reaction as she managed to worm the details out of Jack. It's a bit of a cheek expecting him to tell her everything when she has historically not always been upfront with him, but, as she says, what kind of carburettor would she be if she didn't forgive him?

"So," Arastoo sums up to Cam at the end,"you wanna tell everyone but you don't want anyone to know. It's poetic."
Son no.2 snorts over my shoulder. "Yeah right - it's poetic in that it doesn't make any sense!" He's a great summariser, my son no.2.

PS I thought Sweets was in Parker's room? Where's the Wolverine bedding?
word count: 522
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

MariaDiaper
Fan

Re: Bones 8.07 The Bod in the Pod

Post by MariaDiaper »

One of my favourite episodes, mainly because of the fainting :P I like how that gave TJ extra screentime. And I was laughing at him asking Brennan if the male was human at the start and talking about Pod People, was so funny!
word count: 42
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.