Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

I guess it's never to late! I just don't have the guts to start something new! :?
word count: 18
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

thanks for the encouragement guys!! :-)

I think I am going to super seriously look into it more and apply for next years intake.

scary stuff.

llama
word count: 26

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi Llama,

I think you should totally go for it.. if you dont' then you'll properly regret it later on.

let us know how it works out.. Forensic science, sounds really interesting.. sometimes I wish I paid more attention in all the science related classes and wasen't so screamish, I would properly be doing something different than sitting at a desk working with export.. although I like my job - doing what I wanted to do while being in business school..
word count: 82

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: WOOHOOOOOO INTERNET IS BACK AT HOME!!!!
Isn't it a great great day???
Some good reasons to be happy today :
1) TJ's birthday, this is the best thing that could happen on a 7th march :-)
2) Internet back at home, but no idea where they got the money, I haven't paid them... Mystery... I'll have to check my acounts and see where they got that from :D But I'm so happy!!!
3) :happy-sunny: sun is shining, that's a good reason to be happy :happy-smileyflower:
4) I have some sewing projects and I'm willing to make them as soon as possible :mrgreen:
5) I have tons of things to read from TJ :D I've missed him, but at least there's enough to read :mrgreen:

Oh, Ange, it's never too late! I totaly agree with our friends, age doesn't matter at all :-) Do what you wish and have no regrets :wink:

I'm so happy to be back here!!! I missed this so cosy sofa and all the cool people here and the great atmosphere here!!! I've brought some tea and waffles to celebrate this, feel free to take some, there's enough for everyone!!! :D

So, big big hugs to you all and let's chat later (^_^)

Véro
word count: 211
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Just need to say this here, too. Found a postcard today and it said:

A friend is someone who knows you and likes you anyway!

Just love it!

Good night! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 30

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Verooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't believe a thing people tell you from the party. HEE HEE

I'm so glad to see you back on here. Missed you!!!

And again, Simone that really is true. And I do count you all as my friends, you are all AWEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE . :D :D
word count: 46
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

llamalah wrote:thanks for the encouragement guys!! :-)

I think I am going to super seriously look into it more and apply for next years intake.

scary stuff.

llama
Yay!! So excited for you Ange! you can do it!!!
word count: 38
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

YEah Vero!!!!!!! Glad you are back!!

Ange, do it yesterday. Seriously. One my my biggest regrets is not sticking with art and/or science in college. While I'm grateful for my job (the paycheck/flexibility with kids) I'm pretty miserable with the job itself. If you have the opportunity to do what you really want to do then go for it!!
word count: 63
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

:D
Thanks for all the encouragement. I talked to a friend today and she guessed what I was going to suggest before I even told her.. thats gotta be a good sign.

Going to start with a bridging course so I can rehash all the chemistry from high school that I have now forgotten and probably apply for semester two start - if its available - if not, then apply for sem 1 2012.
Im kinda very excited about this new and crazy path.
word count: 81

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

llamalah, it is never too late to go back to school! :) Here's a tidbit for you - the average age of the community college student is 27. I don't know if you're looking to go to University or start out at a community college (like I'm doing - cheaper, smaller classes, etc - it's my preferred method of getting through Chemistry!), but I wish you the best of luck. I'm going into microbiology, and it certainly feels like a fairly long road to get there. But I'll get there, and so will you. :)
word count: 97

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

Random thought of the day:

There really needs to be more chocolate in my life today.

Just sayin'. ;)

[I suspect a Reese's PB cup is in my near future. How about yours?]
word count: 33

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

Today's thought:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

A little sad tonight, inexplicably. So I'll get back to writing this paper. It's going to be an all-nighter, for sure.
word count: 47

Moonstar28
Fan

Post by Moonstar28 »

Hiya all,

wow it has been such a long time since I updated... let's see what's been going on in my life...

Good news first, blood tests are all coming back good so no more cancer for me *does dance* :dance:
Work has been very busy due to the new hardware coming out this month... want one but can't afford it at the moment.
Apartment: well roof is fixed and walls are being painted in the colour of my choice on Monday and then I can (finally) finish arranging my place to the way I want it :clap:
Weight loss is going well, hope to be at my goal weight for the end of the year so keep your fingers crossed... love weight watcher meetings and online is great to have too.
Knee recovery is still kinda slow... has been nearly a year since my operation and I still have a lot to do but hope to be strong enough to be able to sing, dance, cheer and backflip for my show by the end of the year :/
Other news, my ex bf got with my best friend (now ex best friend) last October (before I went on holiday, but she decided not to tell me until after my holiday so she was hiding it from me and stuff) even though she knew I still had feelings for him (I also found out how much of a backstabbing b***h she is since she told him stuff I told her in confidence!) and also only 4 weeks after we broke up... they are now engaged... haven't done anything stupid or crazy, it is so not worth my time! On that note am still single... want to sort myself out first before getting into any kind of relationship...
That's it really... guess I spoke about myself too much for one post... hope you are all okay?

Loads of hugs, kisses and chocolate cake,
Emma
word count: 326

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:happy-smileyflower: Hey Emma!!!

:dance: Woohoo!!! That's an amazing news about the cancer!!! I'm so happy for you (^_^)
Hang on about the weight loss, I don't know how much you want to lose, but never lose your goal :wink:
:roll: Knee : well, you know this is a very important part of your body, it has to support all that is above, so that's why the recovery is so long :geek:
:violence-hammer: Ex Bf and best friend... Well I guess this is why they both are ex right now... It's not about you, just that he wasn't the right one and your friend wasn't the best finaly... You'll find someone great who diserves you when you are ready :wink:

I'm glad you are back here with us :D
:text-welcomewave: back :wink:

Véro
word count: 130
The waffle conspiracy...

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

Everyone cheer, for I actually got out and made it to the gym this morning. 1st time this year. :D I have a wedding that I'm going to be in in October, so I'm trying to lose some inches and tone up a bit. :)

Woohoo for me!
word count: 48

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Emma, Callie, I am so pleased for the successes that are taking place in your lives. Emma, the personal bad things? Use them to help you grow. Not all the other people you meet are going to deserve your friendship and love, so wait and find those who do - it'll be worth it.

All those who put down their heartfelt feelings about the Japanese earthquake/tsunami (and its crippling impact on the thousands affected) in this thread - don't worry, they haven't disappeared, I've just shifted them to the 'Disaster and Aftermath' thread in this forum. Such thoughts - and such people as those who are suffering - really do merit their own area of expression.

As usual Saturday has come round before I am actually able to blink and get a few jobs done round the place, so sorry for that, but I see you are all keeping the forums well occupied and alive. So pleased we are getting Bones reviews too!

Personally my life has just consisted almost entirely of singing this week; I am very lucky to have a voice at all, what with trying to teach in between. Last Saturday I took part in a concert organised by my singing teacher - a small-scale affair to give us and, particularly, her new puils, some performance time. My voice was fairly destroyed at the time so I spent the whole day sucking and inhaling various remedies and managed to turn in a more creditable selection of solos, duets and ensembles than I had at the Thursday rehearsal. Sunday was church choir, always a strain when I'm tired because hymns are not high enough for me to sing comfortably! Then Monday and Wednesday this week I had major evening rehearsals for the BIG concert coming up tomorrow. This is a performance of two taxing and well known works at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall with the combined forces of my school choir, my own choral society and another big local choral society and will take up most of tomorrow afternoon and evening with rehearsal and performance – it takes half an hour just to get the huge numbers assembled on stage. Then Friday was church choir again with all the Easter music. Hubby has developed a slight head cold and I have a horrible feeling he is passing it on to me; but he has more to worry about than I do, as over the last 3 days he has been playing the title role in Gilbert and Sullivan’s ‘Mikado’ (excellently by all accounts – I get to see it tonight). You can imagine that we have been like ships passing in the night all week. A meal together will be a real luxury but won’t happen until we eat as a family between rehearsal and performance tomorrow!

Oh yes – and my job – responsibility, rather – has changed at work, or will change at the start of next academic year. I’ve made a sideways move to take over the running of our Peer Support system. I’ve been Head of Year 7 for 4 years now and it’s better to get a taste of several different jobs if you’re going to stay in the same establishment IMHO. This one will still allow me pastoral contact with the younger pupils but also offers a fresh challenge and work with other staff members. Wish me luck. J
word count: 570
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, here we go, it's the big day. Off to Liverpool in a couple of hours, huge afternoon rehearsal, meal out with the folks and then concert. It's Haydn's Nelson Mass, Rutter's Magnificat and Mozart's Exultate Jubilate for those who are interested in such things. Hope my voice holds out. Especially as I am policing hordes of my own schoolboys.

My other half was star quality as the Mikado last night, so I'm looking to live up to that!
word count: 85

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:handgestures-fingerscrossed: for you, Steph! And all the best for your concert today! Hope you have fun!
word count: 15

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sorry, I just need to say this.

I hate my life right now. I'm fat, I'm still single, my job sucks - and as if all this isn't bad enough I now got a nasty rash right in my face and around my eyes it's all red and dry. I look like a zombie. If it's not better tomorrow I think I have to go see a doctor. I know that all this is insignificant to what happens in the world right now. But it's important to me. This is my personal little world and it sucks right now!

I just watched the latest episode of GLEE. And the song Rachel sang was really great: "What can you do when your good isn't good enough???" I'm asking myself the same question!

Sorry! I'm done now.
word count: 143

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

<<<<HUGE HUG>>>>

Ah Simone, never feel sorry for being honest about your feelings. We all get times like that, sadly. Go to the doc and get the rash sorted out; do something about the things you can deal with, quickly. The road to coming out of job dissatisfaction and loneliness is a lot longer but I hope we can encourage you to persevere. You're such a great person and you have our support and love - we won't let you down, so come here and offload whenever you need to.
word count: 91