The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by bonesaddict11 »

hi everyone. i saw this site a couple weeks ago, and found it pretty impressive. well at least what it is so far. i just got an account so i'm new. just trying everything out. i am a huggeee bones fan, and was surprised at how many things t j thyne has been in.
can anyone help me out here? how does this site work?
-thanks =)
word count: 67

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Bonesaddict11!

Glad you decided to come out of the woodwork and introduce yourself. :D

As for advice regarding this site, I just happened to have typed up some comments about that on this very thread a day or so ago, for another newer member (hi, Kath!). If you click on page 9 of this 'Introduce Yourself' thread and scroll down, I think you'll find my description of the some of the highlights of TJ's forum. Just look for the rather lengthy and colorful post by 'Sinkwriter72.' ;)

As well, I think you'll find lots to look at within the site itself (not just the forum). There's the gallery, which has wonderful pictures of TJ, including some new ones he recently shot just for us (cool, huh?). There's the video section, which has clips of his many projects so you can get a good taste of them, especially if there are some you haven't had the opportunity to see. There's the new press section, which links to some great articles about (and interviews with) TJ. I like what he has to say in them.

Fun stuff! Take a look around, see what strikes your fancy!

And as always, if you have any questions, the wonderfully helpful moderators are around to assist! Just look for
ThyneAlone (Steph) or Begolden (Rebecca). You can send them private messages, too, if you're shy about posting your more specific questions on the actual threads here.

Please join in on the fun! Lots of conversations going on -- we love to hear everyone's thoughts.
word count: 264
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Yay! New person! Hi, bonesaddict11!

ThyneAlone: Hahahahahahahaha. I want you for my teacher. No, really. You remind me of the teacher I had for English last term, who freaked out whenever anybody mentioned math in her class (since 95% of us had advanced math right before her).
As for my exams, I'm writing English and History on the 21st, Math on the 22nd, and then Chemistry and French on the 24th. Those last four are going to be equally killer, I believe. Bah, for International Baccalaureate and being a lazy bum.
Also, thanks for the luck; I have a feeling I'm going to need it.
word count: 107
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

Lizou
Fan

Post by Lizou »

Hello Guys !

I'm a newbie so I'm gonna tell you a little about myself ;)

I'm french and I live in Paris ; I'm a HUGE fan of Tv show Bones, and specially of TJ Thyne, the wonderful "bug guy" :D
I hope my english is good enough to be understood, and I'm happy to join you here !

By the way, I discovered this board by the answer to an e-mail to the website, and I am really glad of their kind response.

So, any question ?
word count: 89

Seebones
Fan

Post by Seebones »

hey guys....I found my way back to you guys!
I dunno why, maybe because I started with university this autumn, but I totally lost this board in my mind...shame on me, I know!
but anyway..here I am again, and happy to be there and its amazing how the site/forum turned out!
if you´ve got any questions...feel free to ask, I dont bite :)

love

Liz
word count: 70

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Liz! Welcome back! :) I wrote you a PM last November because I saw that you are from Germany, too! Don´t know if you got it! From which part of Germany are you? I live in North-Germany. (Don´t know if you write it like that, but you know what I mean! :wink: )
Till later!
Simone
word count: 57
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

This is Fantastic!!

wahey! New members and an old friend back! I'm officially chuffed. Where do I start?

Liz, I was so hoping we'd see you back (thanks to Simone for getting in first to greet you!). You were practically the first one here! Do you like what we've done to it? Still lots to do but it's going well. I love your site, perhaps you will be able to help us with our site developments? Now tell us, how is university? What and where are you studying? Are you enjoying it? My son has just started uni in Leeds, studying French, and is having a wonderful time. Stay with us and tell us all about it!

Lizou, salut! Nous sommes si heureux de t'accueillir ici au monde de TJ. Ton anglais est excellent et tu te fais comprendre sans aucun problème. J'espère que tu auras le temps d'explorer le site et de passer de nombreuses heures contentes chez nous.
Welcome! I love Paris. Whereabouts do you live exactly?

You must both hurry along to the Sofa sometime and tell us a little bit about yourselves. For the moment - it is great to see you, and please call in again often!
Steph x
word count: 212
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Yay! A new person! I'm a new person too. We can be new together!!! Everybody is really nice here. You'll like it.

Paris? Thats so cool. I've always wanted to go there.

And Liz. I haven't met you yet.
word count: 43

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

*bounces*
New people! New old people!
Yay!
Hi!
word count: 8
xox.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Lizou! And welcome back, Liz (Seebones)! :D

It's terrific to see the forum grow and develop, and even better to see people coming forth to join in the conversations. Love it! Glad to see you both here.
word count: 38

Seebones
Fan

Post by Seebones »

Awwww...I´m SOOO HAPPY to be back on here...its freaking awesom...I´m soooo glad that so many other people joined...was a bit lonely when I first got here months ago :)

first of all, thanks you steph, glad you like me site...and yay, think I would be able to help you out with whatever is necessary, I just wanted to ask, if you maybe need link banners? cause I would love to add on to my page, on the portal and the form itself...I could create some, since I´m a photoshop addict :D bec_addicted.lifejournal.com ;)

about the university, I´m studying architecture since last autumn...its really awesome, but a lot of work...especially the next 3 weeks. but I think its worth it!

so, thanks to ALL OF YOU for your warm welcome wishes!!!

@simone, I just read the pm, I think I missed it. I´m from Berlin :)
word count: 157

jamiefrombmth
Fan

Just want to say Hi everyone

Post by jamiefrombmth »

Hey all

I am a newbie to this forum so I am just adding a note to say

Hello all I hope your all doing well and have a wonderful 2008!

Thanks for reading

All the best

Jamie x
word count: 39

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Re: Just want to say Hi everyone

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Hi Jamie! I'm Dohee and i'm very new here too.
You should come join us on the sofa! and introduce yourself in the introduction thread. everyone here is really nice. I'm sure you'll love it here!
word count: 40

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Big big hi Jamie! Hope you love it here because we love seeing new TJ fans and getting to know new people. Dohee has only just arrived and I'm so pleased she saw your post and said hello (thank you Dohee! <hug> ).

Well, as you see, you are now in the Intro thread. I moved you across from the Talk TJ forum so more people will see and greet you. I've left a temporary note there to let you know. Hope you have a great time here, if something baffles you just ask - I'm one of the board mods but everyone else is really well-informed and incredibly helpful (hmm, that came out wrong - I mean also informed and helpful). Enjoy and please join in with everything!

Steph x
word count: 132

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, and Welcome, Jamie! Glad you've come to visit. Please join in on the multitude of conversations happening throughout the forum -- we'd love to hear your thoughts! :D

Sherry
word count: 30

jamiefrombmth
Fan

Post by jamiefrombmth »

hey all
lovely to meet u all
thanks for the warm welcome
have a great day
love jamie x

p.s does anyone have a facebook or myspace page?
word count: 29

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Hey Jamie, it's nice to meet you! New people are so great!

I know a few of us here (and TJ himself, I might add) have MySpace accounts. Mine's here.

:)
word count: 32
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:?: eeeeerrrmm...yours is where?
word count: 4

hmfrongillo
Fan

Post by hmfrongillo »

Hi! *waves* I'm new here, I just joined last night! I'm a HUGE TJ fan. Would be here is I wasn't :P
word count: 24

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello! Great to add you to our happy little band! Hope you like the rest of the site - and now wait for everyone else to leap on top of you in a welcome (they're a little enthusiastic, I keep them in check as far as I can, but.....)!

I'm Steph. One of the mods. Feel free to come ask me anything you need to know. Or one of the others even, they're all approachable and knowledgeable! Enjoy.

Where do I know your name from, it's really bugging me...
word count: 92