Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by ThyneAlone »

TJ4ever wrote:Queen - always a good choice!
One of my all-time favourite bands, no less. Saw them twice in the late seventies. Wooooow! Was devastated when Freddie Mercury died (think I was in my early 30s at the time) because it seemed to draw a line under my whole adolescence!
word count: 51
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You saw Queen perform live?? Steph, that is too cool.

I wanna live in London. ;)

P.S. I know they got a new singer, but to me Freddie was the heart of the band. He was Queen. I can still remember watching them (on television) perform in Wembley stadium for Live Aid. Do you remember that? Freddie was just so distinctive.
word count: 61

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I always wanted to see them live, but I was too young when they were on tour the last time. I think it was 1986. Freddie was great! I was so sad when I heard that he died! Freddie was Queen and Queen died with him.
word count: 46

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah, I know, hard to write something after my last post! :wink: So, I do it! :)

GOT AN AUTOGRAPH OF DAVID TENNANT YESTERDAY by post! SO, SO HAPPY ABOUT IT! *dancing around my desk* :) I wrote to his agency address and they sent me one. Well, I don't know if David actually read my letter, but it is so great that the agency sends out the autographs for him. I think he signs the postcards when he has time for it and gives them to his agency and a member of the staff personalises them!

Still haven't got one of TJ, yet. VERY SAD about that! :(

See you!
Simone
word count: 110
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Great news, Simone! *claps excitedly* Not my thing, autographs, I confess; I'm not a collector in that sense. But I can see how it would appeal. I'm sure the TJ one will come in the fullness of Time.

Where are you all, guys? Here I am waiting to discuss Bones 4.5 and none of you has been around since Thursday! Is everyone ill or on holiday? Or am I just the only one here who needs to get a life outside this lovely little cyberworld??

Ah yes.
That'll be it. :mrgreen:
word count: 94

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I love to collect autographs. The in-person ones especially! :wink: When I look through my collection I always remember myself how I got this and that autograph and it makes me smile. When I am sad and I look at them it makes me somehow feel better! Maybe a bit stupid? I don't know!

Yeah, the autograph of TJ - don't know if it will ever arrive! I am waiting for it almost a year. :( Wrote once to the "Bones"-address and twice to the MTeam but still nothing. Maybe I try it one more time writing to the "Bones"-address. Don't know when! Very stressful at work lately and I have to prepare a few things for my vacation. That I am really looking forward to! :D

Steph, I wish I could discuss the new episode of "Bones" with you, but haven't found it anywhere, yet. After the first episode of season 4 I had no luck. Nothing is working! Sorry!

Simone.
word count: 165

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

TJ4ever wrote:I love to collect autographs. When I am sad and I look at them it makes me somehow feel better! Maybe a bit stupid? I don't know!
Good grief, woman, of course not! It's something precious for you that brings back special memories. What's not to love? Just because it's not a hobby of mine doesn't mean I don't fully appreciate why people do it.
TJ4ever wrote:Steph, I wish I could discuss the new episode of "Bones" with you, but haven't found it anywhere, yet. After the first episode of season 4 I had no luck. Nothing is working! Sorry!
It's ok Simone. I know not everyone is as lucky as I am. I manage to pick it up online from one source or another most weeks (usually megavideo.com). It's not ideal, as the lipsynch is abominable, but it gives me an idea of what's going on. I think I usually catch the new ep early, before anyone closes it down, takes it offsite, whatever. But I do know that our US friends are usually out in the ether waiting to get in there and dissect it. So I am wondering where they all are!

