Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Akarana
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Akarana »

Yeah, but sadly there was no Hodgins nearby, just a group of old school friends and me. No romance, more fun :)

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention it earlier: Thanks to Sharon and Steph for organizing the chat!
word count: 40
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

You wanna know what happy is?

Happy is having your favorite actor, your IDOL spend two and a half hours talking to strangers!
Happy is having him say "hello lovely ladies", when you're clearly in your pjs at home at three in the morning ;)
Happy is forgetting you have a picture of that same said person HALF NAKED as your avatar :oops:
Happy is what TJ, Steph, and Sharon did for us :D

Thanks guys, I mean..gals!

P.S. I spent a few hours(and a night of sleep) thinking, I'm sorry I offended some people so selfishly :( I completely understand how you feel! And, I can't WAIT til next time!
Last edited by Dr.Valentine on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 113
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Oh no, that really sucks!
But I actually think from what I read that there are more questions unanswered, but it might be that some people asked more than one and he just got lost. I don't know. I just think that when he asked if there were still unanswered questions they named 3 or so if I remember correctly and then he had no more time left.

Next time *hugs*

What can we do to make this day better for you?
word count: 83

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Dr.Valentine wrote:The only one unanswered..
Hey!

No you were not the only one, mine hasn't got any reply either... And I think someone else maybe.
The only thing is that TJ had so many questions at the same time I think 1 or 2 escaped and that's all.
Or like he said in his last post, it seems that some of his replies didn't appear on the board, surely due to our huge activity here at the same time.

So don't be sad, it's been a crazy time for him too, he spent almost 3 hours trying to satisfy all of us and that's way too cool :)

Our questions will have some reply next time, or not, but we can try again if there's another time like this one (^_^)

But wow!! He tried to do his best during almost 3 hours!!! Isn't it amazingly nice from him??? No, I won't feel sad because I had no reply, just knowing he spent his saturday morning with us :)
Still I understand you and I really feel for you...

Hugs

Véro
word count: 190
The waffle conspiracy...

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Agreed Vero.

Yeah, that whole thing was above and beyond anything expected. I kept looking at the clock (Ok, 'cause I had to leave as well ;) ) and thought "WOW, he's still here answering".

It happens that stuff doesn't get answered and I think it will happen again. It sucks for the person in question, but I don't think one could have done anything different or better, or to prevent it. We#re all human and it happens.

I think he'll just answer those questions next time or so.
word count: 92

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Christina, I know you're upset and disappointed. I'll send you a pm about this one.

As the others have said, unfortunately not everyone will get answers in get-togethers like this, it's the luck of the draw. We always meant to ensure that unanswered questions got sorted the next time.
word count: 53
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I've been gone for so long, I know I won't ever make it through all the backlog.
If there's anything you need me to know, please PM me.
I'm sorry I've been gone so long, things with my Grandma have been so hectic.
Big hugs to everyone.

And and and...!!!
I got a picture in the mail today...
From TJ (:
2 days before my birthday!!
One of the best birthday presents ever (:
word count: 77
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Oh Vero! I know how you probably feel, but maybe that means we can look forward to a response early next time! (maybe haha, or a new one xP)

I'm pretty sure it was a severe lack of sleep, complete tunnel vision, and work related stress that had me so EE-Mo-Shun-Al!

Please forgive me! :pray:
I'm a loyal GROUP TJ fan too, I'm here for ALL of us!
word count: 73
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

kayleigh_marie wrote: 2 days before my birthday!!
One of the best birthday presents ever (:

Woo Hoo!!! I bet you're gonna hang it up at your celebration :D

Happy Birthday, too! You know, In case I forget :doh:

:mrgreen:
word count: 37

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hey Christina. I do understand how a bad day can get to you. Thank you. :) We'll have to see about how the next one goes, but yes, we do know who didn't get one answered and we'll see. Don't want to promise because I don't even know there will be a next one right now. :)

:) :romance-grouphug:
word count: 60
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Thanks Sharon :D

man...all that talk of waffles made me really want some..*shakes fist at waffle-less table* darn you Vero!!! Darn you! :mrgreen:
word count: 24

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:D Christina!!!

You don't know the power of the waffles!!! :mrgreen:

BAHAHAHAHAAA!

Come with us Christina, join the dark side of the waffles... lol

Sorry, I think now the wafflegirl image will be stuck on me for a while :D I'd better find something else... Though I love this word...
Waffles waffles waffles... Hypnotic :shock: :mrgreen: :happy-smileyflower:

Pssst could we have some more flags to the smilies section??? Denmark, Netherlands, France, etc? That would be great :D

Have a great day!!! Or night!!! Or whatever!!! :D

Véro
word count: 82
The waffle conspiracy...

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

I've never have eaten a waffle. lol Are they a desert? I'm going to have to try to find some.

Ali :)
word count: 23

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ALi, you've never had a waffle? Oh no! Someone get this woman a waffle, STAT! :D

Seriously though, it can be a dessert (or even supper, if you're a creative person, LOL), but generally it's known as a breakfast food. In line with pancakes or French toast, if either of those are familiar. You make batter and pour it onto this grid-like machine and then close the top of the machine over the batter so it cooks inside the machine. When you open it back up, it's baked into this very delicious... well... waffle. :mrgreen: You can eat it with maple syrup, or dusted with powdered sugar, or pour fruit preserves over it and eat it that way, or even bake fruit (like blueberries or strawberries) right in the batter. There's all sorts of ways to make it. It's very yummy.

Here's a picture, for reference.
word count: 152

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Waffles are amazing. I love waffle irons. Haha.

I'd suggest making the waffles, putting a little butter on them, then adding blueberries.
Best fruit for waffles, in my opinion.
word count: 30
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Keyleigh!!!

Watch my new profile picture on facebook :D
You'll see my fave waffles ever... mmmmm....

Véro
word count: 18
The waffle conspiracy...

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Poor ALI! You must try one as soon as possible!!! If you've ever hear of IHOP, go there hahahahaha...They have them :D

You know what's funny though? It sounds all weird when you say put it in a machine. haha, oh well!
word count: 44

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

LOL. I didn't know how else to word it, Christina! :D Machine, waffle iron, whatever you want to call it. *GRIN*
word count: 21

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Hahaha, it's ok, I was a little word stumped too until I read when someone put waffle iron hahaha..To be honest, I've made waffles MAYBE 5 times in my life, all at separate times in a hotel Continental Breakfast Lobby hehehehe
word count: 44

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

For all of you not in the US I have two words: WAFFLE HOUSE They are all over the place (although mostly eastern/midwest) and they are open 24/7. Go. Learn. And get your Hashbrowns "scattered and covered." :D

I also recommend Steak N' Shake for travelers too.
Last edited by SmackyKennedy on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 48
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers