Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by cutenebula »

:auto-crash: Awww Simone, I understand how you feel... So what are the news about it? Can it be repaired? Will you buy old parts? I'm actually buying old parts for mine ;-) It needs a lot of care! My car is from 1991, with more than 353 000 km :-) What a great car! But hey! It's logical!!! Guess what? it's a VW :-)

On the other hand, well 3 more negative replies. I'm still up in my job hunt ;-)

Ok, time to go back to work...

:banana-linedance:
word count: 87
The waffle conspiracy...

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Aw, Simone. D: I'm sorry dear. I hope you find some really bargain-priced parts!
Everyone has those moments... I've run a stop sign before because I just kind of dazed.
I'm just glad everyone is alright. :D

So, sorry that I've been gone... I met a guy. :D
Well, like... 3 days ago. So I could have been here before... But I was actually getting out and doing things. Sitting here is depressing. I had to start getting out, don't need to be like I was before.
I met him saturday night at a birthday party. And we hit it off really well.
He's super sweet, and pretty much my other half.. We're so alike it's scary.
Not to mention he's super cute, and he's musically talented. Wonderful guitarist, drummer, and singer. And he has a record deal and is in a band. :geek: Mind if I geek out. :lol:
We've kind of been on a date... chinese food and a movie, but my friend came to the movie. Haha. I'm supposed to go to his house today. I'm excited.
I haven't been so happy in years. He makes me all giddy. :dance:

Oh! And one more bit of good news. I've officially lost 25 pounds since February. (insert obnoxious happy dance here)
Alright. I had to tell you all, because I feel close with you all, and very welcome here.
I do need to go clean the house a bit and make something to eat.
:romance-grouphug: bye everyone!
word count: 259
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Véro, Kayleigh, THANK YOU! Guess I'm telling that everyone who wants to know, and everyone who doesn't want to know. Writing it down helps me a bit to get over it! And so does reading your posts!

Well, my car can be fixed! We got used parts for it who aren't so expensive. YAY! Gonna take a bit to get it done, but that's ok. Till then I take the bus to work.

Sorry to hear that you got negative replies, again, Véro. I still haven't found another job yet, either. It's hard! But :handgestures-fingerscrossed: !

Kayleigh, congrats on finding your "other half" and on losing 25 pounds! WOW! Good news! I'm on my way, too. Hope I will lose another 10 kg till June ...well, I guess August is more realistic!

Bye!
word count: 140
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Simone, I'd like to add my sympathies and offer quiet relief that no-one's been hurt. So sorry about the car though. This sort of thing can happen to anyone, however careful, so don't beat yourself up about it. Take care - thinking of you.

Véro, keep trying! One day that amazing spirit of yours will win out and someone will appreciate what a remarkable person you are. Courage!

Wow Kayleigh I am so happy for you! You were due for an even break I think. This guy sounds just stunning, a real keeper. Tread gently - don't scare him off! And - 25 lbs, well girl, I just want to scratch your eyes out with envy...
word count: 119
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

I have to say this place is a totally sanctuary. All of you are amazing women and a total inspiration.
:D
word count: 20

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

~*Ali*~ wrote:I have to say this place is a totally sanctuary. All of you are amazing women and a total inspiration.

Awww Thank you so much Ali!!! :romance-kisscheek: You are amazing too, never doubt about this ;-)

ThyneAlone wrote:Véro, keep trying! One day that amazing spirit of yours will win out and someone will appreciate what a remarkable person you are. Courage!

Thank you soooooo much!!! :D :romance-kisscheek:

Talking about job, I just have to say one thing : I am not workaholic!!! LOL This is for Hanne!!! :D
No, really, I have 2 jobs indeed and I'm working way much more than I'm supposed to (between 45 and 60 hours a week) BUT I have 2 kids and considering the small salaries we have nowadays, I just can't take the luxury to relax in unemployment. My kids need to eat, they need clothes, shoes and some fun too. So, that's why I have those 2 jobs, because it's the only way to earn enough money to raise my boys :-)

It's hard, some days I feel totally out of energy, but hey, it's the price to pay.

But if I can find a regular work with a nice salary and for only 35hours a week, I take it!!! :D :happy-smileyflower:

Oh, for some more fun, there is the European museum night next saturday night and a lot of museums will be free :-) I will take the kids to Le Mans, where there are some interesting places to visit from 7pm to midnight. I'll tell you :-)

So, will you, our European friends, visit some museums too?

:romance-romance: Oh and Kayleigh... Woohoooo!!! :dance: I'm very happy for you!!! Hope you'll tell us more about this man ;-)

Ok, I'd better go back to my work...

Véro

word count: 298
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ThyneAlone wrote:Simone, I'd like to add my sympathies and offer quiet relief that no-one's been hurt. So sorry about the car though. This sort of thing can happen to anyone, however careful, so don't beat yourself up about it. Take care - thinking of you.
THANK YOU, Steph! Feeling much better now. And it's really good that no one got hurt. And to know that my car can be fixed and it doesn't get that expensive is a relief, too! :auto-driving: ...can't wait! :)
word count: 89

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Looking forward to the weekend - as always - but this time even more! I'm gonna be in Mannheim for the SUPERNATURAL-Convention! So excited to meet Jensen Ackles! YAY! :banana-linedance: :banana-rock: :romance-admire:
word count: 29

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY HANNE

:happy-wavemulticolor: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-cake: :occasion-candle:
word count: 3

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Yay Simone!! I'm so glad it can be fixed. :D And that you can get cheaper parts.
And thank you! I'm so happy. Things are reallly looking up lately. I've been spending as much time with him as I can. lol.

Steph,
I'll make sure to wear glasses around you :P
I like my eyes where they are! Haha.
Thank you though. I've never been this happy, this quick.

Vero, don't work yourself too hard! I'm glad you're so upbeat about it, though.
I'll keep hoping that you can find a well-paying job with a few less hours! Wish I could come visit the museum! I'd love to do something like that. No real nice ones around here. The Norman Rockwell museum, but I've been there twice.

Well, now I'm sad. I want to meet Jensen Ackles!!! He's so yummy. hahah.

Hm. A little more about him? He's super cute. Haha.
Wait, I said that already.
I don't really know what else to say. We have spent the better part of the past 2 weeks together. Just watching movies, talking, talking more, and cuddling. haha. He's such a sweet, sweet guy.
It's such a change from all the losers I've been with. lol. He just left for work like a half hour ago, and I miss him. Already. haha.
word count: 236
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Can pick up my car tomorrow! YAY!!! And just in time. Gonna need it to drive to the station and back when I go to Mannheim. So my parents don't have to pick me up in the middle of the night, and I don't need to pay a taxi! Really cool! :D
word count: 53

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

While I still think that TJ is an incredibly talented actor, I have to say that I have not been as fanatical about BONES this season as I have in the past. I haven't been anxiously counting down the hours each week, and a few times I've actually forgotten & had to catch up online. Even then, I never felt a rush to do so, often waiting until the next Wednesday. However, I thought the last two eps were really good. After "Signs in the Silence," I found myself looking forward to the next ep with a bit more excitement, and last week's episode was a roller coaster that has left me eager for the finale. For the first time in a long time, I'm having to force myself not to read summaries & spoilers because I'm so anxious to find out what's going to happen. I'm impatient for the episode, & worried about missing it, & even considering making something special to eat while watching (Mac n "cheese" perhaps? :) ), so kudos to TPTB on the latest eps. I can only hope that next year will continue to re-addict me.
word count: 194
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

I agree that this season did not stimulate me and keep me intrigued like the past seasons but I am addicted and invested so I keep watching. When they do have an episode where they get it right, it is SO right that it makes up for the many filler episodes!!!

Happy for Simone getting her car back!!!! I totaled 7 cars in the first 10 years that I had my license to drive to I have tons of experience with the situation. It is always inconvenient and stressful!!

Spending time snuggled up on the couch today. Getting caught up with everyone else's life today to avoid my own. Nothing major happening in mine, just feels like I am forever in fast foward and I am seriously exhausted at this point.
word count: 132
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Seven Cars?! Good grief! Where do you live, so I can avoid driving there. LOL
word count: 15
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*peeks in*

Anybody home? :D

:greetings-wavingyellow: How's everybody been??

The very thought of trying to catch up on all the threads I've missed in the past months is more than a little daunting, so I'm just going to say HI!! and send massive HUGS!!! to you all and to TJ (but of course!).

(And an extra hug for Simone because I did see her message on this page. I'm glad you're okay.)

Extra hugs for Steph and Sharon, because it's been far too long since we've had a good chat. I hope you both are feeling well and having a good May.

What have I been up to? Well... to paraphrase The Princess Bride, there
is too much, let me sum up. :mrgreen:

You may have heard: I have a job! :dance: At long, long last. And it's been good so far. Every job has its hiccups, but I like the people I'm working with, it's an informal atmosphere so we laugh a lot and work together and have fun as we do, they're very flexible about me continuing to go to school (which is amazing and I'm so grateful for that), I'm learning a lot, and it's remarkable because the job is actually in the field for which I'm currently going to school, so... it seems like a marvelous bit of fortuitousness all around.

Still living in my grandmother's home. Though I guess it's time to call it my aunts' home, since my grandma's been gone for a full year now. :( I'd love to move back out on my own (as much as I love my aunts, I do have an independent streak and I've missing having that space to call my own), but a part of me is scared because everything's so new and everything's been changing so much, that I worry about it falling apart. I don't want to move into an apartment and then lose my job again or ... I don't know. I just don't want to go through it again. So I'm gunshy about moving out, mainly because of the finances. I feel like I should get my feet on the proverbial ground for a little while longer before I make that big step. Especially because I'm currently working only part time (25-30 hours) while I'm still going to school, so it's not enough to fully support myself. Not yet.

School has been good, for the most part. Exhausting, but good. It's been a challenge to balance a new job with two classes and all the homework that goes with them, but I've been working very hard. I took a web design class that was a real pain in the ass this semester -- the information was interesting, but the way the class was taught, I felt like the teacher (while highly knowledgeable and wonderfully kind) perhaps had not planned on teaching this class because it was SO disjointed. The presentation of information was disorganized and really confusing. Plus, we had no textbook so there was nothing to refer back to if we needed extra guidance or didn't quite follow something from the class lecture. That made for a stressful and confusing class. But I worked hard and I got an A anyway, even if it didn't feel like I ultimately learned as much as I wanted to.

The other class I took was an elective that was -- oddly enough -- still part of the web design program. It was a screenwriting class! I couldn't resist giving it a try. It was a challenge because I'm so used to writing prose fiction rather than something in screenplay format, but I found that I really, really enjoyed the class. I just got my grade for the class (an A, yay!) but what I'm really looking forward to getting back is my portfolio project (67 pages of material), which my teacher is going to go through and write all over and give me her feedback and notes and all sorts of stuff and then mail it back to me. So I can't wait to read that. Honestly, I loved the class and wished it wouldn't end. I have been writing a screenplay and will continue working on it in my freetime (heh, what little of it I have). I don't know if anything will come of it or if I'm just writing it for me and for the challenge, but it does seem like a good start, and my classmates and teacher were very supportive of the idea. (More on that another time.) The main thing is that it was such a creative boost and I'm grateful for it. Awesome class. Great teacher. Fantastic experience.

What else?

My brother's wife had another baby, a girl! :D I'll be meeting her for the first time in about two weeks, when I see them when I go to Wisconsin to stay with my family and attend a cousin's wedding. The baby pictures are adorable. Her name is Zoey, and she's a cutie. You can bet Auntie Sherry will be showering her with fun toys and cute, sunny little baby dresses. LOL.

My mom had to have surgery, but she's doing much better now. The doctors were concerned but thought it wouldn't be cancer, and it wasn't. Thank goodness.

I've been making a website for a friend of my aunts. I finally completed it last weekend, and am waiting for them to get back to me about getting together one last time to go over the entire site and get it set up online. Once it is, I'll send you a link to it, if you want to see my work. I'm still learning, but it's more than sufficient for their small business needs at this time (and for what they want, which is to not have to do anything with the site because they're not very computer savvy, so there are no forms or interactive elements for them to deal with). It was a fun project, but slow going, because I had to write all the content myself. They didn't provide any material; it's all written by me. So that was a challenge because I'm not a marketing or advertising person. But I think I wrote something decent. I hope. We'll see what they say! :shifty:

That's it for now. Sorry for the length of the post (but really, would you expect anything less of me? LOL). Tell me -- what have you all been up to? How are YOU?

Sherry :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 1132
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, don't have so much time, so I just skim over your post. Gonna read it all later. I just wanna tell you that I'm very happy to see you here again! And I'm very happy that you're doing ok and you like your new job!
Thanks for the extra hug! ...and I'm gonna hug you back right now! :romance-smileyheart:

Oh, and I'm actually in a good mood today! Got today off 'cause just got back from Mannheim, where I saw Jensen Ackles live on stage. He's so cute. At the autographs he just said (barely) "Hi" and "Bye" to me, but on stage he was cool! And it was cool to see him live.

Hope to see you here again, soon, Sherry!

*hugs*
word count: 130

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves wildly at Simone*

Thanks for the hug! :D

I'm so glad you had a good time with Mr. Ackles. :mrgreen: I'm really, really behind on my Supernatural watching, but I've always liked him as an actor. Dean's my favorite on that show.
word count: 45

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

*plumping down on the couch*

It has been ages since I was here. Things have been crazy busy over here. Work, school, housekeeping, you know the drill.

But actually crazy isn’t really a good word to describe all of whats going on. Nuts would be far better. So here comes my venting at my school.
Maybe you know that I am doing an internship. Well, that was the plan originally. I started the second week of April at the company. So far so good. But then I asked one of my teachers about some books I could use to do my research on implementing social media in the company I’m at, and that’s when things took a turn for the worse. :shock:

It turned out I couldn’t go through with my internship because I didn’t have enough points. The school said I needed 85 credits, and I got those. But it turned out I needed at least 95. But that was never said to us. The next week I had lots of talks with my company and my teacher who is also head of the graduation committee. And I turned in a request with the exam committee to start on my internship because I need two take tests (which are in 2 weeks). They said it could take about 6(!) weeks to look at the request. I got the answer last week, and I can take the tests, but I have to do my internship in September. The teacher said I could do my literature study, but it’s at my own risk. So that’s what I have been doing for the last 6.5 weeks.

And that’s not all. I also turned in a request for one of the two tests I still have to take. Because it was a test from the beginning of the year, I can’t retake the test normally. That request took 5 weeks to be granted by the exam committee. And I could take it *O*.(And it took them one full week to e-mail that to me! Another week that I could use to study) But the funny thing is that I have to take it in 2 weeks time. Just as my internship ends.

So I will be stocking up on fiber bars, coffee and/or red bull to get me through the test. But luckily I have something to look forward to: I’m going to a festival, just 2 days after all this mayhem is over. Just enjoy good music, hanging with friends and just relax. I am really really looking forward to that.

That’s about it going on in my life. Not very exciting, but I’m far too exhausted to do anything after I get home LOL.

I’m sending you all big massive hugs, and I will be back very soon!
word count: 483

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wanna go to London this weekend. Hope I will make it. Because of the ash cloud they gonna cancel a few flights tomorrow. Hope it's all over from friday on, so I can make it to London and back on sunday! *fingers crossed*! *Knock on wood*! Please help me with it! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
word count: 52

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

jade.stormcloud wrote:Seven Cars?! Good grief! Where do you live, so I can avoid driving there. LOL
:wink: I am in Tennessee and those all happened the first ten years I was driving - there's been another ten (or so) years since then!!
word count: 43
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins