Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ's_Tams
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ's_Tams »

Hi, So Steph suggested that I come sit on the "sofa" and tell everyone a bit about myself, so here I am.

A bit about me; well, my name is Tammy and I'm 25 years old and I'm a wanna be actress (though to quote what TJ said in a letter he sent me, "Being an actor yourself........") I do any and all Extra/walk on parts I can get and love doing that as I get to "Watch!" everything going on down to who gets the food! hehe
I'm different from most wanna be's as I have a partial disability that is on my entire right side (think of what happens to stroke vicitims and that is what's up my with my right arm and leg) I taught myself to walk again and a few years after what cause my disability, I started dancing again! Though I'm not a dancer anymore, just when no ones watching and a good song is on. :D
I'm also a wanna be singer though need to get singing lessons again as i'm a bit rusty. I also volunteer for my local Hospital Radio station and present my own show called "That's Show Business!" hehe

I recently; like a few days ago. got a signed picture from TJ and i'm loving that right now! All I sent him was a Christmas card! hehe I'm not complaining. hehe
So that's me for now, though if anyone wants to know anything, just ask, I don't bite......hard anyway. :D

Tammy.
word count: 265

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

It sounds like you're more than a wannabe as much work as you say you put into the stuff you do.

There's so many amazing people around here!
word count: 30

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves at Lore and Sharon*
skftex wrote:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
I keep meaning to make the time, but I confess I've been consumed with watching another show lately, as recommended by a couple of my best friends -- they had me watch the first six episodes and now I'm hooked and have been pretty much mainlining the rest of the series, all four seasons of it over the past couple of months.
Oh, which show??
Farscape.

They tried to get me to watch it a year or two ago, and I think I was just not in the right mode for it. I had watched the pilot episode with them and liked the actors and the premise well enough, but I think I just couldn't get used to the show using animatronic puppets as real characters on a regular basis. I know, I know, they do it in the Star Wars series with Yoda and all the other creatures, but it's been so long since I've watched programs like that, I think I just couldn't get my head back into that kind of 'suspension of disbelief.' I kept looking at the Pilot and Rygel characters and thinking, puppets. Or, muppets. Instead of thinking of them as real characters, like the human ones. It just wasn't for me.

But last time I visited my friends, they showed me a different episode from the first season, and it was interesting and funny and different, and I liked it so they loaned me a few discs so I could watch the first half of the first season. And I don't know... this time I just let go and went with it and had fun with it, and allowed myself to believe in all the characters, even the ones with prosthetics and alien faces, even the muppets, and it worked. There was an episode in which I found myself weeping for the Pilot character (one of the muppets). It just didn't matter anymore. They became real enough to me to connect with them as a viewer.

And I LOVE the two lead characters, John and Aeryn, played by Ben Browder and Claudia Black. LOVE them. I never thought I'd find another couple whose partnership could wow me like Mulder and Scully's, but I swear to you, John and Aeryn rival them for my affections and that is saying something! Their relationship is fascinating and complex, and we get to see them both change and evolve and learn and become so much MORE than they were at the start, as individuals and as a couple, and it's amazing, truly amazing to watch. And the writing of their relationship is so wonderfully smart. The characters' behaviors are consistent and believable, you can see them becoming these characters and doing what they do, even when what they're doing is sweet or brave or horrible or agonizing or heart-breaking. It's fantastic, it really is.

I just finished watching the series a few nights ago, and then watched the follow-up mini-series over the last two nights. And I'm telling you, I spend all three of those nights sobbing over it all. Not the kind where you get a lump in your throat and your eyes well up. Nope. I'm talking SOBBING. Ugly, sloppy, I can hardly see the screen in front of me, trying not to wail, crying my eyes out. I was just so moved and pained and happy and ... it was great television. If you've never seen this show, I highly recommend it. I can't say it enough. Everyone involved with the production of this show did a hell of a job.

When I next see my friends and return their DVDs, I fully expect to hear a chorus of 'we told you so' comments. :lol: And I will take it gladly. :mrgreen:

Have you seen this show, Sharon?

skftex wrote:OMG I think I'd die if I tried to do 3 miles on the treadmill. Though I walk A LOT, I just can't do it on a treadmill never mind running!
Ah, you give me more credit than I deserve. ;) I do 3 miles, but I'm not running. LOL. It's more of a jog/very fast walk. I don't know how to run. I also suspect it wouldn't be very good for me (over the years, I've injured my left ankle four times in various painful ways). But I do work up a good sweat. :dance: I do this every other day, and on the opposite days I do strength training exercises (squats, leg exercises, arm exercises with hand weights, etc.). I've also started challenging myself a little bit more by doing something I loathe: pushups. And every time I do them, I think of TJ in "Hero in the Hold," when he was doing all those pushups, and I think to myself, damn it TJ, I will never be able to do that many, that quickly, and definitely not 'boy pushups.' *chuckling* I can only do 'girly pushups.' For now. But I've already tripled the number that I can do, so that's something, I suppose.

P.S. For what it's worth, I've been working on my thoughts for the Bones episode "Salt in the Wounds." Should be able to post it sometime soon, but it's not ready yet. Very interesting Jack and Angela scene, though. I've got plenty to say about that! :D
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 927

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves hello to Tammy*

Welcome to TJ's site! So glad you caught up with Steph and Sharon and started posting here.

I think you'll find there is a fascinating variety of people here, so many of whom are into artistic pursuits like acting or singing or writing or painting. Small wonder, I suppose, that we found each other here at the site of someone whose commitment to excellence in acting and in everything he does is so superb. There's a reason why we like him so much. He's damn good. :D

Anyway, make yourself comfortable here on the sofa and chat away in any of the threads! We look forward to hearing more from you, and everyone new who has come to TJ Thyne dot com. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :greetings-wavingyellow:

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 132
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Sherry!

Sorry took me a while to answer this...

No I've never seen Farscape. I don't know anyone that watched it so I can't borrow the DVD's either. Maybe if I ever get a chance I can rent them or something.

I can't even walk on a treadmill Sherry so I'm still impressed. We have one but I always feel like I'm going to fly off, on the slowest setting! LOL

word count: 79
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I loved Farscape, too, Sherry. Watched nearly all episodes. I only have "The Peacekeeper Wars" on DVD. Yeah, Ben Browder! :mrgreen: Kind of cute! He's Australian, right? I'm really on the wrong continent! :D :wink:
A funny and exciting scifi show!

Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 41
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh, Simone, I hate to disappoint you, but Ben Browder's from Tennessee, USA. I claim him as my own! Nationally speaking, of course. Heh. :D Farscape was predominantly filmed in Australia, though. Wasn't it a great show? It's bizarre and dark and exciting and scary and still very funny at times. Ben's not usually my preferred 'type,' physically speaking, but I fell in love with the character he played and with his talent as an actor, which made him mucho attractive to me. :mrgreen:

Sharon, the Farscape DVDs are ridiculously expensive! If they're even available for sale anymore, they're priced like The X-Files was when it first came out on DVD (which was INSANE, like over $100 for 1 season). I'm hoping that Farscape will be repackaged and re-released on DVD like The X-Files was (the second time around was much more affordable -- of course, I had already bought all my XF DVDs by then, so it didn't matter to me anymore, damn it, LOL). At any rate, if you're interested, I found episodes online, which was helpful for my viewing because my friends don't have all the DVDs either.

RE: the treadmill. Hold on to the sides and you won't go flying! ;)

P.S. to Sharon -- for whatever it's worth, I've finished writing up my commentary on the latest Bones episode. And yes, it's lengthy. Surprise, surprise. :oops: I'll be posting it in the appropriate thread shortly, as soon as I check it over for spelling errors and other potential typos. Anyway, I should dedicate it to you, for you asked what I thought! Hee hee.
word count: 282

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, yes, you're right, Sherry! He's American! It was filmed in Australia! Sorry, I was confused! :oops: :? :wink: :lol: OK, well, he's still cute! :) Really loved his character, too!
Simone.
word count: 30

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:

Sharon, the Farscape DVDs are ridiculously expensive! If they're even available for sale anymore, they're priced like The X-Files was when it first came out on DVD (which was INSANE, like over $100 for 1 season). I'm hoping that Farscape will be repackaged and re-released on DVD like The X-Files was (the second time around was much more affordable -- of course, I had already bought all my XF DVDs by then, so it didn't matter to me anymore, damn it, LOL). At any rate, if you're interested, I found episodes online, which was helpful for my viewing because my friends don't have all the DVDs either.

Well wasn't going to buy them! Could rent them sometime though. My sister has NetFlix! LOL

Sinkwriter72 wrote:RE: the treadmill. Hold on to the sides and you won't go flying! ;)

Hold on so I can just be holding on when I'm lying on the ground. :wink:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:
P.S. to Sharon -- for whatever it's worth, I've finished writing up my commentary on the latest Bones episode. And yes, it's lengthy. Surprise, surprise. :oops: I'll be posting it in the appropriate thread shortly, as soon as I check it over for spelling errors and other potential typos. Anyway, I should dedicate it to you, for you asked what I thought! Hee hee.
Yay!!! :clap: :clap:
word count: 236
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

My wife is a big Farscape fan (well Ben Browder really, but you know) so I have watched them all too. We've also got the trading card collection for the series (with two signed ones :shock: ).

Along with all the other Box Set DVDs are the Farscape ones, which I think took Sheelagh about 2 months to get.
word count: 58

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Good afternoon (just) Alan! Nice to see you. I've never seen Farscape but I've heard really good things about it, in the sci-fi/ fantasy press and elsewhere. And I love the stills from it, really well filmed by the look of it.
word count: 45
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

English Al wrote:My wife is a big Farscape fan (well Ben Browder really, but you know) so I have watched them all too. We've also got the trading card collection for the series (with two signed ones :shock: ).

Along with all the other Box Set DVDs are the Farscape ones, which I think took Sheelagh about 2 months to get.
Nice, Al! Very cool. :D I've become a Ben Browder fan now, myself. heh. ;) But I'm also a huge fan of Claudia Black -- I think the work she did on that show was remarkable. I can't say enough about either of them, really. They're both attractive, no doubt, but they're also both very talented.
word count: 119

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Like I said in the chat, I uploaded some of the cat pictures I used for a photobook for my parents. Most of the pictures are several years old.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
word count: 29

Lauren :)
Fan

Post by Lauren :) »

Hello :) Its my first time on the sofa :P Very comfy can i just add *wiggles aroun*

OMG, those cats are SERIOUSLY cute!!

Im going to upload a few of the pictures Halle sent me to photobucket, should i give yahs a link?

xxx
word count: 43

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep you should. And the sofa is addictive, beware. Far too comfortable. If you can get the cat hairs off your trousers.
word count: 22
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Yes, they all are / were really lovely cats. Unfortunately most of them aren't alive anymore.

I am ready with the photobook. :D That took me many many hours. But I really hope it will come out nice.

And be aware - it's really hard to get rid of those cat hairs :wink:
word count: 51

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, these cats are really cute!
Simone
word count: 7

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Very sweet pictures, Lonia. I'm sure your parents will really appreciate all the work you put in to creating that album for them.
word count: 24

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

There's a lot of cats in some of those pictures, I don't want to imagine the horror of them all in the morning, trying to wake me up to be fed. My one is bad enough on his own!
word count: 41

Lauren :)
Fan

Post by Lauren :) »

:D I see that already *tries to get up, appears to be stuck to the sofa*

Oh man : :o

Ok dok i will give the link then :D

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l436/tvmadde/

:mrgreen: And we like to take random pictures... there willl probablly be more tommorow :D

*gives everyone a hug* Love yous!
word count: 51