Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Daisy_A
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Daisy_A »

Part of me is looking forward to Doctor Who but the rest of me is dreading it after that not so good Christmas episode.

I'm back! That exchange was the most exhausting thing I've ever done and I'm just happy to be home, I got back and watched all of the Bones I've missed :clap:
word count: 58

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

ThyneAlone wrote:I like subtitles because they don't interfere with the way the programmes were originally shot. If a programme is in French then I want to hear the French language and glance down only if I'm not making sense of it. I like hearing even foreign languages I don't know. On the other hand I am fascinated to hear the voices in a dub. I've come across some Simpsons dubbed into French, and it's interesting to hear how/if the new voices work, and how the original is translated (sometimes disturbingly badly). And while looking for the latest ep in Bones S4 I found a S2 episode in French and lingered a moment just to see whether the timbre of the voices were similar to the originals. Booth was much gruffer than the original and TJ's voice definitely wasn't right. I'm fussy about TJ's voice! Brennan wasn't bad though.
:D I'm back, which means I'm back at work too :doh:
Wow, it's true that TJ has such a beautiful voice... The french dubbing isn't good at all, for sure... But I think that the french Brennan is pretty close to the original one :wink:
These 2 episodes were sooooo...!!!! Wow! I want more!!! :lol:
I love the original version, and I prefer watch without any subtitle, except for the scientific terms... :roll: :? lol
word count: 233
The waffle conspiracy...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi cutenebula. I don't think I ever said welcome to you over on the other thread so I'm just going to say it here! Welcome! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well. Its been very quiet on here the last couple of days. Maybe because Steph is gone? ;)

Busy with school here, I think I'm going to not get through physics again so I'm going to have to take it next fall. Grrrrrrrrr. I hate this class! LOL

Other than that I am good!

Sharon
word count: 87
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

You guys make me feel eleventy-billion times nerdier than I actually am. :P
word count: 13

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Lorenith wrote:You guys make me feel eleventy-billion times nerdier than I actually am. :P
Why?
word count: 16
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Cause you guys have a lot of interests that I don't have experience with, and I have interest you guys don't have experience with.

So maybe I make you all feel kind of nerdy in your own way too XD
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well I'm a geek most of the time, I'm a computer science major, and also spent 20 years as an IT person! Pretty geeky world I live in!
word count: 30

giggles
Fan

Post by giggles »

I soooooo wish I had made more of my life.... I like being a nurse but I would really love a career in computing!! lol I suppose I should stop having kids and go do something before I am too old!! lol You lot make me soooo jealous hehe. :lol:
word count: 49

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Embrace the geek within, that's what I say! :D Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love that everyone here has such a wide variety of interests and talents. I think it makes each one of you very cool.
word count: 38
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I don't know, I think being a nurse is a pretty good thing to do with your life! It certainly isn't easy, and I know I could NEVER EVER do it. I'd be sicker than the patients! ;) Having kids and raising them to be responsible people isn't easy either.
word count: 53

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Sherry!!

Oh my!! I'm in the cyber cafe at school and this kid just sat down near me and I think I'm gonna pass out from cologne fumes!! :shock: :o
word count: 31

giggles
Fan

Post by giggles »

Thanks sharon :)
word count: 2

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Sharon!! :dance:

Sorry for the delay in response. My aunt's computer is being testy today. It keeps locking up. I may have to shut down for a little while and come back.

How are you? :D
word count: 36

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

You are welcome Jan. I'm not just saying that, I think it is true!

Sherry, I'm okay!! How are you?

The kid with the cologne is gone and I didn't pass out so guess all will be good. :mrgreen: :shifty:
word count: 41

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves* Glad you can now sit and breathe freely. Heeee.

I'm okay. Would be better if I could get a job! I've got ten more prospects to apply to today. *sigh* If people would just give me a chance...

I'm going to visit family in Green Bay for the weekend. Not much else going on with me right now.

Except that I stayed up till almost midnight last night, helping my aunts stuff many, many, many envelopes for their school alumni reunion. I have paper cuts. :mrgreen:
word count: 89

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yep good air now!!

I'm going to do house chores and catch up with reading for school this weekend. Your weekend sounds better Sherry.

I hope one of those 10 prospects sees what a great employee you will be!! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
word count: 40

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ahhhhhhhh paper cuts hurrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttt.
word count: 4

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I know how it is to search for a job. I was unemployed too. Since nearly a year I have a job again, yeahh! I am really glad about that.

But yesterday and today were kind of horrible. I guess I am "to weak" for the "small verbal attacks" from my teamleader.

Sharon, glad you survived "the attack of the collogne fumes" :mrgreen:
word count: 62

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Martina, I hope you don't let your teamleader pick on you...but I know what you mean, sometimes you just have to let things go. Doesn't mean you are weak though.
word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Your weekend sounds better Sherry.

I hope so! I feel really stir-crazy, so I think it will be very good to get the heck out of this house for a few days. Also, I'll be seeing my nephew and niece (my sister's kids) so that should be tons of fun. They always make me laugh.
skftex wrote:I hope one of those 10 prospects sees what a great employee you will be!! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Man, I hope so. :? I'm running out of options. And it's wearing me down. I don't want that -- I want to be happy. (I know. Who doesn't? *sheepish grin*)

Martina, thanks for the inspiration! (And I hope your teamleader lightens up.)

Okay, all... I best be off for a little while. I've just finished on the treadmill, and this stupid computer is locking up on me again (but not on this site, oddly enough), so I better shut it down, go shower, and get to applying for those jobs. And do laundry. There's never enough time in the day! :D

Hope to talk with you all soon! *hugs*
word count: 190