Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by skftex »

Maybe TJ could be the 12th doctor...after he finishes with Bones. ;)

word count: 12
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I think TJ would make for an unusual, surprising, quirky choice for the Doctor. And we all know he's a fantastic actor. But somehow I imagine if he ever were in the running, DW fans might start an uproar. I suppose it would be a bit like when they cast Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones (though I do think she did a lovely, very funny job with that film).

Question: In all the years the show was on air, have they ever had a Doctor played by someone not from the U.K.?

Simone, my fingers are crossed for you!
word count: 101

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thank you so much, Sherry! Someone posted elsewhere that David is in rehearsals, so there's still hope.
Such an exciting day tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight!
word count: 29
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Simone! We are on together I see.
Soooo, Matt Smith then...great credentials (he was in the Ruby In The Smoke with Billie Piper and has popped up on telly a lot - good actor). I don't know much about him but he looks and sounds right and has that energy and articulacy. Also, youngest Doctor yet! Interesting!

Heard anything about David in Hamlet yet??
word count: 66
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hm, Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor. Well, a bit young for me (he's 26)! I saw him in the play "Swimming With Sharks" with Christian Slater. Didn't get an autograph :doh: , because, well I didn't know him and I only wanted one of Christian.

So, we'll see!

Hamlet news: David is in rehearsals and is returning maybe tonight. But they can't guarantee anything - and for next week they will announce it on a day by day basis, because David can only say if he's up to it at the day I assume. So guys, fingers crossed for Tuesday! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :wink: :royalty-crown:

Simone.
word count: 105

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, hi Steph! :greetings-wavingblue:

Just posted and then saw your post! So, encouraging news for Hamlet. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
word count: 15

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

26 isn't desperately young, Simone. I had my first baby at 27! It's not like he's just out of school or something. I think he has a lot of potential. Fingers crossed on your Hamlet. You have just reposted as I tried to post this one! Stop that or I will never get this onto the forum!!

<<cyberwave>> hello to Sherry and Jude! This is where chat would be very useful. How's the match been going Jude? Only just turned it on because the Doctor Who announcement was going out on the other channel. And Sherry - got your email - thanks - New Year card coming your way.
word count: 110

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Upps, sorry, Steph! :wink:

Yeah, your right, it's not THAT young! I liked him in the play I saw. We'll see how it turns out. I will give him a chance! :)
word count: 32

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

How exciting was that? I rushed home just so I could be in front of the TV to watch the announcement :D Nice PR job by the Beeb press office.

Anyways I was VERY VERY happy when Matt Smith's face popped up. Yes he's young but he's a fantastic actor. Even before this announcement I would have highly recommended watching the series Party Animals. Very underrated and hardly anyone seemed to watch it but it was quality drama. I think it's available on DVD and I bet the Beeb will give it a rerun in the next few weeks. Plus it's got Andrew Buchan in it who you all know from Yanks in the UK - another fab young British actor - so more than well worth watching if you can.

Back to Matt - in everything I've seen him in he comes across as a very warm, honest and good hearted actor. He's got lots of charisma, clearly has bucket loads of enthusiasm and energy and is eccentric and quirky enough to fit the role of DW like a glove.

I think with Stephen's Moffatt's writing skills and Matt's acting ability the fifth series of DW will be brilliant.
word count: 206

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

OK, New Year's resolution: Will stop buying tickets for Hamlet! :wink:

I have a ticket for Jan. 6th (I guess I've mentioned that once or twice. :wink: ) As I heard that David is back today I tried to buy tickets for Jan. 10th but no luck. Then I checked the website and saw that there is a ticket for Jan. 5th available and I bought it. They say that they announce it on a day by day basis if he is doing the show or not, so I thought I double my chance to see him. Then a ticket in the stalls turned up for Monday. First row! :shock: I needed to have that as I was so sad last time sitting in the first row and not seeing David. So I have a spare ticket for Monday in the Grand Circle. My friend cannot come. Guess I will return that first thing when I'll arrive in London. So, fingers crossed for Monday and Tuesday! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

I know, I'm crazy! Don't tell anyone! :) :wink:

Simone.
word count: 175

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone you are funny! Have a great trip to London and I hope you get the other half of your wish you told me for Christmas to come true! :handgestures-thumbup:

Sharon
word count: 30
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sharon! :)
I really hope that, too! I'll leave with a smile! Hope to come back with a smile, too! :)

Talk to you all on Jan. 7th.! Don't know if I will be back again today.
See you!
Simone.
word count: 41

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

She'll come back with a smile.
David Tennant is on for tonight, :D :clap: which means he'll probably be ok tomorrow too, though they are taking it on a day-by-day basis. Perseverance is the key!

Simone, I hope you are having the best of evenings, and don't forget to watch the rest of the extremely talented cast. I want a proper coherent review!! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 66

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

ThyneAlone wrote:She'll come back with a smile.
David Tennant is on for tonight, :D :clap: which means he'll probably be ok tomorrow too, though they are taking it on a day-by-day basis. Perseverance is the key!

Simone, I hope you are having the best of evenings, and don't forget to watch the rest of the extremely talented cast. I want a proper coherent review!! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Great news there Steph. I'm so glad Simone is going to see him, since she was so disappointed not seeing him last time! :clap: :clap: :dance:
word count: 92

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh and just wanted to say, I wish I had some of whatever that cheerleader had because she sure can move!! :P
word count: 21

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:dance: :D :clap: :angelic-flying: :banana-dance: :banana-linedance: :banana-rock: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbsup: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-sunny: :music-rockon: :happy-partydance: :happy-jumpyellow: :romance-admire: :romance-heartsmiley: :romance-heartspink: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartstiny: :romance-inlove: :royalty-crown:

I'm running out of "Happy Smilies" here! :wink: First just let me say I'm really touched about the last posts. Thank you so much that you were all thinking of me, wishing for me that David's gonna be there, for the crossed fingers and that you cheered me up the last weeks when I was so disappointed because I haven't seen him.

This two days were really stressful and I am very tired but so HAPPY! I have seen Hamlet twice and got my programme signed by him. When he was standing in front of me I thought "this must be a dream"! :wink:
Monday Jan. 5th was great! First row! Man, is he a great actor! (Yeah, I knew that before - and you, too. But his performance was so intense!) He was amazing. I had tears in my eyes (yeah, again, but this time tears of joy) when he first came on stage (and at a lot of other scenes). You heard the audience whisper his name. He ran and jumped across the stage like nothing happend and his surgery was only 3 weeks ago. Wow, really impressive! It was like seeing a completely different play than in December when he was not there. I must say I didn't understand every word, but I catched the story line. I don't know what you know about this play, but there is a scene he did in a red T-Shirt. (The "To be or not to be..."-scene) Wow! And may I say he has a great body! :wink:
I must say I am not such a Shakespeare buff, but this really fascinated me! (The whole play - not only his body! :) ) It has a lot of humour in it, action, drama - and at the end they're all dead.

I thought seeing Ewan McGregor in "Guys And Dolls" and "Othello" was the greatest thing I've ever seen, but now I know I haven't seen anything till I saw David in Hamlet. :royalty-crown: :romance-admire: :romance-heartsmiley:

Jan. 6th I had a ticket in the Dress Circle. Not such a good view. You really miss a lot of his mimic from there. I left a bit earlier to get to the stage door and managed to get a good spot. And I got his autograph! :D But was so shocked I forgot to take some good pictures, too. It was all a bit difficult holding the camera, the programme, a pen.

I am thinking about flying again on friday to take some nice pictures of him. It was all so hectic at the stage door that I haven't got a propper picture of him. I don't know!? :? Shall I do it?

Steph, is the review ok? Or do you want to know something else in particular?

The Doctor Who exhibition was a bit disappointing. I thought it would be a lot bigger. What I saw was great, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to spend more time there. Instead I was done in about an hour. There weren't a lot of people. I went through it practically alone. Well, so I had to think about what else I could do, and I went to the cinema to see "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

OK, need to prepare some things for today - oh and need to go to bed! Haven't decided if I fly to London again on Friday, yet. Need to sleep on it for one night!

Feel free to ask me if you want to know more!

Good night!

Simone. :greetings-waveyellow: :happy-sunny: :D
Last edited by TJ4ever on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 598

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Sharon! Just saw that you are online. Really need to go to bed! Will be back later!
Bye! Simone. :greetings-wavingyellow:
word count: 20

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ4ever wrote:
I'm running out of "Happy Smilies" here! :wink: First just let me say I'm really touched about the last posts. Thank you so much that you were all thinking of me, wishing for me that David's gonna be there, for the crossed fingers and that you cheered me up the last weeks when I was so disappointed because I haven't seen him.
Simone that is what we are here for! The cheering squad. HEE.

TJ4ever wrote:

This two days were really stressful and I am very tired but so HAPPY! I have seen Hamlet twice and got my programme signed by him. When he was standing in front of me I thought "this must be a dream"! :wink:
:clap: So this means that your whole Christmas wish has been fulfilled. How cool is that! :mrgreen:
TJ4ever wrote:
I must say I didn't understand every word, but I catched the story line. I don't know what you know about this play, but there is a scene he did in a red T-Shirt. (The "To be or not to be..."-scene) Wow! And may I say he has a great body! :wink:
I must say I am not such a Shakespeare buff, but this really fascinated me! (The whole play - not only his body! :) )
That just cracked me up Simone. I'm glad the whole play was fascinating and not just the body. :P
TJ4ever wrote:

It has a lot of humour in it, action, drama - and at the end they're all dead.
Ah, the best review of Hamlet I've ever read! And all in one sentence. I think you should be a critic. :clap: :clap:

TJ4ever wrote:

OK, need to prepare some things for today - oh and need to go to bed! Haven't decided if I fly to London again on Friday, yet. Need to sleep on it for one night!

Good night!

Simone. :greetings-waveyellow: :happy-sunny: :D
Have a good night Simone. I can't say whether you should go to London on Friday but it sounds fun to me!

Sharon
word count: 341

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sharon!
I must decide tomorrow if I'll fly to London, again. I'll let you know!
My Chistmas wish has really been fulfilled! :D
Good night!

Oh, yes, and I consider to be a critic! :wink:
word count: 36

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh, Simone! I'm so happy for you! I know you were really hoping to see him perform on stage. What a thrill. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, and got to see him twice. So excellent.

I heard they chose to take an unusual slant with the show, a bit more modern take (especially with clothing choices), but other than that, I hadn't heard much about their specific production. I'm sorry I won't get to see it! Hamlet's an amazing play.

Anyway, just wanted to pop on to say how glad I was that your wish got fulfilled at last. Terrific news. :dance:
word count: 108
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh