Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by cutenebula »

Ali I'd love to help you!!!

... errr... wait a minute... It's not with french grammar... right?
Ah I'm afraid I can't help you then... :lol:

LADIES!!!

YES!!! Wafle hunting grand opening was just after Halloween and is supposed to end just before Christmas!!! :D You still have plenty of time for it!!! :D

:happy-smileyflower: Véro

Ps: no permit needed... Just... hunt! Yeaaaaaah!!!! Waaaaaaaaffleeeeeesssss!!!!!!
word count: 64
The waffle conspiracy...

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Yay! No permit needed! I went hunting yesterday and I'm happy to find out I didn't break any rules. Whoo hoo. Yummy
word count: 24

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

LOL :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :banana-linedance:
word count: 1

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

LOL Ail, that is awesome. Shhhh, be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting waffles.
word count: 14

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

jusbcuzz wrote:LOL Ail, that is awesome. Shhhh, be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting waffles.
Bahahahahahahahahahaha

:clap:
word count: 17

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

-looks around, notices blatant insanity and plops herself right in the middle of it all- Hello everyone! My name is Denaya, but you can call me Dee or D_Cal. I am 26 and a security guard for an insurance company. I watch all of 3 TV shows: Bones, Ghosthunters, and Supernatural. I love gaming, philosophy, writing, and star gazing. Computers are one of my biggest passions. I love taking things apart to see how they tick.

I own a cat that enjoys slapping me in the face while I sleep. I think I may snore and that's why she does it, but I'm not sure. How can anyone be sure of the inner workings of a cat's mind? Maybe she's just vindictive...

I've gone off track with my rambling... hrm... ONWARD! I'm not offended by much of anything. I find if you're easily offended by stuff then you miss out on looking objectively at things. I tend to not be politically correct about anything. Being PC seems more offensive to others than not. I do my best to censor myself so I don't offend anyone, but feel free to just speak your mind whenever talking to me.

Hrm...oh! I will try my best not to make people think I'm mad at them when I'm not. I tend to ball-bust with my friends. I was raised by a bunch of Marines and SEALs, so I got that from my male family members. If I do that it only means I consider you a friend. Hehe.

I hope I meet some new friends here AND I need you all to know that the Waffles you are hunting are particularly ornery this season. So, be safe, wear bright colors, and do NOT go hunting with our ex-VP.
word count: 308
Apparently all Angela needed was to hear her job description in a deep African-American tone. - Zack Addy

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, Dee. Good to see none of this lot have intimidated you. You are obviously made of sterner stuff, though I have to say I have known this sofa a whole lot insaner than it is currently.

Multitudinous welcomes to TJ country, where wilful waffle jokes prance happily about the hillocks and attention-seeking felines are the order of the day. Peruse and enjoy. You have loads of ready-made friends here and they aren't easily offended, you will be delighted to hear. You'll know if you've been too outspoken. I'll come and poke you with my waffle prod.
word count: 103
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Welcome, Dee! We're a crazy lot, but friendly. I'm sure you'll have fun here. :)
word count: 17

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Dee! Welcome to our world of TJ! Yes, we do have a great group of friendly (yet insane HAHAHAHAHA) people here, so hope you like it here and look forward to hearing more from you.

Sharon
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

Huzzah! Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I've been meandering around the boards, I think this place is fine for me to setup my second home here. -plants a flag-
word count: 32
Apparently all Angela needed was to hear her job description in a deep African-American tone. - Zack Addy

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Welcooooome Dee!!!

Have fun with us!!! (^_^)

@ Ali : HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love how you caught the waffle hunting spirit in this picture!!! :D LOL
I love the waffle mail box, it's so cuuuute!!! :D

There's one thing which is not easy for waffle hunting... Rain!!! Can you imagine soaked waffles??? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is a sunny day hunting ;-)

Véro
word count: 57
The waffle conspiracy...

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

I succeeded in catching some of my elusive waffles yesterday. :) I've already eaten half of them, though. :P
word count: 18

D_Cal
Fan

Post by D_Cal »

So, this waffle hunting, do you all use special weapons with which to hunt. Or do you go in barehanded? I prefer the barehanded approach. I'm a little evil, I like to feel the waffle squirm in fear. But I'm quick once I decide it's the right size for fricaseein' or toastin'. Otherwise I throw it back.
word count: 60

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

I generally go hunting with just a couple cloth sacks. The waffles I seek are normally found in cold climates, sometimes just standing around in rows, but those Gluten-free Blueberry can be quite elusive. When I find them, I grab them & then jam them down in a sack to carry back home, sometimes piling other items on top of them to keep them from escaping. When the time comes to cook them, I will often have a butter knife on hand, just in case, but usualy they're too frozen with fear to struggle as I drag one or two off to toss into the toaster oven.

---

Random waffle page: "Green Waffle Taco" (sounds interesting, & it's vegan, too!) http://www.lapuremama.com/2010/08/green ... tacos.html
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 129

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome Denaya! You gonna like it here! :greetings-wavingblue:
word count: 7
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

cutenebula wrote::think: 1 week vacation...?

I have suggestions!!!! I have suggestions!!! :D

1) a 1 week Bones marathon watching the 5 seasons...
2) a 1 week Christmas shopping marathon (I should do this, I'm always late with presents... sigh...)
3) Hunt some waffles... I think hunt opening was last week... Don't forget the chantilly spray to catch them...
4) Laze on the sofa thinking about all you could do if you were working
5) Sleep all day, go out with some friends every nights, have a crazy life for 1 week! ... and have some regrets doing it on monday because your head is heavier than ever... But be so satisfied :D
6) 1 sporty week!!!
7) Spend all your time with us at TJTHYNE.com trying to guess who's hiding and lurking :D
8) Stick post-its everywhere in your home not to forget all you have to do!... And forget all you have to do while admiring your art :-)
9) Spend the week out taking pictures of the wonderful scenery you have out there :-)
10) Try to find either a fairy, a sprite, a 4 leaves shamrock or a unicorn... 1 week won't be too much...

:happy-smileyflower: Have fun whatever you do!!!

Véro

Thank you so much for your great suggestions, Véro! Some of them I had in mind, too! So busy this week, that I couldn't come here earlier to thank you.

Did some Christmas shopping, had breakfast and lunch with my family on several days. Relaxed, watched TV, read. Couldn't watch season 5 of BONES because it hasn't arrived, yet. But got SUPERNATURAL season 5. Gonna watch that a bit. Oh, and I watched "KEINOHRHASEN"! A very funny German movie with Til Schweiger. Laughed a lot!

Thinking about buying a Wii for myself. A present for me from me! Don't know!

It's great being on vacation. You leave the house thinking "What a beautiful day"! And not thinking "This day sucks! I hate my life!" That's good!

A detailed report about my last shopping tour later!

OK, if you will excuse me, I'm gonna hunt some waffles! :violence-bowandarrow: :violence-blades: :drool: :happy-smileygiantred:
word count: 358

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*runs around, flailing arms* There's not enough time in the day! I've got too much to do! I'm never going to get it all done! AAAAAARGH!

*pant pant* Okay, I'm done now. Thank you.

:D

And I'm a little late to the party (see above paragraph for why), but... Welcome, Dee! :greetings-wavingyellow:

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 58
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Last day off work. :( Gonna meet some old friends this evening. We eat "Grünkohl und Pinkel". It's a Nothern German speciality you eat during the winter. Don't know the correct translation. It's curly kale and a special sausage. You also eat potatoes, bacon, mustard, etc. with it.
After dinner we want to go bowling. But don't know if we have the time for it. Especially me, because my car broke down today and I need to go there with public transports. And I have to pick up my car early tomorrow morning. We'll see!
word count: 100

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*hugs Simone*
word count: 2

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Does everybody get a hug?
Throwing myself down on the sofa with a cup of tea to say how goes, everyone. I' m up early <<shrinks back in horror and incomprehension>> so I think I deserve to sink into blissful soft cushions with a cup of tea while the sky frowns leadenly at me from outside.

Thing is, hubby's away for 3 days. He's in London for a meeting because he is one of the moderating team leaders for an exam board. Consequently the washing up/laundry/brekkie in bed fairy has gone and I am running the house quite efficiently on my own. Hence early night (no good telly & no-one available for intelligent conversation) and early morning housework. I think son no.2 has suffered worst as his training centre is a two-hour journey away by public transport and his dad usually is able to drive him part-way en route to work. Still, after he has attended the match of the small boys he has to coach as part of his course we have a treat in store - we're going to see the new Harry Potter. Then my beloved is back in the evening. Gonna be a good day I reckon.

Mmm, is this Earl Grey? :)
word count: 213
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro