Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*HUGS Steph and brings her more tea* :D
word count: 7

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

*hugs Sherry back*

*hugs Steph*

Thanks, Sherry! I needed a hug. Paid 400 EUR to get my car fixed. :( But, well, still cheaper than a new one. But before Christmas that's a huge amount, because I already spent some money to buy Christmas presents. So I need to save a bit the next months.

At least I have the Christmas presents for the kids. Was fun, a little stressful. Had an interesting conversation with a toy store staff member about the game "Diego Drachenzahn" and looked everywhere for a Carrera Go! Disney Cars edition. Which was sold out everywhere I looked this week. So, after a long day looking for it here I ended up in front of my computer and ordered it at Amazon.

So, vacation is over. Gotta go to work again tomorrow. Will be a long week 'cause I heard that one of my co-workers was sick so I guess no one did a bit of my work.

Gonna relax a bit now and watch TV.
See you later!
word count: 174
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

hello, lovely ladies!!!
Oh, my goodness, it's been so long.
I don't really know why I'd been gone so long...
I think it's because I'd be tempted to read your views on the episodes... My flash plugin is busted, and I don't have local channels on my tv, so I can't watch them. :(

I've missed you all dearly, and I'll do my best to read back on you all xD

hugs
word count: 80
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

I seem to have missed the hug-fest this weekend. -hugs everyone- I love the love around here. Hope you all had a good weekend.
word count: 25
Apparently all Angela needed was to hear her job description in a deep African-American tone. - Zack Addy

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

Granted, it's not waffle hunting... but I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
word count: 18
Apparently all Angela needed was to hear her job description in a deep African-American tone. - Zack Addy

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:lol: Dee that is insane. :doh:

SHERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY look what I found in the smilies here! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:orcs-buttshake: :orcs-buttshake: :orcs-buttshake: :orcs-buttshake:
word count: 21
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You both have far too much time on your hands y'know!!! :lol: :shock:
word count: 12
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well I don't have class for a week, so maybe that is true! LOL
word count: 15
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

My job is boring during the holidays... I need something exciting.
word count: 11

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, you are insane and I love you for it. :mrgreen: But I will not get up on my desk at school and do the butt dance! Heeeheheheeee.
word count: 27

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Never say never Sherry. Everyone has her price! :twisted:
word count: 8

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

*nods* You're right, Steph. You just never know... :shhh: :oops: :dance: :mrgreen:
word count: 10

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just in case I ever find out your price, which do you prefer, the green butt dance or the yellow one? :P :P :twisted:
word count: 22

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

I may not be good at waffle hunting but today thanks to Angela I found Reece peanut butter cups. I had milk chocolate and white chocolate ones. Lets just say that I’m pleased that only 2 cups come in one pack as they are sssssooooo Moorish. mmmmmmmmm

Ali :P
word count: 49

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

No-one ever seems to be about when I stop by lately; I might pop in over the weekend to see if I can catch up with anyone. I am buzzing (it doesn’t take much); my first blog is up on SyFy.co.uk not that exciting I know but hey there isn’t much else going on at the mo. The first one is Warehouse 13 centric; if anyone fancies a look it’s at http://www.syfy.co.uk/blog/warehouse-13-vendetta-review. All comments welcome good or bad; only way for me to get better.

Anyway, catch you later

Jude x
word count: 108

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Hi everyone! It's been a while, I've been pretty busy with work and life. Started a new account for work which is going really well so far. I started a blog (which isn't at all interesting, don't read it) and it's kind of therapeutic to write stuff down. I love reading all the different blogs too, major time suckage though! Anyone here have one?

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Mine was kind of stressful due to having to work with 2 restless kids all day--I never actually got to eat anything but snack-type stuff. But the rest of the weekend is looking better because my kids are staying with their grandparents until Sunday! :dance: Plan to finish decorating the house (tree is already up) and get some serious cleaning done. Or I may sit around between work and watch the sappy Hallmark/ABC Family holiday movies, we'll see. Watched one called "Holiday in Handcuffs" the other day. Cheesy with predictable happy ending=perfect. :romance-inlove:

Hope everyone is doing great! ((Hugs))
word count: 176
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Actually doesn't sound too bad a Thanksgiving to me, I know kids can be a stress but they make these festivals even more meaningful (son no.1 home from uni next Friday, can't wait!!), and it does sound like you have a fun weekend lined up -great chick flicks and enjoying the Christmas ambiance you've created. Kudos to you - I have no idea when we'll have time to put up our decorations!

The blog thing, well yes I'd be not at all bored to read your blog. And you really ought to glance at Jude's, which she mentioned in the post just prior to yours. It is a pearl of excellence in the review world, entertaining, informative and with just a touch of the loopy personality we all know and fear!! lol well done Jude! I look forward to the next one!
word count: 148

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Thanks Steph, yea you pretty much described me there! My piccie and blurb will hopefully be up in time for my next blog and I reckon you'll like the blurb its very me. I posted on Eddie's FB wall to say he (or anyone who read the post) could have a look and all comments welcome, good or bad. I was actually expecting maybe something from a couple of the people who post but Eddie posted, his actual comment was that he'd read the piece and it was fine work. So that was kinda cool seeing it was about his work.

Next blogs will be W13 A-Z, review of epi 'Where and When' and a piece about Eddie's art. Pete from the site said he ask for stuff from time to time as well so that will be harder as it probably won't be W13 related but it's all good practice.

Anyway, should be writing today but have a REALLY bad headache so chilling with a cup of tea.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 181

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Aawwww feel better soon, Jude. <<hug>>
word count: 6

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello everyone! :) I have to go back to school on Wednesday for 2 days then have finals next week! And my interview because I moved it to next week (its with my French teacher, I have to talk to her in French GULP LOL)

So, tonight I went to see Beauty and the Beast, the musical on stage. I've seen it before, I know its based on the Disney movie, and I knew there would be children there. But....before the show starts, this man and his 4 year old daughter are two rows ahead of us, but she can't see so a man and woman sitting next to me kindly offer to let them sit in their seats. I guess I should have known what was coming when the man then picks the child up and puts her OVER the seats and then climbs over the seats himself and does this until he gets to our row. :shock: We were on the side of the theater by the way, there were only about 10 seats per row but nope, he couldn't just walk around, PLOP CLIMB PLOP CLIMB and then plop the girl in the seat next to me, not caring that she is KICKING ME!!! :evil: The girl is finally settled and then I hear him say "ARE YOU READY TO SING?" to the child. I'm thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOO you do NOT sing in the theater. This isn't some pantomime, its the THEATRE (and yes I spelled it that way on purpose that time). Sadly, the show starts and the man, not the child, THE GROWN MAN, sits and explains to her what is going on and TALKS WITH THE NARRATOR!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: and...he sings with the songs. The whole first half, I am trying to watch the show and hear these talented performers that I paid A LOT OF MONEY to see, and I get the children amateurs hour! Looks from me, from my brother, from the man and the woman and the 6 year old girl (who was wearing a Belle dress and tiara and yet she knew to just sit and watch the show and not talk! LOL) sitting in front of this rude man made no difference. He just keeps talking, "Oh, look, Belle is sad" "oooh see the machine" "Oooh look, look at the candlesticks"<---this one was during the "Be Our Guest" scene and THERE WERE NO CANDLESTICKS they were KNIVES. FORKS-SPOONS-KNIVES. Bet the 4 year old understood that but not this man. LOL Anyway, I loved the show but could have done without the rude commentary from a man that apparently thinks his daughter is an idiot. She knew the words to the songs, she knew who Belle and the Beast and even Gaston were, do you REALLY think she didn't understand what was going on? She's 4 not a moron. Luckily the girl wanted to sit next to mommy for the second half (whyyyyyyyyyy couldn't she sit next to mommy in the first place???) and they moved, two wonderful rows behind us where I could not hear them. YAY!!! (and yes, he did climb over the seats to get back to where "mommy" was sitting as well, even though it was intermission and a lot of people in our row had gone out already. LOL)
word count: 561