I'm sorry work is so hard for you just now. I do identify. I haven't been 100% well since returning to school and I am sure some of it is stress. I hope your holiday restores you to equanimity! *hug*

Steph x
word count: 253

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ThyneAlone wrote:I think I usually catch the new ep early, before anyone closes it down, takes it offsite, whatever.
Maybe I am too slow! :wink: But, well, it's ok! I read what you all write about the episodes.
ThyneAlone wrote: I'm sorry work is so hard for you just now. I do identify. I haven't been 100% well since returning to school and I am sure some of it is stress. I hope your holiday restores you to equanimity!
Well, that will do it, and maybe the things I bought on the internet, yesterday! :wink: IRON MAN-DVD, MOONLIGHT SEASON 1 (and I guess the only one :( ), HOUSE M.D. SEASON 4.
I also booked our airport transfer in London and looked at some theatre sites. Maybe we wanna watch another play or musical. Flights and hotel are already booked. So now I can really look forward to it! (So excited to see David!) :D

Sorry to hear that you are still not 100% well, Steph! Wish you all the best! *hug*

Simone.
word count: 174

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ThyneAlone wrote:
TJ4ever wrote:I love to collect autographs. When I am sad and I look at them it makes me somehow feel better! Maybe a bit stupid? I don't know!
Good grief, woman, of course not! It's something precious for you that brings back special memories. What's not to love? Just because it's not a hobby of mine doesn't mean I don't fully appreciate why people do it.
Oh Steph, just wanted to say that I haven't meant you. It's just I know some people who thinks it's stupid, crazy, a waste of time, ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Good night!
Simone.
word count: 111

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:Where are you all, guys? Here I am waiting to discuss Bones 4.5 and none of you has been around since Thursday! Is everyone ill or on holiday?
Hi, Steph!

*hugs*

Sorry for the delay. What can I say? It's been a very busy week. :D Lots of job-hunting and applying during the week, and then my sister came to visit over the weekend (just left about two hours ago), so I just wasn't online much, not for fun stuff.

Trust me, I've got plenty to say about the last two Bones episodes -- I just haven't had time to put together a coherent statement. :mrgreen:

How are you doing? Did you have a lovely weekend? Hope all is well for everyone out there.
word count: 129

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hellooooooo everyone

Checking in again. I finally had time to read all the posts that I hadn't read in this thread. So sorry everyone, I'm going to comment on some old news for everyone.

Simone, how great that you are going to London and going to see David Tennant. I saw a little bit of a Dr. Who yesterday but since I've never seen the shows I was a bit confused. Someday I'll be able to catch one from the beginning and maybe understand a bit more. Same with Primeval, I've seen bits of it but never catch the whole thing! :oops:

Sherry, sorry to hear read about that job form letter coming, I know that is really a bit of a downer, even when you weren't excited about the job because the search is SO tough. Glad to read your more recent post where you seem to be a bit more chipper! Great you got to visit with your sister. I wish my sister could visit or I could visit her. I haven't seen her in quite a while and we are really close. Anyway, HUGS to you!

Rebecca, I just read about your father. Glad to read he is doing well! Hugs to you too.

Steph, yes, we have been a quiet bunch, my only excuse is that school is tough this semester-and by the time I get home I usually am doing homework or just avoiding it by watching TV! So I've not been spending much time on the computer except for school related things mostly. Sigh. Read you have jury duty (not sure what you called it, that is what we call it here). That can be a nuisance can't it? Of course, I do greatly believe in what it represents so would do it without too much complaint, but it still isn't always convenient. LOL

Hello and hugs to everyone else-not intentionally leaving anyone out, I just have a short attention span these days. :roll:

Sharon
word count: 341
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Sharon, good to hear from you! How was Physics?
Yeah, I am really excited to see David. :D
Sorry that I haven't replied to your message on myspace. I am not there very often anymore. ...and still the picture is not on my site! Sorry!

It's late! I cannot sleep but got to try!

See you!

Simone.
word count: 59

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Simone, congrats of the autograph. and the david tennent tickets! :)
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Dohee, have you been enjoying the new season of Prison Break? I like it! I think it's moving along much better than last season did. I love the 'team' joining up to work together on this one goal, I'm curious about what's going on with Michael, and I actually find myself loving Linc so far (he's not usually my favorite character). He's usually such a doesn't-think-first, angry lunkhead. I love his new and better-focused, take-charge attitude (especially when he took that axe and went to save Michael, without absolutely no hesitation) and the gentleness he's displayed when people needed some support instead of yelling. I adored that truce he forged with Mahone; that scene between the two actors was fantastic. Sincerely, it made me cry. (And that show has never made me cry before.) What do you think?
Sorry for the late reply. I think the new season is very interesting. I definitely like Mahone a lot better. and the thing he has going on with Link. I must admit that scene between them made me tear up a bit. That asain guy is kind of annoying though. :wink: But i'm curious to see what they will do with the whole season because it seems like right now they are getting a card in every episode. They must have some kind of major complication coming up. I can see the build up to it. The big black contract killer, teabag, the suspicious general guy. haha. well next episode shows Michael finally meeting up with Teabag. should be interesting.
word count: 281

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Dohee! Really happy about it!

It is Sunday and I am feeling a bit sick today.
Upside: You are not very hungry. That's good for loosing some weight! :wink:

Downside: When you are alone you can't stay in bed, because no one will make you a cup of tea or a soup. So I am from sofa to kitchen and now a few minutes here because I am bored. And I have to wait till my tea is ready. But I am feeling a bit better than this morning.

I managed to watch the first 5 episodes of Bones from season 4. Will comment on 3-5 maybe next week. Hope I'll catch episode 6 somewhere.

See you!
Simone.
word count: 122

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*hugs Simone and tucks her in*

If I were there, I'd bring you tea. :D

I hope you're feeling better very soon!
word count: 23

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

New topic. Little Tempe.

My little lady Temperance is now 13 weeks old. She is a bright little thing too. She's on schedule or ahead of schedule with everything she is supposed to be doing (although when she said mummy the day that freaked us out a little). She rolled over onto her tummy for the first time today too.

As for the other Tempe I received a pre-print autograph from Emily Deschanel this morning. Still haven't had a reply from TJ though :cry:
word count: 86

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:If I were there, I'd bring you tea. :D
I hope you're feeling better very soon!
*hugs*, Sherry! :)

Thanks that's very sweet of you!

Still not feeling very good but it's getting better!

Simone
word count: 39

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

English Al wrote: She rolled over onto her tummy for the first time today too.
That's so cute, Alan! Thanks for letting us know how your little Tempe is doing!

Yeah, TJ's autograph - still waiting for it, too.

Simone
word count: 41

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

Sorry I've been MIA--work has been a bit crazed, and I'm getting ready to leave for the UK in a fortnight. And still dealing with the condo association ridiculousness. But I am alive! And watching series 4 of "Bones". I'm not quite as, erm... enthused as I was, but still tuning in week after week (which is odd, having seen the first two series and nearly all of 3rd on dvd in a very brief period of time). I'm starting to realise the series 2 is still far and away my fave, in terms of consistant quality.

But I think I am still waiting for this season to find its footing post-strike. It's not entirely fair, since the first half of the seaosn has been series 3 scripts retooled with continuity bits worked in as they could.

Just don't ask me about the OCD episode. The rage, it has not lessened with time.
word count: 161
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Great to have you back and great to have your angle on things again, Tara! In spite of my scorn over some of the material we have seen, I would concur that S3 scripts will not fit happily into S4 and that continuity efforts will just look like a clumsily placed Band-Aid.
People on other boards are starting to remark btw on how they are fed up with Hodgins' brusqueness and impatience with everyone around him. Pray why? How do they expect him to react when his world collapses in on him? TJ's performance of the lines he gets is thoroughly convincing and unfortunately shows up the writing by underlining the lack of reaction of the others (surely someone other than Jack must feel strongly about Zach?).

UK, hey....where will you be? I managed to meet up with Rebecca when she was here in July!
word count: 148