Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by skftex »

Sigh. I hate the end of semesters. Tests and tests and tests. LOL Two done (pretty sure I failed one) and one left. Then 8 days of classes left, and then MORE tests-finals week. I think my head is going to explode.

Anyway, hope things are okay for everyone.

Steph-many, many more hugs!
word count: 55
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I join you in that sentiment, Sharon. I've been sick with a bad cold for the last week and a half, almost 2 weeks. And I'm exhausted. Between work and school and homework and tests and projects... I'm so burnt out.

Do we have a smiley that involves collapsing on the ground? :D

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:I've been sick with a bad cold for the last week and a half, almost 2 weeks. :D
I hope you'll get better soon. :romance-grouphug:

I'm in middle of tests right now too and aside from that we have this AE project going on right now in school. Which is a special assignment during which we have to work in groups of four and analyze a business. After three weeks we have to hand in our documentation and hold a presentation about it.

Sadly, most people from my group don't care about the grade. They pick the easiest tasks and even those they won't do properly. Problem is, we all get the same grade for this.

On Monday I have a French and business management test. I know for sure I'm going to fail French because I usually get to study a lot, which I need to for French but with the whole project going on, I didn't get to it. :eusa-shifty:

Good luck to you guys with your tests and all :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
word count: 178

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that the funeral for Steph's Mom is on the 28th. Things haven't been so good for Steph, as her father is very ill and has been for a long time, and her mother was his caretaker. So they have to have someone with him at all times, and Steph's brother has become ill with the stress of trying to take care of everything. So Steph is going to take off work for a week and go down to help.

So obviously she will not be on the site for awhile so if something comes up as far as mod stuff, you can contact me, and I should be able to take care of almost anything.

And just in case we get any new members in the next two weeks or so, please be patient if you try to post and your post doesn't show up-Steph is the one that approves posts for the new members and so understandably there is going to be a few weeks delay in getting those approved.

Sharon

word count: 186
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Steph! Sending you and your family lots of love and hugs!

Sorry I wasn't here for a while. My Dad is really sick. He's in a hospital. Visited him today. He wasn't quite himself. It's so sad to see him like that. Took me a lot not to cry. My mum was with me. Didn't want her to see that. She's already so much worried. We all are! Couldn't stay longer than an hour. I hope he will get much better soon. I watched "SMK" the whole day. Needed some distraction. Helped a bit but every time I think of the visit today I have tears in my eyes. Cannot sleep. But need to. Almost 3am. Sad times. Hope he will recover, soon!
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 137
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone, I'm really sorry your Dad is sick. :cry: Hope he gets well soon!

Watching SMK all day is a good distraction. HUGS TO YOU!

Sharon
word count: 26

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks Sharon! *hugs*
word count: 3

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Simone, I'm so sorry about your dad's illness. I join Sharon in wishing him a speedy recovery to good health. And I send you supportive hugs, because I know how hard it is (and how exhausting) to keep up that brave face for family when inside you just want to cry, too.

*HUGS*

:romance-smileyheart:

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ditto, Simone. So sorry. I know. This is my last post before heading down to join my rapidly falling apart siblings. Hope all goes well for you and your father. Thinking of you.
Thanks for the email, Sharon, Sherry. Love you all.
word count: 42
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

Steph and Simone, I'm am so sorry to hear that you are in such grave situations.

I wish you both and your families all the best and strength to get through all this.

Hugs to both of you.

Anya
word count: 40

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, Steph, Anya, thank you so much! Hugs to you!

Steph, wishing you a lot of strength to get through this hard time. My thoughts are with you! Lots of love! Simone.
word count: 32

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi all from Clacton with the aid of Lovely Sister's dongle. Things are feeling less fraught. The worst was probably the first night as brother was in such a state, wandering round talking to himself, wishing he was dead, unable to sleep and suffering chest pains. We got him checked out at the hospital and then back to the doctor for sleeping meds and anti-depressants once it was evident he wasn't actually dangerously physically ill but under huge stress. Meantime hubby sister and I set about all the official stuff and tho I say it myself we are doing well. 3 separate kinds of job; funeral arrangements, fixing up support for Dad and brother, cleaning up the house. Wow, we are a team. Go team!
As you can see I feel substantially better tho still very sad, obviously. Not looking forward to the funeral on Monday, nor to the return to work which is going to involve writing loads of reports ultra-quickly...and once again visiting a loved one once laid out was a weird experience rendering Mum almost unrecognisable. But despite the mixed feelings I'm very relieved. Such a great family & so many good friends. See you lot soon.

I'll be missing a Bones this week so I hope you guys have your reviewing fingers ready...
word count: 223
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Ah.. Simone, I'm so sorry to hear about your father being sick and in the hospital, can't even imagine what that is like.. to feel...(can't find the word - it will be inserted later) sorry bad time to make a joke or trying to..
I hope you managed to get some much needed sleep and that things are beginning to look better for your dad, all my thoughts are with you in difficult time.

Steph, you are really amazing.. holding everything together - making funeral arrangements, making sure your dad will be looked after and also dealing with the stress/depression (sorry if I got that part wrong) your brother has.

All my love and thoughts are with you both in this sad time. Hugs/kisses to two wonderfull and amazing ladies.
word count: 134

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, glad things are feeling a bit better now. Be sure to take care of yourself!

No Bones this week!!! Its Thanksgiving. :)
word count: 22

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Steph, sorry about your loss. I wish you a lot of strenght in this difficult time. *Hugs*

Simone, I hope your dad is feeling better soon. Hugs to you too as well!

------

It feels kind of awkward/inapppropiate to post something else now, so please excuse me!

But since most of you know, i was finishing up my internship last month and i've finally got the results. I graduated with flying colours. I got an 76/100 which is really good (as my teachers are very strict about everything). I got the phonecall and i bursted into tears. And now the fun part: job hunting :)
word count: 106

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

:happy-bouncymagenta: Hey Comic Cons Rule!
I've been to three in Melbourne, Australia, where I met DRUCILLIA, SPIKE, CORDEILLA, GLORY, DANIEL JACKSON(StarGATE SG1) and the lovely PAUL see (DollHOUSE)
I think comic cons are must to do on a bucket list, my next people I want to mee are;
Bones cast
HIMYM cast
The Big Bang Theory cast
Castle
Chuck
Anyone want to treat me lol!
word count: 66

losersaxplayer
Fan

Post by losersaxplayer »

Sorry to hear about all those who are currently with ill family or lost someone within their family. I hope you'll all be able to remember the good times.
word count: 30
"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Went to my boyfriend's parents' house today. This was hanging in their living room. http://www.twitpic.com/7nx3xm

I guess I don't have to worry about what to talk about at dinner eh? :eusa-clap:
word count: 38
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, I need a 'flailing, running around like a crazy person' smiley. Do we have one of those? :icon-mrgreen:

Because that's how I feel right now, in these final 2 weeks of class before my semester ends. This upcoming week I've got 2 projects due on Monday, Thursday is an exam, then I have an oral presentation and a final exam on the next Monday, and another project due on that Tuesday.

AAAAAAACK!

I think I'm going insane. :crying-yellow: Did I mention I can't wait for this semester to be over??

And how are all of you? :D
word count: 99

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi everybody,

Just want to let you all know that my Dad is better now. After a lot of scary days where he was in intensive care and bad news from my Mom everyday that he's getting worse (I was already scared to pick up the phone) finally after over a week my Mom called that it seems he gets better. After two more weeks now he's out of the hospital. My Mom picked him up on friday. He's still weak of course and the doctors said he should do physiotherapy. Well, as he's a bit stubborn now that he's better, we still need to convince him to do it. Hope his doctor can convince him tomorrow.

I wanna thank you all for the support during this time. Really - THANK YOU SO MUCH! It helped a lot. *hugs* :romance-smileyheart: Good to know that you have a place to come when you're feeling down. But I like it a lot more to come here when I feel good.

I took two days off from work. Gonna relax a bit!

Take care - and thanks again!!! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 188