Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, all --

Thanks so much for the sympathies re: my sister-in-law's grandfather. I know she'll appreciate all the positive thoughts you've got.
KimberHodgela wrote: Glad that you got to meet little Riley, and that she's such a darling baby! That's probably a relief for your brother and sister-in-law, with all that they've got going on!! I'm patiently waiting to see photos of the new little one ...
They were so loving and happy and sweet with her; I'm certain you're right -- she will give them love and wonder during this difficult time, and well beyond.

As for photos... I've attached two below. Couldn't resist. She's just so cute. What is it about babies that makes you immediately start cooing and talking in a strange, gentle, higher-pitched voice? LOL.

What was funny too (oh gawd, I can't believe I'm telling you this) was that Jean gave her to me to hold, and Riley and I had a grand old time for a while, when suddenly she reached up, grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked down. And nestled her face right against -- I was still clothed, mind you; she's not that strong -- my breast. I looked down at her and said, "I'm sorry, sweetie, but I don't believe I have what you're lookin' for. Go talk to your mama." LOL. In case you haven't figured it out, she was hungry for some lunch. Which I could not provide. Hee. ;)
... and perhaps of you with her? It's strange, I know a lot of people don't like having their photos online, but I like knowing what everyone looks like!
I do know what you mean, Kimber. It's definitely great to match a face with a posting 'voice' out there in the Internet universe.

I was even thinking of posting this adorable picture I took of my sister-in-law with Riley -- she was kissing Riley on the chin when suddenly Riley opened her mouth and latched on to Jean's nose (hahaha), so it kind of looks like Riley's either trying to kiss Jean back, or eat her nose. LOL. It's really cute. But I hesitate to post it online, because ... well, posting on this site is my gig, it's something I chose to do, but Jean did not, so I wouldn't want to take away her (or her family's) privacy. The only reason I figure it's okay to post these photos of Riley is that she's only about 2 weeks old, and in another month, she'll look completely different (as babies do).

Plus, if anyone tried to hurt that sweet angel baby (or really, anyone in my family), I'd kick their asses. :D

As for a photo of me... well... I admit, I may be a (generally) bold writer, but when it comes to anything beyond that, I can be a shy gal. I'm sure you've noticed that my default photos online on myspace and LiveJournal are both nature-y, scenic pictures. That's because 1) I like those kinds of photos, especially when I'm the photographer and I somehow managed to get one that didn't turn out blurry or badly lit, LOL; and 2) I'm a bit too chicken yet to post a picture of myself online. I can be boisterous and verbally honest, but when it comes down to it, I'm still a little protective of my physical identity online. Perhaps I can post something soon. We'll see. Just give me a little more time.

*smiles warmly*

Here are the photos:

This first one was taken by the hospital photographer for their parents/family website on the day (or day after?) Riley was born; the hand you see her grab onto is my brother's.

This second one was taken by me this past Thursday when I went to visit for the day. She was fast asleep and too, too precious.

word count: 683

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Sherry, she's cuter than a bug's ear! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!
word count: 15
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, she´s really a sweet angel! Thanks for showing us these cute pictures! :)

Really like your new pic on myspace!

Hope you all have a great sunday! I am gonna watch DARK ANGEL Season 2 now - that was in the packet the postwoman brought me yesterday!

Simone
word count: 48
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

begolden wrote:Sherry, she's cuter than a bug's ear! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!
*laughing hard* And just how cute is a bug's ear? ;)

Thanks, Rebecca and Simone, for the compliments. She is a cutie, isn't she? Can't wait to watch her as she evolves. She's adorable right now, but I really love when they get to more than a few months old and start laughing and showing a personality, you know what I mean? Then the fun really begins. (Though I'm sure her parents find her fun right now too, heh.)
TJ4ever wrote:Really like your new pic on myspace!
Thanks! I actually didn't take that particular photo (if only my camera were strong enough to get photos of the moon -- I love the moon). I was cleaning out my personal email inbox yesterday (man, that took forever!) and came across this photo. It was sent to me by a good friend (Bardsmaid, to you X-Files fan fiction readers out there). I believe she took it in her own yard. Pretty, isn't it? I love my green walking path pic, but I feel this one is more fitting for the snowy environment that surrounds me right now. All the green in my usual default photo was throwing me off. :D
Hope you all have a great sunday! I am gonna watch DARK ANGEL Season 2 now - that was in the packet the postwoman brought me yesterday!
Ah! Is that what you got in your parcel? I was curious and thought about asking, but decided it was none of my business and too personal a question. *GRIN* Glad you decided to tell us. I haven't seen that show (though I enjoy Jensen Ackles' acting and hear he had a recurring role for a while?). Have fun watching and enjoy your day!
word count: 312

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Oh, Sherry!! She's ADORABLE! Wow. What a sweet little one. I'll echo everyone else and say that she looks like an absolute angel!
TJ4ever wrote:Hope you all have a great sunday! I am gonna watch DARK ANGEL Season 2 now - that was in the packet the postwoman brought me yesterday!

Simone
Hey, Simone! I'm a Dark Angel fan too!! I got both seasons on DVD for a really good price last Boxing Day, and couldn't have been happier. I really loved the show when it originally aired, and had a few episodes on VHS, but not the entire series. I was able to watch both seasons in chronological order and pretend it was all new to me again!

Enjoy your viewing! Season two was great ... so much angst between Logan and Max!
word count: 137
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks, Kimber! :mrgreen:

One more picture, just for you. I wanted to post this one and then I forgot! When she was first born, the nurse put her in a Santa-like hat, for the holiday (since she was born on Christmas Eve). It's pretty cute. Apparently she didn't mind the hat, but was annoyed when they tried to take it off and put on a different one. :D

word count: 69

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Thanks, Kimber! :mrgreen:

One more picture, just for you. I wanted to post this one and then I forgot! When she was first born, the nurse put her in a Santa-like hat, for the holiday (since she was born on Christmas Eve). It's pretty cute. Apparently she didn't mind the hat, but was annoyed when they tried to take it off and put on a different one. :D
Awwww! I love the hat! And that's right - she's a Christmas Eve Baby! Well, at least she'll get TWO days of gifts and extra love around the holidays!

Did Riley get to keep the hat??
word count: 109
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

KimberHodgela wrote: Did Riley get to keep the hat??
You know, I don't know! :D I'll have to get back to you on that. Next week, my brother goes back to work but they couldn't find any relatives nearby who are able to come stay with Jean while she's recuperating from her surgery, so I'm going to stay with them during the week and help out. She can't drive or take stairs (not very often, anyway), or lift anything heavy, so ... that will be my job. *GRIN* If I think of it, I'll ask about the hat then. Hee.
word count: 105

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

KimberHodgela wrote: Hey, Simone! I'm a Dark Angel fan too!!

Enjoy your viewing! Season two was great ... so much angst between Logan and Max!
Hey Kimber! So we found another one! Yeah, really love Dark Angel! Michael Weatherly...so hot! :)
Already had the first season on DVD and bought the second one on ebay for a very good price. I was very sad when they cancelled it! :( The two books they released after it were great. Gonna read the last one again. Great ending! :) Too bad they didn´t show it on TV!

Yes, Sherry, Jensen Ackles is in almost every ep of Dark Angel season 2. He also is in one ep in season one! That was a great one! But I like him better in Supernatural. Although I didn´t watch it very often. He´s not one of my favourite actors.
And you could have asked me what was in the parcel. I wouldn´t mind! (Don´t know if the grammar is correct, but I´m sure you know what I mean. ;) )

Simone
word count: 178

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

TJ4ever wrote: Yes, Sherry, Jensen Ackles is in almost every ep of Dark Angel season 2. He also is in one ep in season one! That was a great one! But I like him better in Supernatural. Although I didn´t watch it very often. He´s not one of my favourite actors.
I remember him from a stint he did on Smallville (a show I used to watch but have not seen in a few seasons now). And I do watch Supernatural regularly (though I didn't start that one until almost the entire first season was over). I have to give Jensen props. I was expecting to see two young guys who are handsome but can't act. He's proven me wrong. I was surprised that he could be so expressive in scenes; I admit, rude though it may be, I wasn't expecting that. He's very good, and wonderfully holds my attention.

Of course, I can't compare him to TJ. TJ had me riveted from the pilot episode on... ;)
And you could have asked me what was in the parcel. I wouldn´t mind! (Don´t know if the grammar is correct, but I´m sure you know what I mean. ;) )

Simone
Oh yes, I know what you mean. And your grammar was just right. In fact -- and this is going to be horrible and quite possibly all wrong, because I've warned you, I don't speak German -- it was... Sehr gut.

*cringing* Apologies if that is completely the incorrect usage of the phrase. I'm trying! :D
word count: 264

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sinkwriter72 wrote: I remember him from a stint he did on Smallville (a show I used to watch but have not seen in a few seasons now). And I do watch Supernatural regularly (though I didn't start that one until almost the entire first season was over). I have to give Jensen props. I was expecting to see two young guys who are handsome but can't act. He's proven me wrong. I was surprised that he could be so expressive in scenes; I admit, rude though it may be, I wasn't expecting that. He's very good, and wonderfully holds my attention.
Yeah, Jensen Ackles is really much better in Supernatural then he was in Dark Angel. He improved very much! But they show Supernatural at the same time CSI NY is on so I watch that most of the time. Guess I have to buy the DVD´s! :wink:
Of course, I can't compare him to TJ. TJ had me riveted from the pilot episode on... ;)
Yeah, TJ is the one and only! :)
In fact -- and this is going to be horrible and quite possibly all wrong, because I've warned you, I don't speak German -- it was... Sehr gut.

*cringing* Apologies if that is completely the incorrect usage of the phrase. I'm trying! :D
Wow, I´m impressed! It was 100% right! :wink: And thanks for the compliment! :)

Well, I think I go to bed now! Can´t sleep as long as I wish because I have to prepare some things.

Simone
word count: 258

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh yay! Whew. What a relief. :D I'm glad it was even remotely correct.

Hope you got some good sleep last night and are now thoroughly enjoying your Tuesday.
word count: 29

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

0.04 am! Yep, my birthday is definitely over! Had a great day with my family! :D

Have another day off today :), so I am gonna watch a bit TV, now and relax!

Steph, how was your first day at work after the holidays?

Simone
word count: 44

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

What??

I didn't know it was your birthday! Aw, Simone, I would have said something. :(

Okay, here goes...

*ahem*

Haaaaappy Biiiirthdayyyyy toooo youuuuu,
Haaaaappy Biiiirthdayyyyy toooo youuuuu,
Happy Biiiiirthdayyy, dear Simone...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope it was a wonderful day. :D

P.S. How do you say "Happy Birthday" in German? ;)
word count: 52

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sinkwriter72 wrote: I didn't know it was your birthday! Aw, Simone, I would have said something. :(

Hope it was a wonderful day. :D

P.S. How do you say "Happy Birthday" in German? ;)
Thanks, Sherry! I didn´t say anything so you couldn´t know! It was a really great day! Love my birthdays! Always fun!!! :D

You can say in German: "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!" - or - "Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!"

Simone
word count: 72

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! (for yesterday) Simone :D :wink:
word count: 7
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Wil! Really appreciate it! :D
Simone
word count: 6

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi! Wasn´t online for a few days, because I had a little accident! Stumbled on something and fell on my knee, head and nose pretty badly! It hurt very much and was bleeding. :( Thank god it was "only" a contusion on my head and knee. No broken bones! But the doctor said I shouldn´t do much computer work and watch very few TV. Have to go back to work on Monday.

Will, they announced the first tour date for James. May 2nd in London! But you might know this already! I can`t make it! :(

Simone
word count: 98

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ooh Simone, I am sorry, that sounds awful. Hoffentlich geht's dir schon wieder besser (feeling better I hope).

Shame you can't make the JM date, though. Hope you get another opportunity soon.
word count: 34
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Steph! It is much better now! Looked worse than it was. But I was pretty scared. :(

I hope they announce more London/England Tour dates of JM, soon! Maybe I can make one of these! It is always a question of money, too!

Simone
word count: 45