Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

@Sharon You have a lot of patience. I would have said something. I’ve seen that show to it’s a great show. Glad you got to enjoy the second half. :)

Ali :)
word count: 32

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Sharon, so cool that you got to see that. My son loves Beauty and the Beast! I would have said something; you have too much patience. :shifty: :violence-stickwhack: :whistle:
word count: 29
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ang, I'm sure your son would love the stage show if he likes the movie. Its not exactly like it, they've changed some things, of course had to cut things out but added songs and it is sooooo funny and great! And the transformation at the end is so cool! And you would be amazed to see the dance they do to the Gaston song, all the townspeople are part of that, and its fabulous!!

I've actually seen the stage show twice now, once in 2001 in Oklahoma and then the other night. I love musicals and live theater. I'd go more often if I had the money and more shows would come that I'm interested in. Spamalot is going to be here in January but tickets are expensive so I'm going to have miss that one. :(
word count: 143
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Ok, I have a question. This is going to drive me insane until I find out who did it, erm said it. I know someone did and I'm not sure who or when but they did. I just want to make sure that I'm not going crazy and thinking one thing that is the other thing and that wouldn't be good. I would like to know who was talking about Tim Tams a while ago in the chat. :) I found some caramel ones today at the store and I could have sworn they were foreign. :) Haven't gotten a chance to taste them cuz the cat is purring in my lap but as soon as he's down, i'll be back to grab them. :) Spoiled kitty.
word count: 130

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

jusbcuzz wrote:Ok, I have a question. This is going to drive me insane until I find out who did it, erm said it. I know someone did and I'm not sure who or when but they did. I just want to make sure that I'm not going crazy and thinking one thing that is the other thing and that wouldn't be good. I would like to know who was talking about Tim Tams a while ago in the chat. :) I found some caramel ones today at the store and I could have sworn they were foreign. :) Haven't gotten a chance to taste them cuz the cat is purring in my lap but as soon as he's down, i'll be back to grab them. :) Spoiled kitty.

LOL ME Tim Tam’s are an Aussie Chocolate Biscuit. MMMM Caramel…… Enjoy and if you want a very messy chocolate experience make a cup of coffee and poke the end of the tim tam in the coffee and suck it though the tim tam lol give it a go. :dance:
word count: 182

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Yummy. It literally made me stop in my tracks when I saw them. I knew where I'd heard of them but couldn't remember who was talking about them, lol.
word count: 31

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Sigh… :? I’m writing my own reference letters and as one of the people I’ve ask her comp is broken so I spoke to her on the phone and ask her questions and wrote what she told me and I’m doing it for the second person as well. It’s the only way as I really need to hand it in and if I didn’t they would take there sweet **** time :!: I wish I new more people and ones I didn’t work with. :|
word count: 87

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, are you done with your classes yet? How'd it go?

I am sooooooo tired. :sleeping-yellow: Just turned in my big final project on Monday night and have my final exam this coming Monday. Whew. Looking forward to taking a breather. Especially because I've been sick since the day before Thanksgiving and it's not getting any better because I've been staying up verrrry late every night working on my project. I need some sleep!

All this madness, it's all worth it, right? :mrgreen:

Anyway, hope you all are healthy and well.

I send hugs!

Sherry
word count: 98
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry!!! :happy-bouncymulticolor: I've been worried about you! Was wondering last night where you've been but had to study for my French test and didn't want to come to the computer (because its evil and distracts me ;) ) I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. GET SOME SLEEP!!!! :x Does that mean face make you want to obey???

Yes, finished with my classes, my last final was this morning. :D

Steph is sick too, as is her husband, and sounds bad, so really hoping things look up for both of them as well.

word count: 94
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your final exams, Sharon! :dance: Whoo! I'm sure you did wonderfully.

Yep, I'm sick. I just keep coughing and coughing and coughing until my abs hurt and my chest hurts and I want to take a nap. A long, long nap. I'm hoping it will go away very soon. I will try to obey that scary face icon of yours! LOL. Just have to get through one more class (one test) and then I can rest, and concentrate on other, more fun things.

*HUGS*

*brings Steph and her husband some tea* Get well soon, everyone and anyone who's been under the weather!
word count: 108

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Sherry. I really hope the nasty cough goes away soon. You need to finish your class and get better so we can have a marathon late night chat! HAHAHA But you have to be healthy for that! (See more incentive to get some rest? ;) )

I really hope the warm tea helps Steph, and make sure you give a lot of that tea to Ian too because he's apparently not well at all. Miss you and hope you are both well soon Steph!! :(
word count: 84

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Hello everyone! How are you?
Again I haven't been here in a while. I sometimes checked the chatbox but sadly every time I was here no one else seemed to be.
I really have to catch up and see what's been going on here.
Congrats to those who finished exams! I think I read that while looking over the posts.

Me, I still haven't managed to get used to my schedule, which means I usually sleep until 8, read and reply to emails, take a shower and do I- don't- know- what until 12, then eat breakfast (yes, breakfast), then go to work and come home around 7pm or later. I eat, read, check my mail again and lately I've been watching Miss Marple or Poirot movies while all the shows I watch didn't show any new episodes.

