Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by cutenebula »

Hey Kayleigh...

Who would blame you? You know we are here for you, even far away.
Of course you have the right to feel so bad and if you need to shout, do it! Find a desert place and let all go out of your body! Express all the things you need to.

Big big hugs honey...
word count: 57
The waffle conspiracy...

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Stehp, have fun on your anniversary trip.. you deserve it..
As for the place, we'll take good care of it..Promise no water fights or anything like that - just the thought of what the place looked like after TJ's B-day party.. it was a mess.. Hate cleaning!

Ang, Have a great time in Florida.

Kayleigh: So sorry to hear what your grandmother is going through, can't believe that the doctor's didn't do any test when she got sick, untill your grandfather got mad at them..
I'm sending you a *huge hug* and you've my okay to throw that fit!!
:angry-screaming:

Simone: cool, can't wait to see you there.. I send you a message on FB.. I hope you'll like Liverpool as I do.. It's a very friendly city...

As for me.. nothing much going on, besides almost my "daily" trips to the gym..
word count: 153

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Kayleigh, sorry I haven't mentioned it before. Sending you a big hug! And all the best to your grandmother!

Yay, Liverpool! So much looking forward to it! Gonna need a vacation! Thanks for the message, Hanne. I sent you and Judith one, too.

Nothing else happend. Don't wanna go to work tomorrow.
word count: 54
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Hi ladies!

It's been a while since i posted. There isn't much going on in my life at this point. My vacation is almost over, just a couple of days, which i have to spend at my sisters and brother in laws house to watch their dogs, fish, house and turtles (who gave me a scare last night (bc one of them escaped out of their aquarium last night and i thought it was a mouse :D).

This past week has been very fun (and busy). I've helped out at a radio station on the biggest fair in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg). We did an almost 24/7 broadcast of everything that happened at the fair. Reporters went in several attractions such as a large rollercoaster, shooting booth and the haunted house.
About the haunted house: it was located right in front of the studio, and while about 5 colleagues where doing their broadcast at night, some (drunk) guy climbed on the attraction and supposedly fell over a calbe or a rail, and fell 8 meters down.

I had to volunteer the next day and because we were the only attraction that could be reached, (by the press) we were flooded with phone calls, e-mails, text messages etc. Also we (i) had to cut out quotes of a police spokeswoman about the accident. It was all a rush, and now i know i really like working under pressure.

Kayleigh: i'm sorry to hear about what your grandmother is going through at the moment. Big hug to you.

Jenny: congratulations to you and your husband.

For the rest: hope that everyone else is doing well, and enjoying their work or vacation.

Talk to you all very soon!
word count: 291

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Just an update with my Bones marathon to try to catch up with all of you: I'm done with season 1. It was good. I'm looking forward to season 2.
word count: 32

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Ah, season 2. More Jack and Angela stuff. :dance:
word count: 8
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

I'm so sorry Kayleigh :cry: We are all here for you, we are, all of us your Squints..or friends, if you like that term better :]

As for the DB suit, WHAT?! :o Has there been any news regarding the validity of the woman's lawsuit?? OMG, Seriously?! That makes me so mad, people need to realize when they've taken something too far. AKJDSHGLKJHWQEf;kih!
word count: 65
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

And, as for Kelly, Season two is still my ranking favorite :] I absolutely LOVE the "almost" spotlight on Hodgela, ooo, the romance! He makes it so easy to feel like you're the one he loves!

Note to self: Tonight's agenda- Man in the fallout shelter, Girl with the Curl, and Aliens in a Spaceship...mmm, I love me some TJ hahaha
word count: 63
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

And I'm done! Meaning I'm back here.

Had my last exam today and still can't believe it that I'll find another A on my magisters degree. If they won't grade my magister (master) thesis with something worse than a B then I'll even graduate 'magna cum laude'. Can't believe it really. When I started writing my thesis I was so sure I'd fail every damn exam and here I am.

And now I can write again. I am so..glad to be able to do what I've been thinking about doing all along. (Beside work that is). But first I'll go and take a long shower, scrub the stress away with my moroccan spa olive soap and the new fancy hair products I bought in celebration and then I'll crash into my bed, set up my laptop, switch on the TV, relax, don't study and just WON'T think.... for the first time in at least 10 weeks when i've been torn between two jobs and my finals and thesis. Can't say it often enough: I'M DONE WITH UNI!!!!

(Ok, my prof tried talking me into writing my dissertation and I have to say it doesn't sound as bad as it still did while I was studying.... I might even think about it.. in a month or so ;))
word count: 234
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Ok, here are some little news from France :-)

The weather is really cool, fresh mornings and warm afternoons. It would be great if mornings were warmer so we could have breakfast in the garden, but well, summer in France isn't supposed to be like Polynesia :-)

For my personnal situation: holidays are very close!!! Tomorrow is my last day as an assistant and I'll finish at the pool next week! Yeah!! So I may say I'll be on holidays from next monday to the 22nd of August!!! Ah!!! Long sleeps in the mornings!!! ... Errrrr... Well for me a long sleep in the morning is till 9am :D I'll surely enjoy it!!!

My holidays program?... Mmmmm, let me think about it... I have 3 weeks off (actually only 2 real weeks off, but it's great though!)... I don't have money to travel or do anything, so I'm going to enjoy doing more sports with the kids!!! Run in the woods, more Pilates at home, PLUS some more exercises I've seen on Internet... Aaaah... Internet... It's like a huge library where you can find soooo many things!!!

Talking about Internet, I think it will be a good time for me to spend some more time here and chat with you all, feel free to say hi and let's have fun together!!! Maybe I'll do some waffles... Just for fun... :whistle:

Ah! Gardening of course!!! I have vegetables on the way!!!
Can wait to eat them now (^_^) They're growing!!! :-)

So, nope, no suntan for me this year, I won't have any good occasion for that and to be honest, I have no regret! I'm getting red, but really red, and never have something close to suntan, so I don't mind :-) People will say once again: "oh! it's been raining at the place you've been on holidays?" I also often hear this one: "so, when are your holidays???" "Hahaha... It's over..." lol Well, this happens all the time, I'm used to it :-)

So, in 3 weeks I'll be back at work, I'll be an assistant again and work at the pool again... Unless I find another work ;-) We'll see!!!

Ah! It's so good to feel holidays are so close!!!! I haven't taken any since september, I really really need this break!!!!

Oh... Plus I have a break with my man too. He was supposed to have holidays but will finally work and have his days off in september. In August he will work in Paris and as he barely never replies to my messages, I'll be really single for 4 weeks... :think: --> :liar: maybe... Let's say he's honest, we'll see how it turns in september...
There are things which never changes...

Ah! Almost forgot something! I may go through some pretty bad moments as there's a jugement coming along in my family and I would probably have to go with my kids at the Court in August or maybe in september...Not very funny but some things have to be done. So, if I stop writing for a while, once again, I'm sorry, don't be mad at me :wink:

:think: Mmmm maybe this message is long enough... I'm not supposed to write as much as in a snail mail!!! :-) Though I love snail mail too (^_^)

I'll be back soon!!!

Véro
word count: 574
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

My class is done! My class is done! :dance:

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-wavemulticolor: :occasion-partyblower:

*collapses, exhausted*

And how are all of YOU? :D

Don't mind me -- I'll be over in the corner, taking a nap. :sleeping-sleeping:
word count: 30

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

*sneaks over and throws a roll at sleeping Sherry. :text-lol: :text-woo:
word count: 9
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*stealthily pulls out a water gun from under her pillow and squirts the very sassy troublemaker named Sharon* :violence-guntoting:

Isn't it exciting!?!? I just got my final grades, and they're not too shabby!

:text-woo:

*falls back down* I have no energy today. I am so tired. That's what happens when you stay up until 5 AM one night, 4 AM another night, and 2 or 3 AM for many nights, studying and working on a class project. Ugh.

And.... :sleeping-yellow:
word count: 82

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

WOO HOO WATER!!!! :mrgreen:

Grades? You got more than one?

Staying up til 1:30 chatting with crazy people doesn't help either does it? ;)
word count: 24
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I got my grade for the final project, and one for the presentation of the project.
skftex wrote:Staying up til 1:30 chatting with crazy people doesn't help either does it? ;)
I didn't mind that, Sharon! I was wired after completing my class last night, and it was really nice to sit and chat with you.

But I will say that I slept HARD when I finally did go to bed. It's been a very long week. :D
word count: 81

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh! Thought you meant the FINAL grade, grade for the whole course. Glad you did well on the project and presentation (I assume you got good grades since you said not too shabby)

word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:oops: I was trying to avoid bragging or being a big-headed jerk about it... :D

I got 225 (out of 225) points on my final project, and 50 (out of 50) points on my presentation.

According to our teacher, the total possible points amount you could get for the overall class is 1115.

(Though I don't think that number includes the 10 extra credit points possible to be earned on each of the exams)

My total stands at 1116. :mrgreen:

This is because even though I got two wrong on my final exam, I got the extra credit question correct, so those bonus points put me one over the 'total possible.'

Final grades haven't yet been posted to our online Student Center, so it's not set in stone, but it seems I got an A. :shifty:

:text-woo:
word count: 136

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :handgestures-thumbup: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingorange:
word count: 0

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Heeheee.

Thank you, Sharon. You've been so encouraging, the whole way through, as I took this class. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 18

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi All!

What can I say – great to be back! Over the last 2 days I have been dropping in from time to time and trying hard to keep up with you all, on the whole failing miserably. Yesterday would have been a good time except we had guests staying overnight whom we have not seen for, I think, 3 or 4 years. Their 2 daughters are now intelligent young women and they were amazed at the size of our two as well! So that was great; catching up, huge meal, laughter and a clean house (the boys kept it relatively neat over the parental holiday, but it needed a spruce up to receive guests. And basic jobs needed sorting, like the massive amount of laundry we’d all accumulated in a week).

I now have a window of an hour or so before going to watch hubby perform in a lunchtime recital at church, so a quick update on my activities. Cornwall is quite a long haul, though we broke the journey at Worcester on the way down (visiting Elgar country) and Malvern on the way back (wonderful priory and museum, plus a guesthouse suite that was frankly more like an apartment – wow). Still didn’t avoid the waste of about 2 hours getting round Bristol, with constant delays for no good reason that we could see. However, Cornwall itself was everything I had hoped and certainly removed the vestiges of stress school had left behind. The weather was brilliant, the lanes were long, narrow, steep and winding, the fish was fresh and absolutely delicious and the views were spectacular. We got to visit a fantastic monkey sanctuary, http://www.monkeysanctuary.org/ the Eden project http://www.edenproject.com/whats-it-all-about/index.php and the lovely little port of Charlestown, http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/restor ... estown.htm which was hosting two impressive tall ships at the time. Hubby had particularly wanted to go there as his family has a lot of maritime history and he wanted to stand on the same quay where his father and grandfather had been in the past and visit the deceptively large maritime museum. That’s where I got my Cornish cream tea!

Two rather alarming things happened, though they didn’t spoil the vacation. For some reason my mobile (that’s cell phone across the pond) has lost sound. Not a case of accidental muting and nothing to do with the SIM card, which we have tried out in other phones. Basically it doesn’t ring, doesn’t give text alerts and if someone rings me I can’t hear their voice. Sounds like a speaker prob. It’s really annoying not to be able to talk on the phone, only text. However, the other event was potentially much more holiday-ruinous. We took some time to find our way up to the monkey sanctuary, up many a narrow unmade lane – a bit of a switchback road at times – and it was such a bumpy ride that it wasn’t till we got to the car park of the sanctuary that we realised we had a flat. Well, flat is perhaps an understatement; the tyre was completely shredded (a tyre incidentally only 3 weeks old following a previous puncture)! Inconvenience turned to problem when we a) didn’t have an adequate wheel brace to remove the wheel in order to replace the tyre with our spare and b) there was no phone signal to call for help. Eventually hubby did find a signal, after walking for quite a while, and was informed it would be 2 hours before anyone could come! Fortunately there were a couple of petrol heads in the vicinity who had some decent tools and happily sorted it out for us (you could actually smell the testosterone as they did the job), though a wheel bolt got sheared off in the process because the bolts were so firmly embedded. Scary. And it was so very hot and absolutely filthy! My first case of sunburn in a very long time.

Anyhoo, I am now very relaxed and happy and can recommend Cornwall for a visit. The food is great and the people hugely friendly. Like a live Sofa really! Very much looking forward to finally catching up with you all. Particularly happy to hear how well you have done, Sherry, and to see you maturely ignoring Sharon's roll throwing...:D
word count: 743
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro