The Random Thread

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
pib
Fan

The Random Thread

Post by pib »

Steph here - I notice that the sofa and other threads and forums are starting to include all sorts of interesting points that are strictly neither sofa material (Sofa is more for talking about ourselves) nor TJ related. Like my football discussions with Jude - or pib's question about Zooey Deschanel - see below - not strictly Bones, but nowhere to put it but the Bones forum!

This is the random thread. If it's something like I have just described, this is the repository for it...enjoy. Hope you don't mind me giving you a separate thread, pib!

Steph x

pib says :ZOOEY DESCHANEL HAS GOT A NEW CD OUT SHE MADE HERSELF CALLED SHE AND HIM. I HEARD IT AND IT ROCKS. HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HEARD HER SING? SHE HAS GOT A VOICE JUST LIKE EMILY'S, YOU HAVE TO GET IT. :clap:
word count: 143

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: ZOOEY DESCHANELS CD SHE AND HIM

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, pib!

I've heard a few of her songs online. She has a very pretty singing voice. Definitely music worth a listen. :D
word count: 23
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: ZOOEY DESCHANELS CD SHE AND HIM

Post by ThyneAlone »

I did originally ask for a link so I could listen to Zooey, but don't worry, I'm editing now because I have been trawling youtube and found quite a lot of her material.

Do I like it? Well, she has a pretty voice (You're right - it's like Emily's, which is also attractive, if rather small), but it's not the kind of thing I'd rush out and buy. It hasn't got the energy I like in my music. Not that I'm an expert, most of what I do like is either retro, indie pop or classical/choral!

Not bad, pleasant to listen to, but not my thing.
word count: 115
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Random Thread

Post by ThyneAlone »

This is very random, guys.
Can anyone tell me another link between Zooey Deschanel and Random other than that they are both here in this thread? Clue: you probably have to be into Hitchhiker for this one.

And Sherry, again a propos of nothing - did you manage to get hold of that Russell T Davies Doctor Who book?
word count: 58

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Steph!

I can't answer the first question, but I'm here for the second one! ;)

I found the book available on Amazon dot com -- I believe it came out in mid-November here in the States -- but I have not yet purchased it. I'm really looking forward to reading it. I love behind-the-scenes 'author's process' types of books. Unfortunately, until I get a new job, I've been avoiding any unnecessary 'fun for me' purchases. So... no book for me right now. :( I'll have to see if I get it from a family member for Christmas; otherwise, I'll have to wait until I find that wonderful yet so far elusive job. Then maybe it will be a treat I give myself.

Sometimes, it really sucks being responsible and cautious. :D
word count: 137

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Steph, could you please tell me the name of that book, again? I forgot the titel. :doh: Maybe I'll buy it in London.
Thanks in advance!
Simone.
word count: 27
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, it's called 'Doctor Who - the Writer's Tale'. And is an excellent read, I thoroughly recommend it. :clap:
word count: 19

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Steph! :) Lookout for it!
word count: 5

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Steph, I didn't buy the book! Will wait for the paperback!
word count: 12

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Steph (and anyone else who likes their football/soccer)

Yesssssssss!!!!!!!! The Reds against Real Madrid in Europe. I'm confident, Champions League no. 6 on the way! As well as the Premiership of course!

Jude x
word count: 36

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Jude40 wrote:Yesssssssss!!!!!!!! The Reds against Real Madrid in Europe. I'm confident, Champions League no. 6 on the way! As well as the Premiership of course!
hhhhhmmmm, I will go with the Real Madrid and not because I'd like to be against you :P It's because there are four Argentine players in it. Higuaín, Gago, Heinze and Saviola. Okay, okay, in your Reds there are too (Mascherano and Insúa). But I like more the Real Madrid.
word count: 80
~ s o f i

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Sofi

We'll agree to disagree!!!! Whatever happens it should be a good contest!

Jude x
word count: 17

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

So, did anybody watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special 2008 "The Next Doctor"? I just watched it! Very exciting! I liked it! Time flew by when I watched it. I had tears in my eyes at the end! (Seems to happen a lot to me when David is around ...or not around! :| ) I wanted it to be a lot longer. Could have watched it forever! David was so great in it!

So, now back to my season 3 box of Bones. Bought it for myself as a Christmas present. When I am in London in January I think I'm gonna buy season 4 of Doctor Who (the one with David, of course) if it is not so expensive!

Simone.
word count: 120

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Simone! :shhh: Don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me!

;)

I haven't had the chance to see the DW episode because (sadly) I'm not in the UK, and also because I've still got family visiting here and it's total chaos so I cannot download it online. YET. :D

I'm sure David was wonderful. Can't wait to see it! :dance:

P.S. Any new news on how his back injury is healing?
word count: 83

tennantselbow
Fan

Post by tennantselbow »

The DW Christmas special was fun - I'm sure you'll love it when you download it.

As for DT's back - he had surgery a couple of weeks ago for a prolapsed disc but has been papped up and about looking okay since then. He's not due back on stage until at least the second week of January but all reports say he should be fine to start filming the DW special in Feb. Good news!
word count: 78

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Well, good news for me would be that he will be back on stage from Jan. 6! As I have a ticket for Hamlet and don't want to watch the understudy again. Well, if David is not back at this date I am not gonna watch it that day, anyway! I have a ticket for the Doctor Who exhibition. Hope it is not a consolation but a bonus in addition to see David in Hamlet!

Sherry
, latest news I got from the RSC is that they not ruling out that he will return during the last week of the run - which is Jan. 5 - Jan 10. (Please Jan. 6! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: ) If he will be back maybe at the last 2 performances I try to get tickets for one of them. (I think that will be difficult.) But then I may have the chance to at least see him at the stage door if I don't get a ticket! So I still have everything crossed (fingers, toes, legs,... a bit hard to type - and walk that way! :) ) They are not able to state an exact date. David said he hopes "to make it back some time before the end of the run!"
But of course only if the doctors say it is ok. So, there's still hope! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :royalty-crown: But I only want him back if he is fully recovered, of course. Don't want that he hurts himself! Although I would be very disappointed not to see him in Hamlet.
The RSC wrote letters to ticketholders that they will update their site on Jan. 2 with the latest news. I guess then they will announce if/when he will be back. So let's hope it will be a Happy New Year! :wink:

Sherry, I sent you a pm! Maybe we can discuss the Christmas Special, soon!

Simone.
word count: 307

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, here are some small spoilers of the DW Christmas Special. So if you haven't watched it, yet, I thought I warn you! :wink:

Steph, you posted in the "Hello Thread" a bit about the DW Christmas Special. I thought I comment on it here. Just would like to say that I really liked the DM part, too. I mean he is not my type as a man and I am not really a fan of him but he is a good actor and he and David were a good match. I bet they had fun working together again. I think it was the first time after Blackpool?! Don't know exactly. As for the Cybermen, there were better episodes with them and the Cyberking was a bit extreme. But all together I liked it. Liked to see David again in a new episode. Loved the last scene ("...they break my heart.") Let's see what's next in "Planet Of The Dead"! Looking forward to it!

Simone.
word count: 168

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Quick one for Jude - what did you think of the match on Wednesday? Needless to say, with an Evertonian and a Liverpudlian in the family, we were all watching with bated breath. At the end my Blue was gracious and gentle to my devastated Red, but it didn't help much!

Were you there?
word count: 54

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jude40 wrote:the Reds got beat 2-0, not impressed.
Caught this in another thread, Jude; you must be feeling really fed up (especially with Everton winning and all). What is the matter with them? Continual home draws are bad enough, but this...They'll never catch Man U now, that's for sure. Is it Benitez not having the control he wants (or the strange formations and combinations he's been choosing of late)? Injuries? And why is it coming together in Europe but not here? Frankly I'm stumped. Any suggestions welcome...Hodgins, what do you think?
word count: 99

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Steph

Well and truly p***ed off football wise. To tell you the truth I'm not completely sure about Rafa but it looks like he's gonna be around for a while now that Parry's going.
I think the type of play that Rafa favours i.e. cautious, works better in Europe but we really need to do it in the Premiership especially since Man U look like they're going to equally our number of championships this season, not good.

Jude x
word count: 86