Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
MarinaDuister
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by MarinaDuister »

:romance-grouphug: Aww horrible, those feelings. Though I have no direct experience of the feeling of a possible cancer diagnose, no one should, I know how it is to have that burning and annoying feeling.
It's something you're life's been focused on for quite some time, and you'd like to leave it behind.. But you can't, which makes it even more annoying :(
Goodluck <3 I hope the feelings will go away soon :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 75
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Ladies.. I can't believe I haven't posted in the last 20 days! But it's been hectic.. still is!

Well first of all:
Sharon, I simply can't find you on that picture you've posted from your days in the Navy.. I'm ashamed that I can't find you..

Sherry: CONGRATULATIONS... So happy for you that you're cancer free! I've also had my scare a few years back, so I know what you have gone through.

Angela and Vero: love seeing your paintings on Twitter.. don't ever stop! you guys have talent.. wish I could paint or write - but no, so I stick to looking and reading :-)

Simone: again a huge CONGRATULATION is in order. A new job, that is always scare.. especially if you've been with the same company for 10 years. What will your duties be in your new job?

Me: Had a great time getting to see Jude again while I was back in Liverpool - managed to see her once.. Friday night I got sick with according to my doctor a stomach infection/virus. I couldn't stop freezing for 2 days straight - didn't eat properly for an entire week(only yoghurt and some bread) - no appetite at all!. Saw the doctor the same day I came back from UK. Didn't return to work as planned because of the infection - returned to work last Friday..

Just realized where my manners are.. thank you all for your concern about my mother.. old news - she's in the hospital yet again.. this time she's been put into isolation.. they suspect her to have a serious stomach infection - which in DK is known as Roskilde sygen, not sure what I could compare it to.. but it's quite similar to what I had.

Btw have any of you read "Fifty shades of Grey" trilogy??? :romance-smileyheart: I read the English version in 8 days - bare in mind each book is over 500 pages! I love them! Got such an urge to read them again but unfortunately one of my instructors at the gym has loaned the first book and when she's done, my personal trainer is to loan it.. So now to avoid withdrawls I'm reading where the book left of - stories written by fans. If you haven't read the books I won't go into details or where the book left of, because that has to be a surprise! :D A friend of mine who I played bowling with has also read them and we have the same opinion on who should be casted as the lead characters when they are to make the books into a movie.. You really get addicted to the story - it consume you.. when I read the first book, I read over 370 pages just in the first day - it was finished Saturday morning (had work and sleep ).. 30 mins after I began book 2 which was finsihed 24 hrs later - began book 3 Sunday finished it this morning..
Let me just say that I have NEVER read a book that fast.. a record which I don't ever think I'll break.. :-)

Hope you all are doing great! I will do my best to drop by more and post or spend time in the chat box.. Laundry is screaming at me :D better go now.. Laters (to quote the books)
word count: 567

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I haven't read the 50 shades books and I never will. I won't go into all the reasons why, because you like them.

Sorry about your Mom being in the hospital again.

By the way, in the picture I'm sitting on the "stage" with no hat on, but next to the kid wearing my hat. LOL

Sharon
word count: 60
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

It worked Sharon. Thank-you :)
word count: 5

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well Ali, that is good. But I actually only was asking you if you saw the pm I sent to you in the other account. All those other messages were from a long time ago. HAHA But at least your old account works again!
word count: 44
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry and Hanne - thank you - for your good wishes! ...and Sherry, that's for you: :romance-grouphug: :romance-caress:

Tomorrow is my last day at my "old" work. Had a little goodbye-party today. It was a small crowd but very nice and funny. Had a bit too much sparkling wine! I usually don't drink at all. Got a very nice present. A photo album with all my co-workers with nice and funny wishes. Ah, it was nice! Had a few tears in my eyes. We shared old memories the whole evening. Of course I am happy to start something new, but it's also sad! I hope I do the right thing! But as Sherry said I felt miserable there the last couple of months, and I somehow feel I have to go. Well, what's done is done. I'm ok to start something new - of course a bit scared, too. Lots and lots of emotions all together! :?
word count: 158
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

How was your last day of 'old' work, Simone? And when do you start the new job? I hope all is well, and that you had a good final day. :D
word count: 30

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

mOh, the joy of leaving something behind you never want to have to deal with again ^_^

I just wanted to share with you awesome bunch of people that currenly I'm not feeling that well, and want to thank you all for cheering me up a little. School's not doing so well, and at home it feels like I can do nothing right, making me just want to crawl into a corner and sob. Friday was amazing, and was so much fun, I could just forget about every bit of trouble for a moment or two. Thanks to TJ and all of you. If I ever get to meet you: I owe you big time. Thanks :hug:
xx
word count: 119

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm really sorry to hear you've been struggling, and I hope you feel better soon, Marina! In the meantime, hug that cute little puppy of yours. :D
word count: 28

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:How was your last day of 'old' work, Simone? And when do you start the new job? I hope all is well, and that you had a good final day. :D
Last day at work was ok. A little sad, though! At the end it was a bit stressful, because I needed to finish something and give it to my co-worker. But I got out a bit earlier than usual. I star at my new workplace January 2nd.

Unfortunately I got sick. Have a cold. Spent yesterday in bed. But today I feel a bit better. So I went to the X-mas "party" at my "old" workplace. Didn't stay long. Needed to return my office key anyway. So I was able to say goodbye to some people I couldn't reach on friday. It was nice.

Uh, big news! Found a new car on monday. Gonna pick it up on friday!
word count: 155
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I was just online checking my emails and clicked on tjthyne.com to see the update to one of the conversation threads... when my not quite 2 years old niece toddled into the room and (seeing TJ's picture at the top of the screen) pointed at the screen and said, "Who's dat?"

And I said, "His name is TJ. He's a very nice boy."

And she smiled a very big smile and said "Yeah." And then she giggled really hard.

LOL. I think he's got a new fan already. Heeeeee.

Can't say I blame her. If I came into a room and saw his face on the screen, I'd want to know more about him too. :D
word count: 122
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:greetings-wavingblue: Sherry!

Yes, your niece has good tastes! :D
word count: 7

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, it's not because of the TJ outer man, but I get grudging admiration from my boys now when they hear of what we are doing here...
word count: 28
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Happy New Year to all the amazing ladies on TJthyne.com :occasion-balloons: :-)

So ladies, any NYE's resolutions?

I have a few this year and I got a good feeling that I'll succeed.
1. Stay 100% focused on my diet - no cheating of any kind.
(loose 1 kg a week)
2. Hit the gym a lot more - 6 times a week both regular and classes.
3. Be more outgoing - especially towards guys..

There's this guy at my gym - we attend the same class every Monday.. Been having a slight crush on him for awhile- he's sweet and easy to talk to, bit of a goofball sometimes.
Always convinced myself that he was married with kids but today while talking to one of our receptionists, I found out that he's very single and 41. Didn't asked her straight out about him but hinted a few things - like if must be his family that took a lot of his time since he didn't attend class all December.. stuff like that. :-)
I've spoken to him a few times - he's been the one to address me first, which made me suspecious because I'm not used to having guys talk to me like he did.. asked me when I took the train because he had seen me a few times and he mentioned where he worked etc.
I'm not going to overanalyze this - is he interested or not, that kind of thing.. Not going there - been there and been hurt..

I want this year to be the year I overcome my demons especailly my weight demon :-)
In order to keep myself focused on this "little" project I'm going to post updates on my progress/setbacks at least once a month. :-)
word count: 295

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

First update of the year.. 2013!

Was very reluctant of going onto the scale this morning knowing it wouldn't look good.. and it didn't... :( however I can only blame myself.

You guys are the only one besides my trainer and dietician that will know what I weight, well besides myself as well..
The weight will never and I mean never see this number again... 125,9 kgs..

Right now I fear my appointment next week.. Though I'm going to work my butt off in both the gym and with the diet from now on.. I WANT TO SUCCEED!
word count: 101

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Hanne! You know I am cheering you on with your weight loss...you do so well and so proud of you how dedicated you are! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 26

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

Congratulations on how you're doing Hanne, hope you'll reach your goal (i dont know what your goal is :) ) And sorry to hear about the guy scare..

Oh, and sorry for not posting in what seems like ages, time flies!

Me myself, I'm going to gym now once a week too, just bootcamp because under the age of 16 we're not allowed to go solo (not fullgrown body or something). And Hanne, I'm sorry to have to say, though I KNOW I'M JUST 14 blablabla haha, guys at the gym can be VERY confusing. Once, when I hadn't yet swapped to boot camp, there was a guy who miraculously talked to me, and I really liked him, and then one day out of the blue he told me he had a girlfriend. Lets just say that was not really the happier dat of my life haha

And then me. I've recently talked to a friend of mine, and came to the conclusion I look too negatively at myself, no self esteem practically and have trust issues thanks to my past years I've had in this nearly 15 year old life. So, I hope that once this vacation ends I don't crash immediately, and hold on. Also, in this year I want to be able to look at myself without just thinking I'm fat or ugly. That's kind of, along with loosing just another kilo and for once keeping it that way, my goal for this year. Oh, and to find happiness, but that didn't work out well last year sadly...

Well, Happy New Year to all of you amazing people here, who all to be honest, inspire me to keep going no matter what. Thank you all for being like this.
xx
word count: 304

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:happy-cheerleaderkid: Yeah!!! Go Hanne!!! You have the will, you will make it!!!
You know you have my support :romance-smileyheart:

Aaaaw Marina... I know what you are going through. So you also know you have my support. :romance-smileyheart:

And remember, someone, a wise man I think, said once: "you are amazing!"
Don't forget these simple words from an amazing man ;)

I have no NY resolution. Because I never manage to stay focus on them for various reasons :text-nocomment:
I just wonder how my life will be this year. Actually I'm starting 2013 with questions, rather than resolutions. :eusa-think:
I've been in so many bad moments for years that I don't know what to expect with this one.
I have a sloooow brain for now, finding hard to focus on anything. :techie-offtheair:

Ok, well at least for today I can tell you my plans :D
Go out for grocery and buy some painting stuffs (and maybe a waffle iron...)
Clean the house (seriously thinking about selling it)
Finish my little project started yesterday night
Do some sport

Hugs to all

:happy-smileyflower: Véro

word count: 177
The waffle conspiracy...

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Thanks ladies for your support, it means a lot to me :-)

Here's a quick update, wanted to have done this yesterday but with work etc., I forgot all about it..

Had my first appoinment this year at my dietician.... 3 kgs since January 1st.. :eusa-dance: Weight: 122,9..

My mind and heart are so focused on making this happend - beside work, I spend almost all my free time at the gym - between 2-3 hours depending on what classes I'm taking.
If you looked at my schedule some of you would faint ;-) If I don't have classes I'm on the crosstrainer and doing weights, however I do that as well on days I got classes..
The program I've planned for my holiday in March - is crazy but for me I like it... think I have one day where I plan to attend 3 classes plus an hour with my trainer..

My motivation is myself 90%, my niece 5% and 5% the guy I like.. been talking to him a lot more now, we had a good talk about everything (well mostly things related to the gym) last Sunday, some of the things he told me and another member was the reason for the breakup between him and his ex - and what he told, wanted me to give him a big hug! ;-) It was almost the same as what I went through with my ex - fraud, lack of trust - financially.. and on Monday he gave me a sidehug after workout - I returned it of course, he praised my effort at boxing class.. to be given that kind of praise then he must have looked at me a few times to see what I was doing?! But before the class I thought he was going to drop of the class so I confronted him about it - he said he was going and then he did the same with me.. :-)
can't figure out if we're flirting or not?! I've never been good at flirting with guys - never actually done it, so I don't know what signs to look for :D
I promised myself not to overthink it or hope to much - will let Nature take it's course, if there is something then it'll happen, if not.. then so be it.
Will keep you updated on everything :-)

Better get back to work, I got a few things that has to be handed over today to a client - final deadline and the assignment is killing me :D

Take care, ladies.. love you all!
word count: 428

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

That's great Hanne!! Good luck with the weight loss and the man! ;)
word count: 13
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell