Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Akarana
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Akarana »

Season 4, season 4, let me think....

"My mother - she was here. I can feel it. Smell that? The room smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5"
or another favorite: "What are you doing?"- "Will you just stand still?" :romance-heartsthree:
word count: 39
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Akarana wrote:Season 4, season 4, let me think....

"My mother - she was here. I can feel it. Smell that? The room smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5"
or another favorite: "What are you doing?"- "Will you just stand still?" :romance-heartsthree:
Aww GG.. love it.. haven't seen the DVD in a while..

First quote if I'm not mistaken is (can't remember the episode's name) but it's when Rory's dorm room had a make over.. priceless remark lol

Sherry, sorry if I by mistake gave credit to Jade and not you, as for the Fearless leader.. (bowing my head in shame and accepts any purnishment you may seem fair) :shifty:
word count: 114

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

But you know what GG quote I think about the most? The one from Lorelai, when she cried and said:
"You know there are very few times in my life when I find myself sitting around, thinking "I wish I was married," but today, I mean...I'm happy. You know? I like my life. I like my friends,.I like my stuff. My time, my space, my TV.But every now and then, just for a moment, I wish I had a partner, someone to pick up the slack. Someone to wait for the cable guy, make me coffee in the morning, meet the stupid sink before it gets sent back to Canada."

a.) I can sympathize with that because I know the feeling. So true. There are days like that when I SO wish I was married for similar reasons.
And b.) I really hoped that by the end of the show she had that and I wanted her to be married by the end.
word count: 167

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone!! Since Steph isn't here, I need to say, if we are actually going to discuss Gilmore Girls, we need to do that over on the random thread. I know I started it and it was just a natural progression but actually discussing the show isn't supposed to be here. :mrgreen: I'm just starting all sorts of trouble and Steph hasn't even been gone a whole day!!! :lol: :whistle:
word count: 72
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Well, Sharon, we can blame YOU so all is well in my world ;)
word count: 13

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

HAHAHA then I can go on with another good thing :D

Couldn't resist to add this link of something I did today, it was waaaaay tioo good!!! :D

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll17 ... 010157.jpg

Mmmmm, enjoy it, enjoy it!!!! :D

I did too much of them... sigh! I think I'll have to freeze some of them... :mrgreen:

:happy-jumpeveryone:

Véro
word count: 59
The waffle conspiracy...

Moonstar28
Fan
It’s my birthday

Post by Moonstar28 »

Hi everyone,

first of all, I am so sorry I have been off for so long; I had to spend time in a clinic in a clean room so no netbook allowed and no wireless in the sucky room anyways :(

But now I am out and free, have been for about three weeks, but been playing catch-up at work and also juggling medication on the weekends as well as overtime and stuff I ahven't had the chance to take a break.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you... I am out of the worse phase and all I have to do now is just get through four more weeks of treatment and everything should be back to normal... blood tests have been coming back with very good results and the dosage has been reduced so if I am lucky it may be less than four weeks :pray:

To those who have befriended me in facebook; since my family don't know what I have been going through, I don't mention it on there... not because I am scared, but because I don't want to worry them; I know that with all your support and knowing you were all here for me, I was able to get through it... I was able to sneak in a few times since I have been out of the clinc, but not had time to post anything until today... My facebook is not updated very often... I use it mainly to follow TJ and my other fav shows and my family since it is hard living away from them and they at least know that I am still alive (my family never call me)...

Anyway, sorry for the long post and the blabbling on and the sob story (boohoo), again thanks all of you... sucks I missed TJ but I hope to be online for the next one!

I'm back everyone! :dance:
word count: 324

Skye
Fan

Post by Skye »

Well, Hi Guys

Where do i start, My name is Amber Skye i was born 3 months prem and it was thought that i wouldnt make it to two, but here i am at the ripe old age of 20 and i am doing JUST FINE!!
I live half of the year in london and half in Manchester, im a music student, i do two different courses at two duifferent unis!! My dream in life is to work in musical theatre (im am waaay not good enough) My main passion in life is Jazz music.. it is my life i guess!! I have the most AMAZING friends Jess and RObbie who have been there for me through my dad dying and my sisters luchemia... three years ago I was involved in a car accident and needed an operation on my brain, they thought i was going to be brain damaged but i had an AMAZING surgeon who looked weirdly like Dr shepard from grays anatomy, anyway, he basically saved my life, and im fine now... but i never go out near roads at night without someone with me, EVER. My Big amazing sister is called Danni and she is aweome and my little sister is called amelie, my brave little pixie. I have an awesome boyfriend, not the best looker in the world, but i love him because he is him and i wouldnt want anyone else... He is weirdly called Jack.. I sing in a Jazz band cxalled the night riders and we rule... we are a jazz funk band and the bass guitarist flo is one of the nicest guys...
Basicaslly thats my life, if you have any questions dont hesitate being nosey!! I love it!!
Amber!! xxxxxxxxxxxx
word count: 290

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Moonstar28 wrote:Hi everyone,

.. blood tests have been coming back with very good results and the dosage has been reduced so if I am lucky it may be less than four weeks :pray:

To those who have befriended me in facebook; since my family don't know what I have been going through, I don't mention it on there...

I'm back everyone! :dance:

Emmaaaaaaa! :happy-cheerleaderkid: I'm so happy to hear that you're better, I was so worried when I didn't hear from you again after the last email. So glad the blood tests look good and I :pray: with you that in four weeks everything will looks so much better for you! :romance-grouphug:

And don't worry, I won't mention anything on Fb. You already told me once that your family doesn't know that's why I didn't post anything on your wall asking how you are.

Glad to have you back here, neighbor! :D
word count: 157

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Look at my little tonight's encounter in the woods :D

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll17 ... 010163.jpg
word count: 18
The waffle conspiracy...

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Welcome back, Emma! I'm glad that you're doing well. :)

And welcome to Amber! I hope you like it here. This is a really great group. TJ & the MODs are wonderful.
word count: 32
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll17 ... 010160.jpg

Forgot to add the picture of this... There's enough for everyone!!! :D

Waaaaaah... Friday allready... Holidays are almost over for me... And I'm glad of it! It's been the worse holidays ever!!! :D I'm glad it's over and I'll be able to focus on something else!!! I'll be fully back in the search for work too!!! Have seen 10 pretty interesting offers at least, and so, resumes have to be sent now!
None of them are in my area, so if I have one, I'll move once again. I'll keep you up tu date, of course ;)

Back at work next week!!!

Véro
word count: 118
The waffle conspiracy...

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Oh boy, Vero, job search....

I have to do that as well now and I'm so nervous I don't even want to look at stuff, mainly because I don't know what I want.
Do I want to teach? Stay here? Go abroad? Work in a cultural field? Do linguistic research? It would so much easier if I had a job like "teacher" "lawyer" or so and not something so vague where you can do anything and nothing with. Decisions, decisions... can someone please decide for me? That would be so much easier.

Oh and I wish you luck for your applications, vero!
word count: 105

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

Hi everyone!!!!

Its been a while since I posted here. I did catch up on everyone's life though. There's probably just too much to mention in one post though. But you guys are always on my mind, since I know a lot of you are going through good times and bad, I constantly keep you all in my thoughts.

I'm going through a lot of changes on my end. I've been working on getting and anxiety problem with food under control....I finally went to the doctor last week, so that's the first step. My doc put me on a medication and I've been told to try and exercise more and work on relaxation (deep breathing, yoga etc). I started to work on it a bit this week...I'm feeling hopeful and excited about getting more active.

The good news is that through all this I applied for another job and got it! I work at Seneca College in Toronto, Canada but there was an opportunity to apply to another campus opening. Closer to home, better hours ( I get my weekends back...and I get to quit my retail job I've been at for 6 years!!!!!!!) and better pay. Turns out I was a shoe in, and didn't even really need and interview...just a meet and talk haha! I'm so lucky.

I hope that with the new hours and time off I'll be able to post more and catch up!

P.s. I've been telling everyone about Saturday with TJ :D I'm still thinking about it. A lot of people are mentioning how amazing he his to do this for his fans and how nice of a guy he must be. I agree!

So thanks again to TJ, Sharon and Steph. Seriously...good job!

word count: 307

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

P.s Totally re-watched my favorite episodes of Bones last night *cough* at work *cough*

Boy in the shroud and Aliens in a Spaceship.

*sigh* I love Bones....

*longer sigh* I love TJ and his acting.
word count: 37

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

*Joins in sigh*

Oh, TJ..
word count: 5
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*waves* Hi all, back home at last, missed you even over a couple of days but hey, you behaved and I see the place is nice and tidy!

As usual ,missed loads, so:
Great pics, Véro, keep it up! And good luck with the job hunting. Same to you, Jessi, as you embark on this difficult stage; I hope someone recognises your worth really quickly. Shannon - congratulations on the new job, well done! Don't be self-deprecating; you have to show some talent for a promotion like that. Well done also for starting to get to grips with controlling the food anxiety. They say recognising it is the first step, but I think it takes additional courage to go find some experts to help deal with it - all the best to you. Amber - welcome again, it's great to know more about you and also that you're occasionally near my part of the world. Wow what a complex life you lead. And Emma, it is encouraging and delightful to have you back with us. We have all been quietly worried here. Good to see you so positive.

Me, well; comfortable and uneventful 6-hour journey to my parents on the Essex coast where it all looks very pretty and the sun is shining hard. But things remain worrying, with both my mum and dad ever frailer and Mum in particular upset that she has neither the strength nor the breath to keep the house as pristine as she used to. We blitzed the carpets and curtains throughout the ground floor and cleaned and disinfected the whole of the kitchen while we were there, so she's feeling a lot better about the way things look. But I fail to understand why my other siblings, who live nearer, if not round the corner, can't go in, even every month or so, and help out a bit. One of my brothers 'lives in' with my parents and works from home and does what he can, but his workload is massive and he's pretty stressed out more or less all the time. It's hard, but we do our best.
word count: 362
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

my prof is driving me crazy!
Over a week ago I send out the printed version of my thesis to the university. It's made as a book and printed out and cost me some money.
A few days later I got an email where he requested that I send the thesis as pdf to his email account since he's abroa and can't read the printed version in time (leaving aside the fact that he isn't allowed to leave while the exam phase is still on).
He send me a mail back saying thanks when I send it over and now today I get an email from his assistant where she forwarded me one of his emails asking her if she had the pdf version of my thesis, because obviously he "lost" his. How can you lose a masters thesis that you have to grade?! And an electronic version that is! Now I send the thesis out for the third (!) time.

Gah! :x
word count: 165

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

OMG!!! I knew what you meant by oii with the poodles already but I didn't know from where hahaha, GG! Of Course!

And I just watched the season four finale, with the "what are you doing" "will you just stand still" haha, ahh, so cute :D
word count: 46
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Oi, with the poodles already!

Haha. I love GG.
(:
word count: 9
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.