Right now we're planning a Christmas party for the kids at work and I'm supposed to come up with fun games for them, but my mind is completely blank. Any ideas?
word count: 177
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Project is done. Got good grade. 97 out of 100 points.

Final exam is done. Got good grade. Only 4 wrong on the test.

Class is over at last. I enjoyed it, but I'm fried.

Unfortunately, I'm still sick. :confusion-seeingstars: And I'm sick of being sick! :angry-cussingwhite: I'm soooo tired. :sleeping-sleeping:

And that is what has been going on with me.

How are all of YOU? :D
word count: 67

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Sherry! So sorry you are still sick. CONGRATS ON THE GREAT GRADES THOUGH!!! :happy-bouncyred: Basically all I'm doing is chores that were left until I had time and now there is no school I unfortunately have time! And getting ready for Christmas.

Hi Jessi! Really good to see you too. Sorry it has taken awhile to respond. How did your Christmas party for the kids go? Or has that not happened yet? I don't have any ideas for games-hope you came up with something!

Sharon
word count: 88

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: Congratulations Sherry!!! :D
I hope you'll feel better soon... Big hugs! :-)

Well, for the latest news : I'm stuck at home due to icy snowy roads!!! :D I have seen no car in my street this morning and I can't open my car's doors (thanks a lot ice...).

So, I'll be late this morning at work and not sure I could work at the pool tonight. I'm supposed to have a huge day today : 8:30-->17:00 as an assistant and 18:00 --> 22:15 working at the pool... But if there's too much snow and ice, I'm not sure about tonight... Last time it took me 2 hours to drive the 25km from work to my house. Fun!

Ok, let's see if I can do it today :-)

Véro
word count: 137
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

CONGRATS, Sherry! :greetings-clappingorange: What was the test about? Sorry if you wrote about it earlier and I missed it! And I really hope you're feeling better, soon!

Jude, Steph and Ian, hope you are feeling better, too!!!

I only have one more week at work and then I'm off for this year!!! :dance: Looking forward to this vacation! Looking forward to spend Christmas with my family. Don't know what I will do on New Year's Eve. What plans do you guys have? Thinking about going somewhere. But there's such a bad weather here. Don't know if I can and afraid that I couldn't return on time. Don't know yet! Hey, maybe Paris! :wink: But alone in Paris on New Year's Eve ... that's sad! Well, we'll see! If nothing comes up I'm gonna watch BONES season 5.
word count: 145
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves at Simone* My test was for a class called "Advanced web design and development," so it was all about web design, CSS, site layout, SEO, all that sort of thing, basically about all the pieces that help to make up a web site.

As for feeling better... sadly, no. In fact, I caved and went to a walk-in clinic this afternoon, to get checked over. Unfortunately, the doctor says I'm thisclose to getting Bronchitis, so she insisted on all sorts of medicine. An inhaler for a few days, something to help me with this terrible coughing, and an antibiotic. Yuck. I'm waiting for the ever-so-slow pharmacy to fill the prescriptions so I can pick them up in a few hours and start taking stuff tonight, maybe finally start to feel some relief. *dramatic sigh* :D

How's everyone else feeling? Steph, Jude, are you better? Steph, how's Ian? *HUGS HUGS HUGS*

Simone, I hope you have a FANTASTIC time off from work! Yay!

Véro, were you finally able to get into your car?? Thanks for the hugs! I send 'em right back to you.

P.S. Sharon, I miss our late night chats. *HUGS* to you!
word count: 203
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

*waves back at Sherry* Sending you a big hug! Hope the medicine works! Get well, soon.
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi everyone

Back at work this week, still coughing but nowhere near as bad and I have my voice back (not entirely sure everyone thinks thats a good thing). This weather is so beyond unfunny though, trains here just don't do snow and ice so bussing it with the entire population of Liverpool who are apparently still shopping for Christmas (now I know what sardines feel like!).

Missed the work Xmas do with being sick but we're going to the pub Thursday lunchtime so that should be ok. Hoping the weather will change before the races on the 30th but not holding my breath.

The Eddie McClintock art review I wrote is up on syfy.co.uk so that's cool. Thanks again to Steph for providing me with comments before I sent it off (Steph if you read it on the site you'll notice some was cut because of the religious debate). I sent Eddie the link and I got a cool message saying he loved it so that was good.

Anyway our house is a bit like Grinchville (severe lack of deccies as I couldn't be bothered after being ill). Xmas will descend on Friday at 19:00 when (if I can get myeslf sorted to get the drink in) I will be curled up on the couch with chocolate and alcoholic snowballs watching the Xmas epi of Warehouse 13 (bliss).

I will pop over to the Xmas thread before the weekend to wish everyone Happy Holidays.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 258

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

..but the religious material was some of the best there! Pooh, silly editors. Glad it got its rightful place though.

Jude, I'm so pleased you are better. Sounds like you have had just the same thing as Ian and I have had, and believe me I sympathise with the not-feeling-like-doing-anything. That hour-long journey to town on Monday to get presents in the freezing cold was purgatory, I mean really, after the lethargy and the illness. Ian is still coughing badly but seems to have recovered ability to move and desire to eat. Apparently people have been speculating about it being swine flu (!) as there have been several confirmed cases locally. Anyhoo - have a great time, we will be in touch. Card coming your way as I actually managed to get them posted!
word count: 138
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro