Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by skftex »

ThyneAlone wrote:Hi All!

Particularly happy to hear how well you have done, Sherry, and to see you maturely ignoring Sharon's roll throwing...:D
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

She squirted me with giant water guns!!! She didn't ignore it!!!! :D :D
word count: 36
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I wondered if she was perhaps being sarcastic, Sharon. :mrgreen:

Because, yes, clearly I retaliated. Heeeeee.

Or... maybe she thought I was justified! I mean, you did wake me up by throlling rolls at me, after I've had such a long and exhausting week.

:laughing-rollingred:

Steph, it is WONDERFUL to hear from you. I'm so glad you've had some relaxing time after the stress you've been under at school. (And I'm sorry you got that flat! And sunburn. Ouch.) Hope to hear from you again sometime soon. *HUGs*
word count: 91

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:I wondered if she was perhaps being sarcastic, Sharon. :mrgreen:

Because, yes, clearly I retaliated. Heeeeee.

Or... maybe she thought I was justified! I mean, you did wake me up by throlling rolls at me, after I've had such a long and exhausting week.

:laughing-rollingred:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Could be I suppose. I think she was just ignoring your behavior and pointing out mine though. ;) Just like a parent! Only one kid gets caught, though usually it is the second one to do something not the first. :shifty: :whistle:
word count: 86
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Heeeheheheheehheeee.

Well, as someone who never used to get away with anything (while her younger sibling seemed to get off easy), I'm more than happy to be the one who gets to slide by without getting reprimanded. LOL.

But -- like a tattle-tale kid would do -- in my own defense I would merely say, "Sharon provoked me first!" HAHAHAHA :D
word count: 60

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Haven't been on in a while so a bit out of the loop; hope everyone is ok. Things are good in Liverpool and I'm looking forward to Hanne and Simone's visit in September, will be a blast.

Thinking about going to the sci fi convention Reunion 8 'cos Eddie McClintock is attending so that would be very cool.

Looking forward to the new football season, new manager, new start gotta try and be optimistic.

Anyway I reckon that's all for now.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 92

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Jude! Great to hear from you. You should go to the sci-fi thing, Eric McCormick seems like a nice guy, I think it'd be worth it.

Steph, forgot to say earlier, sorry about the difficulties in the trip, flat tire! EEK! But glad you have been able to relax. Hope you continue to feel that way! :)

Sharon
word count: 60

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thank you girls! Sorry Sharon, that was a wee bit mean, it's just you make so much more mess than she does!!
word count: 23
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Water makes wayyyyyyyyy more of a mess than one measly little roll. Throws a roll at STEPH!! :D
word count: 17

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

owww.
Excuse me, water is a whole lot easier to mop up than sweeping all these crumbs. Right RIGHT. Gonna take control here. Sharon, see this cream pie that has magically materialised in my hand? Take THAT <squelch> *runs in opposite direction*
word count: 42

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

*enters the room slooowly and ducks behind the couch*... (unarmed) :o

Sherry.. Big hug!! congratulation on your final grade.. wow!
What are your plans now?

Steph.. welcome back :-)
Hopefully you can bring peace back.. good luck.. :wink:
word count: 35

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

It's okay, Hanne! We all had a truce yesterday evening. You don't have to worry about getting in the line of fire amidst water guns, cream pies, rolls or vegetables. LOL. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the cheer about my class! What's next? I'm not sure, yet. I really enjoyed taking this class, and two of the most talented guys in my class (who each have about ten years of professional graphic arts experience, and were only taking the class to learn how to build a web site) told me after class was done that there's going to be an advanced 'web site and development' course that starts this fall and is only on Monday nights. That could be a possibility. With that kind of schedule, I might be able to nudge myself into taking two classes. We'll see.

This week I need to go to school and talk to an advisor, see what my options are. And of course, in the meantime, I need to keep searching for a job. *sigh* That is a constant issue and one that needs to be rectified soon because I no longer receive Unemployment anymore. I've been out of work too long and have used mine all up. Which means my savings is dwindling and the more classes I take, the faster that money gets used up. It's kind of a catch 22. I'm taking the classes in hopes that it will help me get a good job, but I need a job in order to keep taking the classes (or, you know, to survive in general, LOL).

And how are you doing? :D
word count: 276
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Hey everyone. I'M BACK! It has probably been over a year since I last visited, but then I have been so very busy lately (although looking at Facebook would show otherwise).

For those who remember me and remember I have a little girl called Temperance, well, she turned 2 last month and people still love the name. We keep getting "oh I haven't heard that name before".

How is everyone?

Hopefully I will come back again now and take part in the forum again, especially when season 6 starts (even though I am in England and have that pesky delay due to downloading :shhh: ).
word count: 105

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Al, I am sooooo pleased to see you! Welcome back! I loved reading you before and am looking forward to sharing views again. Yes, I remember beautiful little Tempe and I'm sure she remains the gorgeous jewel that she was 2 years ago. Keep visiting - always a pleasure to have you here. :)
word count: 53

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Thanks for the welcome back. You can see a pic of Tempe at the link below if you wish:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/ ... rance1.jpg

You can judge whether she is still a cutie or not from that :think:
word count: 40

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi Al,

She's a cutie.. :-)

Don't think we have met.. :think:

I'm Hanne, 31, live in Denmark.. Joined this amazing community almost a year ago..
Looking forward to chat with you in the future.. :-)
word count: 36

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:It's okay, Hanne! We all had a truce yesterday evening. You don't have to worry about getting in the line of fire amidst water guns, cream pies, rolls or vegetables. LOL. :mrgreen:
Ahhh Thank god.. lol

Here in DK it's going okay.. semi-busy at work, we can surely feel that most of the industry is on holiday.. now only 1½ month only a week of holiday for me.. looking forward to it. :D
Well, the bowling season is starting again on Wednesday - well pratice begins. Our first official match in the new league is on September 5th - can't wait.. It'll be exciting whether we'll survive or crash. :think:

As for my diet and working out, that is going okay.. still have a scare of the scale, afraid it'll bite me.. :lol: From today Aug 1st I have cut off all that is bad for you - which I hope I can maintain, wish me luck!
I'm going to the gym almost everyday - well, I have 2-3 days off weekly. I attend various classes - mostly zumba and aerobic, besides that I use the machines.. Love it!

I'm returning to Liverpool in September again, which I look so much forward to - just not to see Jude, the gang and the city it's self but also to meet Simone..

THink I have covered everything.. It's getting close to my bedtime, heading for the gym for the 3rd day in a row tmw and I got work..

*hugs*
word count: 254

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

You're not here for a week and the place is a mess again! :naughty: :chores-mop: :lol:

Sherry, congratulations for the fantastic grades! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: So proud of you! Hope you gonna find a job, soon! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Al, welcome back! Oh, and how cute your little Temperance is! Thanks for the new photo!

Not much happend this week. A few days I was feeling sick. So wasn't on the internet much. Watched "New Moon" with my sister yesterday on DVD. Was nice! Hope to watch "Eclipse", soon.

I know I said that before but I so much looking forward to my vacation in Liverpool. :dance: It's only 4 days, but I need to get out of here. Really looking forward to meet Jude and Hanne!

See you all soon. :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 124
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

TJ4ever wrote: Really looking forward to meet Jude and Hanne!
And, hopefully, moi. It will be only the second week back at work and son no.2 has his 18th birthday then too, but I should be able to find a window to share with you all. :) :romance-grouphug: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Al, she is stunning. Those pearly little teeth and the beautiful eyes. You must be so proud!
word count: 64

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

ThyneAlone wrote:
TJ4ever wrote: Really looking forward to meet Jude and Hanne!
And, hopefully, moi. It will be only the second week back at work and son no.2 has his 18th birthday then too, but I should be able to find a window to share with you all. :) :romance-grouphug: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Of course also you, Steph. We'll see when and where we all can get together during Simone's and my stay.. what works best for yoù? It'll be fun to see you again. :dance: Maybe we can persuade Jude bringing her laptop so we all can see our vid together. :pray:
Simone, when on the Saturday are you planing to leave Liverpool?
word count: 111

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

ThyneAlone wrote:And, hopefully, moi. It will be only the second week back at work and son no.2 has his 18th birthday then too, but I should be able to find a window to share with you all. :) :romance-grouphug: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Hey Steph! My elder son Nicolas is also going to turn 18 in september!!! On the 22nd :D

Aaaah I'm really sad I can't come and meet you all... Pfff... I'm tired being broke all the time...

Oh, whatever! Big hugs to you all!!!! (^_^) :romance-grouphug:

Véro
word count: 87
The waffle conspiracy...